ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Lujan - South Dakota St Offensive Coordinator

Hey outSo nobody's coming.

Hire Brian back.
Go Away GIF

NW has a very wealthy alumni base. The students are too cool to support the team, but when they graduate, they seem to change and pump a lot of money back into the school.
A whole lot of those wealthy NW alums really don’t give a damn about football. I was at an event once standing next to a couple wealthy NW alums and they were having a serious discussion about whether the university should just go the route of the University of Chicago and drop down to Division III. Living in Chicagoland for 7 years, I heard similar sentiments from a lot of the Wildcat alumni.

This guy can go out and win a Natty, and have a job 15 minutes later… didn’t seem to hurt his game prep… WHAT A JOKE
Iowa gets beat by a depleted Tennessee team with a month to prep, solely focused on winning the game and “tabling” the OC job until after their season was over(35-0, In embarrassing fashion nonetheless). meanwhile this guy can interview for multiple jobs and have his team ready to beat a really good Montana team.
I’ve been tough on Ferentz in the past but never called for him to step down. But unless this hire is absolutely shocking and not just Chryst or Philbin (and those hires are fine but jeez man you gotta have in down within 2-3 days of your game) I think I’ll officially be on the “waiting for Ferentz to be gone” side.
Kirk has to interview multiple candidates. Do we know for sure that Lujan interviewed for multiple jobs?

Kirk's clear obligation was correctly to this team and its bowl game. You wonder why his players are willing to run through a wall for the guy.

Even in Kirk's strengths (ie: loyalty) he gets hammered. Fans get so pissed because they care so much. They care so much because Iowa is a good football program. Do you think all the fuss exists if Iowa had been winning 4 games per year? Not likely. Guess who's responsible for Iowa being a good football program. You're welcome

You guys are just betting on the fact those guys have a history with KF and are the 'most likely candidates'. Im guessing it isnt either of those.
It gonna be Chryst.

Kirk recruited against Chryst in Wisconsin. Paulie should be able to open doors in that state for us.

It gonna be Chryst.

Kirk recruited against Chryst in Wisconsin. Paulie should be able to open doors in that state for us.
So what's the hold up?

Give me 3 weeks to find another job in January and if I can't I'll let you know if I want the job.

So what's the hold up?

Give me 3 weeks to find another job in January and if I can't I'll let you know if I want the job.
Has to do the HR formal stuff internally. Can't skip those steps.

I am sure probably some official or unofficial requirement to "interview" more than one candidate also.

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
Kirk has to interview multiple candidates. Do we know for sure that Lujan interviewed for multiple jobs?

Kirk's clear obligation was correctly to this team and its bowl game. You wonder why his players are willing to run through a wall for the guy.

Even in Kirk's strengths (ie: loyalty) he gets hammered. Fans get so pissed because they care so much. They care so much because Iowa is a good football program. Do you think all the fuss exists if Iowa had been winning 4 games per year? Not likely. Guess who's responsible for Iowa being a good football program. You're welcome
Actually, I would say Fry is responsible for Iowa being a good football program. But Kirk gets credit for keeping it that way..

Lot of moving parts I’m hearing this morning. We might have a new WR coach as well, so it might be more of a dilemma getting all this figured out. So last nights freak out by me was not warranted. But I’m still thinking it’s chryst and is taking too long lol.
all offensive position coaching positions should be at the behest of the new OC.

Reactions: intrepodor
Lot of moving parts I’m hearing this morning. We might have a new WR coach as well, so it might be more of a dilemma getting all this figured out. So last nights freak out by me was not warranted. But I’m still thinking it’s chryst and is taking too long lol.
Good points for those thinking taking too long. Anyone coming in would want to have a lengthy discussion about existing personnel and what they may wish to do. Some may say c'mon Kirk could have talked to Paul long ago about this, but we know that ain't Kirk as he was focused on the season and Paul was busy as well.

Reactions: ICHawk2440

all this debate is so silly! If Kirk let go of the control on offense and hired a decent OC that can hire good position coaches all this venom goes away! Kirks loss of popularity is a good hire and hands off approach to O away! Seems pretty simple to me 😳

all this debate is so silly! If Kirk let go of the control on offense and hired a decent OC that can hire good position coaches all this venom goes away! Kirks loss of popularity is a good hire and hands off approach to O away! Seems pretty simple to me 😳
So on offense the blame is on Kirk and on defense the credit goes to Phil? Seems silly enough to me

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
So on offense the blame is on Kirk and on defense the credit goes to Phil? Seems silly enough to me
KF screwed the TEAM with promoting his son to OC and then doubled down with naming BF the QB coach. Both BF and KF get to stand in front of the fan that just got hit by shite. Then, only KF gets to wade in the warm waters with PP on defense and rinse the shite off. BF is at home with wet wipes.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
So who is the WR coach that Chryst would bring with him?

KF screwed the TEAM with promoting his son to OC and then doubled down with naming BF the QB coach. Both BF and KF get to stand in front of the fan that just got hit by shite. Then, only KF gets to wade in the warm waters with PP on defense and rinse the shite off. BF is at home with wet wipes.
KF also hired Norm and Phil and Lavar, and has provided them with their recruiting strategies, and maintained good defenses and special teams for over 20 years

Have to imagine we are a better landing spot than Northwestern.
But people also don't want to see Iowa win/want us to go away for some reason.

Something to do with our online social media fanbase, but also because Kirk and his philosophy (particularly on offense) rubs people wrong like Tim Tebow being a "nice guy" rubbed people wrong and the San Antonio Spurs just being ugly to look at during their mini dynasty in the 2010s............

But it IS a real thing.

Reactions: ICHawk2440
KF also hired Norm and Phil and Lavar, and has provided them with their recruiting strategies, and maintained good defenses and special teams for over 20 years
Yep, it all starts and stops with the HC. He is deserving of praise and criticism, what's your point?

Yep, it all starts and stops with the HC. He is deserving of praise and criticism, what's your point?
KF frequently gets blamed for the offense but rarely gets credit for the defense and special teams.

If you're going to blame him for the offense, you have to credit him for the defense and special teams.

Or don't give Kirk credit for the D and special teams, but don't blame him for the offense either.

But fans can't just cherry pick one side of the ball to fit their narrative

KF frequently gets blamed for the offense but rarely gets credit for the defense and special teams.

If you're going to blame him for the offense, you have to credit him for the defense and special teams.

Or don't give Kirk credit for the D and special teams, but don't blame him for the offense either.

Wait; so your point is we should all shut up because the defense is good and the Special teams are good? So leave offense as it is and just be happy that some things are good?
Hmmm how do you deal with your kids when they come home with a report card of an A or 2 a B or 2 and an F? Especially if the F is in math or science or English?

I think most do give him credit for the positives the team has (D, ST, etc), maybe they just don't put it into every post?

Has to do the HR formal stuff internally. Can't skip those steps.

I am sure probably some official or unofficial requirement to "interview" more than one candidate also.
This, A lot of people don't understand the hoops to jump through in hiring a person.
Just can't say "hey want a job?" "ok you're hired"

• Haha
Reactions: DewHawk
Wait; so your point is we should all shut up because the defense is good and the Special teams are good? So leave offense as it is and just be happy that some things are good?
Hmmm how do you deal with your kids when they come home with a report card of an A or 2 a B or 2 and an F? Especially if the F is in math or science or English?
Of course that isn't his point. Kirk deserves both credit for the good stuff and blame for the bad stuff.

This, A lot of people don't understand the hoops to jump through in hiring a person.
Just can't say "hey want a job?" "ok you're hired"
Then why do other teams seem to fire OC today and have a new one in a week?

It honestly doesn't take long to replace someone, if you are wanting them replaced. And with the OC job being open since Fall, well, I have full faith that BG had a budget already approved for hiring whomever. I would also guess that BG and UI Pres have said they want to be in on the interviews and opened their calendars to KF so it would delay his hiring (knowing how important this hire is).

I think most do give him credit for the positives the team has (D, ST, etc), maybe they just don't put it into every post?
Can't disagree at all what you're saying but the percentage of posts are 90% negative and 10% positive.
Focus is way out of whack due to the poor offensive showing. People have a tendency to lean harder negative than positive.

Can't disagree at all what you're saying but the percentage of posts are 90% negative and 10% positive.
Focus is way out of whack due to the poor offensive showing. People have a tendency to lean harder negative than positive.
KF can correct the disparity himself.

Yes, people, like the MSM, like to go after the negative far more than the positives. Clicks, likes, etc are all that matter.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Then why do other teams seem to fire OC today and have a new one in a week?

It honestly doesn't take long to replace someone, if you are wanting them replaced. And with the OC job being open since Fall, well, I have full faith that BG had a budget already approved for hiring whomever. I would also guess that BG and UI Pres have said they want to be in on the interviews and opened their calendars to KF so it would delay his hiring (knowing how important this hire is).
Because Kirk doesn't just hire and fire people on a whim like others. Look at how many other teams turn over coaching positions and look at how many have been with Kirk long tenures. He takes time to study the situation to see if a coach is a good fit or not. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Fans don't have any control over how Kirk evaluates a coach. Hence the impatience when he takes longer than 3 days like fans want. There will be a major portion of fans that will hate the choice of offensive coordinator he picks and thats ok. I just hope whoever it is gets the offense turned around and scoring points to help the defense out.

Don’t have an alt and don’t have a problem with chryst, what I’m saying is what was the upside of waiting if it was just gonna be the guy he knew he wanted months ago?? I guess it’s just venting but fans gotta be frustrated at the mishandling of this situation all round
Please explain how it's been mishandled. We don't even know what's going on.

• Love
Because Kirk doesn't just hire and fire people on a whim like others. Look at how many other teams turn over coaching positions and look at how many have been with Kirk long tenures. He takes time to study the situation to see if a coach is a good fit or not. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Fans don't have any control over how Kirk evaluates a coach. Hence the impatience when he takes longer than 3 days like fans want. There will be a major portion of fans that will hate the choice of offensive coordinator he picks and thats ok. I just hope whoever it is gets the offense turned around and scoring points to help the defense out.
Other coaches know it's a business and winning is all that matters to donors\NIL. KF, stubborn as a mountain mule...

This next guy HAS to turn the Off around or the AD may have to make a bigger cut.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT