ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten session 1 discussion

yeah, a lot of guys who coach will tell you that the step back from the competitive grind gives them a whole new perspective and they start to see and feel things they didn't before. the dude has beaten 2 AA's already this year, one of them up a weight. he's legit and if you didn't know that, that says more about you than kaleb young.
I was going to say something to that effect, but I think you said it better.

Reactions: Jrjt0518 and js8793
After 4/5 years in college...their high school accolades don't mean squat.

Berge has been "average" pretty much his entire college career.
No shit Sherlock as usual you cracked the case. He's had a ton of injuries which I'm sure hasn't helped his cause, and still beats our 3x All-American. That's hardly a "lesser opponent" dipshit.

Feels like 2019 and the previous handful of years all over again when it comes to consistently losing the toss up matches... Murin the lone exception so far this tourney. Really poor from Young Assad and Warner. All have one thing in common... zero offense.

Thanks for everything Warner, have a nice life after college. I'm tired of watching you.
Well he’ll be back next year most likely so save that good bye. Lot of tournament left and Jacob has had some solid runs on the backside. A good run here will do wonders confidence wise. I’m keeping it glass half full till the consi eliminations start.

Injuries to half our lineup will do that.
Understand but I still don’t think we were going to beat penn state this year. Their hammers beat our hammers head to head. They don’t generally make mental mistakes and they always get more bonus points. Young, Assad, and Warner have too many mental lapses and marinelli for whatever reason, struggles at nationals.

Big Cass and Higler
Feel like they've wrestled 10 times
Tony gets a body lock, TD and Rick Flair is in the house!
Waaahoo
It's not a man-bun as much as a pony tail
Tony has Hilger flat
1 min RT
1:15 left
His ride is sneaky tough
with 24 seconds left Hilger stands and almost esc as Tony throw him oob
no esc
2-0 with RT over 2 min
ride out
almost a tilt at the end.

Reactions: Jrjt0518
No shit Sherlock as usual you cracked the case. He's had a ton of injuries which I'm sure hasn't helped his cause, and still beats our 3x All-American. That's hardly a "lesser opponent" dipshit.
and people are acting like he didn't also beat young last year at ncaa's. if he didn't blow out his knee in the quarters, he almost certainly beats 33 seed sheets in the round of 12 to AA. this shouldn't have caught anybody off guard.

2:15 RT
Hilger goes neutral
Hilger has a double
but TC hips
Hilger on a leg and nothing
Tony upper body lock and Hilger looks to bail and cannot cover but almost counters
No score with lots of action
1 min left

Reactions: Jrjt0518
Warner... Wtf

giphy.gif

Tony in deep on a leg and is about to cover and ref calls PD
Hmm?
I can hear TC say "shoot"
Ironside"What was that? Pd?"
under 10 seconds and brands yells underhooks
so Tony gets the unders and body lock to a TD with 5 seconds and almost gets backs
4-0 with 2:20 RT end of 2
3rd period
Hilger riding and trying to sucj
Tony with head up and rv
6-0
relase
6-1
1:15 left
RT is locked
SM with 46 seconds and both haveing legs.

You're the one touting his high school career. You're just sticking up for him cause he's a Minnesota kid.

Berge puts most people to sleep if you watch him.

Try again.

Hilger misses Tc leg and then covers
Hilger has a cradle and has it over
TC fights off to belly and has a leg
TD for Hilger
Restart and RV for Tony
Tony wins 9-3

Reactions: nwhawkincr
Not a great round, but no earth-shattering surprises in the results. We knew those matches were going to be tough. We've known for a long time how Young and Assad and Warner wrestle: they have skills but they lack the Alger factor (urgency and toughness). The worst news in that round was Eierman's leg and Kemerer's shoulder.

Lots of good wrestling left.

Understand but I still don’t think we were going to beat penn state this year. Their hammers beat our hammers head to head. They don’t generally make mental mistakes and they always get more bonus points. Young, Assad, and Warner have too many mental lapses and marinelli for whatever reason, struggles at nationals.
That's what Spencer Lee is for............To convince Penn State to do poorly or incur his wrath.

They chose the latter.

Not a great round, but no earth-shattering surprises in the results. We knew those matches were going to be tough. We've known for a long time how Young and Assad and Warner wrestle: they have skills but they lack the Alger factor (urgency and toughness). The worst news in that round was Eierman's leg and Kemerer's shoulder.

Lots of good wrestling left.
Eierman tweeked his knee vs Red in the Nebby dual. I'm guessing it's from that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT