ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Lujan - South Dakota St Offensive Coordinator

KF frequently gets blamed for the offense but rarely gets credit for the defense and special teams.

If you're going to blame him for the offense, you have to credit him for the defense and special teams.

Or don't give Kirk credit for the D and special teams, but don't blame him for the offense either.

But fans can't just cherry pick one side of the ball to fit their narrative
I guess give Kirk credit that he leaves Phil totally alone and has no input into Phil’s decisions. Kirk does have input on the offense.

• Haha
Reactions: eyesofhawk
Please explain how it's been mishandled. We don't even know what's going on.
OC fired mid season, allowed to finish season (no big deal) but then allowed to coach the bowl game. How is that not mishandled? (We lost the game 35-0) I understand it probably happens but why would that be what’s best for the team? Now, if iowa ends up with a slam dunk hire (which will still vary on personal opinions) I guess in the end it wouldnt have been mishandled… but it’s my opinion this wasn’t handled great from the start. Hopefully I’m wrong. I am quite often

OC fired mid season, allowed to finish season (no big deal) but then allowed to coach the bowl game. How is that not mishandled? (We lost the game 35-0) I understand it probably happens but why would that be what’s best for the team? Now, if iowa ends up with a slam dunk hire (which will still vary on personal opinions) I guess in the end it wouldnt have been mishandled… but it’s my opinion this wasn’t handled great from the start. Hopefully I’m wrong. I am quite often
I would agree it was mishandled ... at the end of the 2022 season. He should have been gone then.

But, by mid-season this year, I'm guessing the voice mail and email's of BG, Barb Wilson and even some of the BOR's were overflowing when complaints about BF. They had to make a move to quiet the storm, so to speak.

A new OC wasn't going to help Iowa in the bowl game, except maybe to just watch and hold a clipboard.

I'm crossing my fingers that they get this right. But, I don't think we'll know (if they got it right) until next fall.

Then why do other teams seem to fire OC today and have a new one in a week?

It honestly doesn't take long to replace someone, if you are wanting them replaced. And with the OC job being open since Fall, well, I have full faith that BG had a budget already approved for hiring whomever. I would also guess that BG and UI Pres have said they want to be in on the interviews and opened their calendars to KF so it would delay his hiring (knowing how important this hire is).

I wouldn't be surprised if Beth was to.be associated with the interviews in some way. I dont rhink.the UI president will be more then a very interested observer.

sdsu qb ran 93 times for 402 yards. Hill ran 50 times for -114 yards.

That's not phenomenal, but it's clearly an astronomical improvement from where Iowa's at.

Any OC who convinces Kirk that the qb must run the ball at least several times a game gets a big check mark in the positive column based on that alone.

sdsu qb ran 93 times for 402 yards. Hill ran 50 times for -114 yards.

That's not phenomenal, but it's clearly an astronomical improvement from where Iowa's at.

Any OC who convinces Kirk that the qb must run the ball at least several times a game gets a big check mark in the positive column based on that alone.
The mere showing of a qb that can and will run, is another dimension to the offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT