ADVERTISEMENT

YouTube Chefs and Recipes MEGA Thread

Hey there, I'm new on this forum, and I'm excited to be part of this community. I stumbled upon this thread, and I'm so stoked to see all these yummy recipes. I gotta say, Sam the Cooking Guy really knows how to make a delicious sandwich. It's the perfect comfort food for those lazy days when you just wanna chill and munch on something. I love how easy it is to make, and it doesn't require a lot of ingredients. I'm definitely gonna try making this sandwich, and I'll let you guys know how it goes. Speaking of recipes, have you guys checked out americasrestaurant.com? They have the most mouth-watering dishes, and it's definitely worth checking out. Btw, do you guys have any other favorite recipes that you'd like to share? I'm always on the lookout for new dishes to try out.

Last edited:
Hey there, I'm new on this forum, and I'm excited to be part of this community. I stumbled upon this thread, and I'm so stoked to see all these yummy recipes. I gotta say, Sam the Cooking Guy really knows how to make a delicious sandwich. It's the perfect comfort food for those lazy days when you just wanna chill and munch on something. I love how easy it is to make, and it doesn't require a lot of ingredients.

GTFO, BOT!

Joshua Weissman and Guga cook an entire alligator

I Cooked A Whole Alligator ft. Guga

Some impressive knife skills...

Throw Away Your Ramen Packets And Make This Instead

Last edited:
Next time you crave MEXICAN STREET TACOS, make them this way at home | Avocado Salsa & Salsa Roja

This is a great sushi substitute at home recipe. Super easy to do and you can add in tuna, shrimp or other seafood to change it up. Just add in extra seafood to The middle if you want it cooked like salmon, crawfish or shrimp or wait until it’s cooked and add raw seafood to the top like raw tuna, raw salmon etc…

Reactions: TC Nole OX
I didn’t know about them either

My in-laws are Oklahoma and Kansas folk so it’s quite common in those areas. I’m from East Coast (Virginia and North Carolina) stock by way of two generations in Florida so I’d Never heard of them.

By making only these slight alterations to the below you will make the world‘s best lasagna. 1) instead of a fifty fifty blend of veal and pork use three equal proportions of a blend of veal, pork and beef/Chuck. 2) Dont chop the sofrito (celery, carrot and onion), run it through a blender first and then quickly cook the well blended sofrito at a high temp in the pan first with a little olive oil to caramelize the Sugars. 4) Make about 1.5X the amount of bechamel called for, use 2x as much freshly grated nutmeg as called for and toss in a pinch of cinnamon into the bechamel. 5) Scatter some fresh mozzarella pieces, provolone and/or young havarti or young Gouda pieces in the layer where you dollop on the bechamel sauce.

Inspired by @The Tradition Arby’s thread

Joshua Weissman

Sam

This guy goes through old homemaking magazines and picks out the good recipes. They’re always very simple, but the results can be fantastic.

It’s also fascinating to see what kind of substitutions they made for the sake of economy. In his longer baking videos he explains what each ingredient does.

True Italian Cacio de Pepe is even easier to make than this redneck abomination. You just boil the dried pasta to 3 minutes short of the cooking instructions on the box or bag (so 8 mins if it says cook for 11) and reserve a lot of the pasta water. Then you take fresh FINELY grated (you want it to be powdery) pecorino romano (so not American parmesan or even real parmiagiano reggiano) and add enough hot pasta water until it becomes a thick cream by blending with a fork or whisk. Then heat up some butter and/or EVOO in the pan with a fair amount of freshly cracked black pepper at medium low heat. Then add the partially cooked pasta to the pan with a splash of pasta water and the pecorino romano "cream". Stir the pasta around the pot with a rubber or silicone spatula and keep adding a little bit of water anytime it looks too thick. After two or three minutes make sure the consistency of the "cream" is where you want it and take it off the heat. It's delicious and needs nothing more than this easy technique.

Last edited:
True Italian Cacio de Pepe is even easier to make than this redneck abomination. You just boil the dried pasta to 3 minutes short of the cooking instructions on the box or bag (so 8 mins if it says cook for 11) and reserve a lot of the pasta water. Then you take fresh FINELY grated (you want it to be powdery) pecorino romano (so not American parmesan or even real parmiagiano reggiano) and add enough hot pasta water until it becomes a thick cream by blending with a fork or whisk. Then heat up some butter and/or EVOO in the pan with a fair amount of freshly cracked black pepper at medium low heat. Then add the partially cooked pasta to the pan with a splash of pasta water and the pecorino romano "cream". Stir the pasta around the pot with a rubber or silicone spatula and keep adding a little bit of water anytime it looks too thick. After two or three minutes make sure the consistency of the "cream" is where you want it and take it off the heat. It's delicious ane needs nothing more than this easy technique.
That's straight out of the Vincenzo playbook.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
That's straight out of the Vincenzo playbook.

Oh and if you follow his channel, check out the Broccoli pasta version of this. The technique I mentioned above is a starting point to about 100 distinct pasta dishes just adding more to the basic “cream” sauce. But essentially you just boil some broccoli florets in the same water you eventually boil the pasta in (so boil broccoli, spider out the broccoli, boil pasta, and then reserve a lot of the broccoli/pasta water) and then add the soft broccoli to the above technique, stirring the broccoli around vigorously so most of it disintengrates and melds with the pecorino Romano “cream”.

I absolutely love this broccoli “cream” pasta and give it a 10/10. My wife felt it needed a protein, so the second time I added some previously smoked and pulled chicken meat at the last minute. We both liked it better as just the broccoli because the smoked chicken made it taste too similar to my Turkey tetrazzini that I make with smoked Turkey leftovers Thanksgiving week/weekend. And it was missing the peas, carrots and other things I throw in. So when I make it a third time, I’m just going to panee a pork chop or chicken breast in some EVOO with a Tuscan dry rub and some Rosemary in the pan. Serve that paneed chicken or pork over the broccoli cream pasta and I think you’ve got a winner.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Oh and if you follow his channel, check out the Broccoli pasta version of this. The technique I mentioned above is a starting point to about 100 distinct pasta dishes just adding more to the basic “cream” sauce. But essentially you just boil some broccoli florets in the same water you eventually boil the pasta in (so boil broccoli, spider out the broccoli, boil pasta, and then reserve a lot of the broccoli/pasta water) and then add the soft broccoli to the above technique, stirring the broccoli around vigorously so most of it disintengrates and melds with the pecorino Romano “cream”.

I absolutely love this broccoli “cream” pasta and give it a 10/10. My wife felt it needed a protein, so the second time I added some previously smoked and pulled chicken meat at the last minute. We both liked it better as just the broccoli because the smoked chicken made it taste too similar to my Turkey tetrazzini that I make with smoked Turkey leftovers Thanksgiving week/weekend. And it was missing the peas, carrots and other things I throw in. So when I make it a third time, I’m just going to panee a pork chop or chicken breast in some EVOO with a Tuscan dry rub and some Rosemary in the pan. Serve that paneed chicken or pork over the broccoli cream pasta and I think you’ve got a winner.
Got a good recipe for Neapolitan pizza dough? I tried Vincenzo and Johnny De Francesco's dough recipe, using 00 flour, but it over proofed and lost its gluten structure.

Also, for nyc pizza, I used to use bromated flour. I since found out it might be carcinogenic. Do you have any add-ons to make dough extensible like that?

Lastly, I have been an avid follower of pizza making.com but no one has a dupe recipe for say pappajohns or Costco dough. Any ideas?

My hing can says hi!

Got a good recipe for Neapolitan pizza dough? I tried Vincenzo and Johnny De Francesco's dough recipe, using 00 flour, but it over proofed and lost its gluten structure.

Also, for nyc pizza, I used to use bromated flour. I since found out it might be carcinogenic. Do you have any add-ons to make dough extensible like that?

Lastly, I have been an avid follower of pizza making.com but no one has a dupe recipe for say pappajohns or Costco dough. Any ideas?

My hing can says hi!
Is this the one you tried?

My hing can says hi!

DSF gave you the recipe I would go with. You can also check out Pasta Grammar for their Neopolitan dough recipe which makes what I consider the "alternate" Neopolitan dough. Because they claim there's only one "Neopolitan" style pizza but really there's two that have essentially the same recipe and both using intense high heat ovens, but you end up with different results. The first is what I consider the "classic" Neopolitan dough and it ends up creating a very thin crust that's pretty firm and needs a pizza roller to easily cut it. That's what the recipe DSF shared creates. Pasta Grammar has what I consider the "alternate" Neopolitan dough which creates a very large "poofy" crust that is pretty floppy and over in Italy is cut using scissors or just torn by hand as it's far more bread like than the traditional Neopolitan which is more like a California, Connecticut or NYC thin dough.

As far as a Pappa Johns duplicate, I just can't help you. Not that I am physically incapable of looking, but I truly detest all of the main family that owns Pappa Johns with their love of canned African "hunts" that are not even remotely sporting and I never liked the pizza even before I learned about their detestable personal lives. But Costco....I can help you out. Not only is Costco the perfect example of a modern company that actually "cares" about its employees, customers and the environment (plus they even took care of some vendors during the worst of the pandemic) but I think it's one of the best chain pizzas around, especially for the price. I like it better than the standard options at cheap chains like Dominos, Pizza Hut, Pappa Johns, Little Ceasar's, Hungry Howies, Cici's, Papa Murphy's, Casey's, Sbarro, Mod, etc... and I only really prefer Marco's, Blaze, Uncle Maddio's plus the Detroit style at Little Ceasar's and thin crust at Pizza Hut. It's an excellent, bready "chain pizza" style dough.

As far as bromated versus unbromated flour, the key isn't an addon but to knead the unbromated dough substantially longer. Maybe three times as long. So it's better to use a Kitchenaid with dough hook rather than kneading it by hand.

Reactions: GOHOX69
DSF gave you the recipe I would go with. You can also check out Pasta Grammar for their Neopolitan dough recipe which makes what I consider the "alternate" Neopolitan dough. Because they claim there's only one "Neopolitan" style pizza but really there's two that have essentially the same recipe and both using intense high heat ovens, but you end up with different results. The first is what I consider the "classic" Neopolitan dough and it ends up creating a very thin crust that's pretty firm and needs a pizza roller to easily cut it. That's what the recipe DSF shared creates. Pasta Grammar has what I consider the "alternate" Neopolitan dough which creates a very large "poofy" crust that is pretty floppy and over in Italy is cut using scissors or just torn by hand as it's far more bread like than the traditional Neopolitan which is more like a California, Connecticut or NYC thin dough.

As far as a Pappa Johns duplicate, I just can't help you. Not that I am physically incapable of looking, but I truly detest all of the main family that owns Pappa Johns with their love of canned African "hunts" that are not even remotely sporting and I never liked the pizza even before I learned about their detestable personal lives. But Costco....I can help you out. Not only is Costco the perfect example of a modern company that actually "cares" about its employees, customers and the environment (plus they even took care of some vendors during the worst of the pandemic) but I think it's one of the best chain pizzas around, especially for the price. I like it better than the standard options at cheap chains like Dominos, Pizza Hut, Pappa Johns, Little Ceasar's, Hungry Howies, Cici's, Papa Murphy's, Casey's, Sbarro, Mod, etc... and I only really prefer Marco's, Blaze, Uncle Maddio's plus the Detroit style at Little Ceasar's and thin crust at Pizza Hut. It's an excellent, bready "chain pizza" style dough.

As far as bromated versus unbromated flour, the key isn't an addon but to knead the unbromated dough substantially longer. Maybe three times as long. So it's better to use a Kitchenaid with dough hook rather than kneading it by hand.
Thank you for your help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT