ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Lujan - South Dakota St Offensive Coordinator

Jul 23, 2023
I've heard from someone I know that has a working relationship with some of the coaches that this guy is one of the front runners for the OC job at the moment. He also has significant interest from Northwestern.

I'm currently watching him coach the FCS National Championship against Montana and I would definitely take him. He runs a more modern offense out of the pistol/gun that incorporates some read option and RPO's. However it is still a run first offense that fits with Kirk's values.

Zach Lujan - 2023 FCS Coordinator of The Year

2023 South Dakota St Offensive Stats

PPG: 38.4

Rush Yards per Attempt: 6.4
Rush Yards per Game: 230.5
Rush Attempts This Season: 507

Pass Yards per Game: 225.6
Pass Yards per Attempt: 9.8
Pass Attempts This Season: 321

Average Time of Possession: 31:41

I've heard from someone I know that has a working relationship with some of the coaches that this guy is one of the front runners for the OC job at the moment. He also has significant interest from Northwestern.

I'm currently watching him coach the FCS National Championship against Montana and I would definitely take him. He runs a more modern offense out of the pistol/gun that incorporates some read option and RPO's. However it is still a run first offense that fits with Kirk's values.

I mentioned him back in like October.

I thought the job description said a person needed success at the FBS?

Iowa gets beat by a depleted Tennessee team with a month to prep, solely focused on winning the game and “tabling” the OC job until after their season was over(35-0, In embarrassing fashion nonetheless). meanwhile this guy can interview for multiple jobs and have his team ready to beat a really good Montana team.
I’ve been tough on Ferentz in the past but never called for him to step down. But unless this hire is absolutely shocking and not just Chryst or Philbin (and those hires are fine but jeez man you gotta have in down within 2-3 days of your game) I think I’ll officially be on the “waiting for Ferentz to be gone” side.

Iowa gets beat by a depleted Tennessee team with a month to prep, solely focused on winning the game and “tabling” the OC job until after their season was over(35-0, In embarrassing fashion nonetheless). meanwhile this guy can interview for multiple jobs and have his team ready to beat a really good Montana team.
I’ve been tough on Ferentz in the past but never called for him to step down. But unless this hire is absolutely shocking and not just Chryst or Philbin (and those hires are fine but jeez man you gotta have in down within 2-3 days of your game) I think I’ll officially be on the “waiting for Ferentz to be gone” side.
Well bye then or switch to your alt username when it’s Chryst.

Reactions: F5n5
Well bye then or switch to your alt username when it’s Chryst.
Don’t have an alt and don’t have a problem with chryst, what I’m saying is what was the upside of waiting if it was just gonna be the guy he knew he wanted months ago?? I guess it’s just venting but fans gotta be frustrated at the mishandling of this situation all round

Don’t have an alt and don’t have a problem with chryst, what I’m saying is what was the upside of waiting if it was just gonna be the guy he knew he wanted months ago?? I guess it’s just venting but fans gotta be frustrated at the mishandling of this situation all round
Paul was busy. Kirk was not in a hurry because it made no difference and he wanted to do the official stuff through HR when both could do it. I’m sure other guys also coming physically to IC to talk.

Gotta move on at some point, might as well be now.

Have to imagine we are a better landing spot than Northwestern.
NW has a very wealthy alumni base. The students are too cool to support the team, but when they graduate, they seem to change and pump a lot of money back into the school.

NW HC Braun and Lujan coached 3 years together at SDSU.

Next target for NW will be the SDSU QB.

There was never any smoke with Lujan coming to Iowa with his previous connection to Braun.
Nope. Braun never coached with Lujan at SDSU. NU’s DL coach did, though.

Reactions: Torg
So nobody's coming.

Hire Brian back.

james-franco-wait-what.gif

• Haha
Reactions: hawkdave007
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT