ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten session 1 discussion

And PSU dominates the post season typically while Iowa falters. Cael’s kids have that Gable mentality, while the Brands’ wrestlers often go into a turtle shell (except Spencer).
Which wrestlers go in a turtle shell? I saw a lot of guys attacking and gutting it out despite some rough injuries. Some definite disappointments, but almost everyone was going for it. Several matches a point away from a major.

Giving an opinion isn't giving up on them. Majority of this current roster isn't as aggressive or skilled as PSU. (Sometimes facts hurt) I think most fans with a brain knew it'd take a miracle for this team to compete for the title. Majority of these seniors are broken and gassed. Let them ride off into the sunset and be excited for the future.
BS , to talk like this while these guys are still battling. Sad excuse for a fan, if you actually are one of the Hawkeyes.
I hope for our sake that our “future” wrestlers or their families don’t catch wind of or believe that true Hawkeye fans would be giving up on them before the second day of the BiGs.
These guys have done things for their team the last 6 years that I’m sure you could not fathom.
If you have Hawkeye gear you should give it away to someone who deserves it!

Nice job on finishing that TD Kemerer! He knows what to do with a leg in the air

giphy.gif

It's always hard when you are in the middle of the action, but, as stated by several others nothing so far is a surprise. Honestly I don't think we are talking enough about Max Murin and his absolute iron will. IF Iowa is going to have a chance at a national title it will be won on the backside of the bracket. Don't lose hope. This tournament isn't over AND crazy s*** happens at NCAA's every single year.
I said something about max earlier this year. I think he's going to be one of the pleasant surprises. But I have no inside information.

Giving an opinion isn't giving up on them. Majority of this current roster isn't as aggressive or skilled as PSU. (Sometimes facts hurt) I think most fans with a brain knew it'd take a miracle for this team to compete for the title. Majority of these seniors are broken and gassed. Let them ride off into the sunset and be excited for the future.
WTF. Just give up and cancel your membership here

It's always hard when you are in the middle of the action, but, as stated by several others nothing so far is a surprise. Honestly I don't think we are talking enough about Max Murin and his absolute iron will. IF Iowa is going to have a chance at a national title it will be won on the backside of the bracket. Don't lose hope. This tournament isn't over AND crazy s*** happens at NCAA's every single year.
i think max has a really special drive inside him. he squeezes every ounce of talent out of his body. he's a sentimental favorite of mine. i'll be gutted if he never makes the stand. give him some of the physical talents of other guys and he would be a special talent.

You're the one touting his high school career. You're just sticking up for him cause he's a Minnesota kid.

Berge puts most people to sleep if you watch him.

Try again.
You're a Fing idiot. I have no other point than that.

Last edited:
We have ALL 10 MEN moving on to Nationals! We had a pretty solid 1st day once you consider everything that this team is battling through. 4 in the finals without Mr. Lee!!! Did not take a look at the final point total. Guessing with Lee IOWA would be at or near the top.

A strong showing here on day 2 will obviously be huge. Many expected match ups like 133, 141. Bull and Big Cass in the finals also something we wanted or expected. KemDawg MFF stings, as does a few of the early loses, but everyone who got bounced to the backside got the job done to get to NCAAs.

A lot of wrestling still to be done. GO HAWKS!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT