ADVERTISEMENT

***B1G Tournament Session 1***

Warner has the occasional headscratcher against inferior opponents, and this was one of them. Not really worried as it fits his MO and I don't see him losing to Rasheed again in this tournament or at nationals. Murin took A LOT of bad shots as a freshman, but he has been much better this year. Not sure what he was thinking there at the end going outside. Hopefully just a blip. Young is in trouble.

With only six allocation slots at 157...now five since Peyton Robb just stole one making it to the semis, KY has his work cut out for him. I’m hoping he’ll be better this afternoon further away from the cut, but I’m beginning to think that he’s pulling too much weight. Will need two consi wins I believe. Though he should have a good case for a wildcard. Limping into to March.
There’s no question young is making it in. He’s ranked 4th

Reactions: meatloaf55
With only six allocation slots at 157...now five since Peyton Robb just stole one making it to the semis, KY has his work cut out for him. I’m hoping he’ll be better this afternoon further away from the cut, but I’m beginning to think that he’s pulling too much weight. Will need two consi wins I believe. Though he should have a good case for a wildcard. Limping into to March.
He’d be a lock for an at large bid I would think.

There is a picture in the NCAA rule book that shows that exact position. It's a takedown. Murin, Young, Warner need to win those matches.
They do need to win those matches.

However, there is no such picture in the NCAA rule book. I just looked. I do think it was a takedown, as it looked like control to me, but it is not as cut and dry as you make it out to be.

Last edited:
All 3 of our losses are due to losing scrambles in the last few seconds.
McKee is as good as Murin any day, Robb is a tough kid too IMO, but lack of scoring by both cost them.

Warner scored 1 point against fricking Rasheed, nothing else needs to be said.

Reactions: Born Hawkeye
Stop it with the young may not qualify comments, no matter what he places here he would 100% get an at large bid, his resume is very strong

I wrote that he should get a wild card...I don’t know what you’re talking about when you say stop it with the young might not qualify crap. My only point was that Wick and Nevilles will also need one and there’s only so many to go around, basically, I’d like young to do it the hard way and win a few on the backside. Which he can do.

McKee is as good as Murin any day, Robb is a tough kid too IMO, but lack of scoring by both cost them.

Taking into account match-ups I think the worst match today for Iowa was DeSanto vs Lovett.

Reactions: wyldhawk9

To me, they need to leave behind the strategy of making 2 or 3 attempts in matches with these opponents. It plays into the hands of defensive or counter wrestlers in my opinion.

I was going to suggest we take all the hot garbage and toss it in a separate thread but I see there is one started. It's not over. The sky is not falling. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? C'mon guys, let's do it.

I was going to suggest we take all the hot garbage and toss it in a separate thread but I see there is one started. It's not over. The sky is not falling. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? C'mon guys, let's do it.
Damn, and all this time I thought it was the Japs.

Reactions: CumberlandHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT