ADVERTISEMENT

YouTube Chefs and Recipes MEGA Thread

DSF gave you the recipe I would go with. You can also check out Pasta Grammar for their Neopolitan dough recipe which makes what I consider the "alternate" Neopolitan dough. Because they claim there's only one "Neopolitan" style pizza but really there's two that have essentially the same recipe and both using intense high heat ovens, but you end up with different results. The first is what I consider the "classic" Neopolitan dough and it ends up creating a very thin crust that's pretty firm and needs a pizza roller to easily cut it. That's what the recipe DSF shared creates. Pasta Grammar has what I consider the "alternate" Neopolitan dough which creates a very large "poofy" crust that is pretty floppy and over in Italy is cut using scissors or just torn by hand as it's far more bread like than the traditional Neopolitan which is more like a California, Connecticut or NYC thin dough.

As far as a Pappa Johns duplicate, I just can't help you. Not that I am physically incapable of looking, but I truly detest all of the main family that owns Pappa Johns with their love of canned African "hunts" that are not even remotely sporting and I never liked the pizza even before I learned about their detestable personal lives. But Costco....I can help you out. Not only is Costco the perfect example of a modern company that actually "cares" about its employees, customers and the environment (plus they even took care of some vendors during the worst of the pandemic) but I think it's one of the best chain pizzas around, especially for the price. I like it better than the standard options at cheap chains like Dominos, Pizza Hut, Pappa Johns, Little Ceasar's, Hungry Howies, Cici's, Papa Murphy's, Casey's, Sbarro, Mod, etc... and I only really prefer Marco's, Blaze, Uncle Maddio's plus the Detroit style at Little Ceasar's and thin crust at Pizza Hut. It's an excellent, bready "chain pizza" style dough.

As far as bromated versus unbromated flour, the key isn't an addon but to knead the unbromated dough substantially longer. Maybe three times as long. So it's better to use a Kitchenaid with dough hook rather than kneading it by hand.
The biggest problem I have duping American style pizza is that the dough when baked doesn't have that same softness when done that pizza places do. I have read that this might be an issue of oven temp? Dunno.

'Singapore' Rice Noodles, a Hong Kong Classic - How to Fry Singapore Rice Noodles (星洲炒米)

Orange Chicken

Honey Chicken

Sweet and Sour Chicken

Lemon Chicken

Last edited:
I happened upon this channel a couple weeks ago. She seems like she’s probably high maintenance and her face is about a 7 or 8. But she’s got a rockin’ body and is now one of my primary sources for all things dessert.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
There is a lot of gold on this guy’s channel if you like cooking Chinese and other Asian food

Chinese Takeout Lo Mein Secrets Revealed

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Martha Stewart's 15-Recipe Thanksgiving Special | How to Cook Turkey, Potatoes, and Pie

I'm doing a marinated and smoked London Broil (cheap top round) this Sunday. The marinade is a copycat Steak and Ale marinade that they used for the Kensington Club and the Hawaiian Chicken.

It's basically a cup of pineapple juice with sugar, soy sauce, red wine vinegar, dry cooking wine or sherry, granulated garlic and whole lotta time to tenderize that tough beef.

Planning on 36 hours in the marinade before I take the roast out, dry it off with paper towels, make it round as possible with butcher's twine, dust with some course-ground black pepper and get smokin' on Sunday looooow and slooooow. Trying to keep the ambient temp under 225 degrees on the Weber Kettle cooking indirect

It'll only take about 45 minutes for the 1-3/4 pounder I'm working with to get it to rare, then I'll rest it, crank up the coals, and then sear it right over the fire to get a nice crust. Sliced thin, it will be great on sammiches or just on a plate with sides.

Anyone make Aebelskevers? I went on a cast iron buying binge around 10 years ago and that included an aebelskiver pan. Of course I never used it and now need to re-season the pan.

These look good. I’m making them soon.

Danish Aebleskiver | FIND Iowa

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Making Jack in the Box Tacos with Joshua Weissman!

Former Jack in the Box employee shows one big ingredient that Joshua missed

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT