ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten session 1 discussion

Not a great round, but no earth-shattering surprises in the results. We knew those matches were going to be tough. We've known for a long time how Young and Assad and Warner wrestle: they have skills but they lack the Alger factor (urgency and toughness). The worst news in that round was Eierman's leg and Kemerer's shoulder.

Lots of good wrestling left.
Great take here Tarp. Nothing earth shattering happened...just hope JE and Kem can go and no further injuries.

Next round will JE or kem wrestle, Murin tough draw, hope the bull can slow down himiti, cass gets kerk again. Then all the backside guys can they bounce back. Tonight’s gonna be tough

Not a great round, but no earth-shattering surprises in the results. We knew those matches were going to be tough. We've known for a long time how Young and Assad and Warner wrestle: they have skills but they lack the Alger factor (urgency and toughness). The worst news in that round was Eierman's leg and Kemerer's shoulder.

Lots of good wrestling left.
yep..... wouldn’t be post season if the cesspool wasn’t flooded with people who haven’t posted all year bitching and giving up on the team after a few losses

make hay in the wrestle backs.... mostly though get everyone qualified for nationals..... wonder if Kem might MF out though.... that didn’t look good

Giving an opinion isn't giving up on them. Majority of this current roster isn't as aggressive or skilled as PSU. (Sometimes facts hurt) I think most fans with a brain knew it'd take a miracle for this team to compete for the title. Majority of these seniors are broken and gassed. Let them ride off into the sunset and be excited for the future.

Reactions: ccdiver
Nothing is over , NOTHING ! I’m embarrassed by some of the comments from Iowa fans. If anything these guys deserve the respect and gratitude of being warriors for Iowa.
Agree 100%!!! A lot of keyboard chumps online today! As a 5 year college wrestler I have nothing but respect for guys like Michael, Alex, Austin....my body still hurts from all the years of training 25 years later and now I have to add in the pains of being over 50!

Feels like 2019 and the previous handful of years all over again when it comes to consistently losing the toss up matches... Murin the lone exception so far this tourney. Really poor from Young Assad and Warner. All have one thing in common... zero of

We don't peak for Big 10s.

Throwing out the PSU excuse. 😉
Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we choke a bit at B10s, but then turn around and surprise everyone in Detroit. Would love to see Jaydin, Kem and Alex win in Detroit!

Really? He lost by 2 points. And he's been wrestling good as of late. You sound as if you have a crystal ball in your living room. :) I'm going to bet on the Hawks, especially against PSU, if I think they have a chance, and Young clearly had a chance...and will have another chance if they meet again. :)
Young struggles with Berge. Berge gets a nice first round win and kaleb had the bye. I am far from surprised faith this result.

Giving an opinion isn't giving up on them. Majority of this current roster isn't as aggressive or skilled as PSU. (Sometimes facts hurt) I think most fans with a brain knew it'd take a miracle for this team to compete for the title. Majority of these seniors are broken and gassed. Let them ride off into the sunset and be excited for the future.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Saying you're excited to see members of a class graduate is a bullshit comment. Especially when you look at what this senior class has accomplished and given to the program. No matter how you want to spin it.

From PSU Wrestling Club site:

2022 Big Ten Championships​

Team Standings
Team
Score​
# SF​
# F​
# Consi 1​
# Consi 2​
# Consi
Semi​
# 7th-8th​
Max
Possible​
Michigan
68.5​
8​
227.5​
Penn State
67.5​
7​
3​
231​
Iowa
55​
6​
4​
223​
Nebraska
47.5​
5​
2​
201​
Wisconsin
36.5​
3​
3​
219​
Ohio State
33​
3​
6​
195​
Northwestern
27.5​
2​
5​
195​
Minnesota
21.5​
2​
2​
189.5​
Rutgers
18.5​
1​
3​
210.5​
Michigan State
17​
1​
3​
149​
Purdue
13​
1​
4​
146​
Illinois
12​
1​
166​
Maryland
5.5​
2​
103​
Indiana
4​
3​
141.5​

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we choke a bit at B10s, but then turn around and surprise everyone in Detroit. Would love to see Jaydin, Kem and Alex win in Detroit!
We all would, and those guys are fine, minus the injuries. The 57 84 97 losses were a gut shot and I really thought all three of those guys were going to make that Gable Era leap this year. But I've been waiting for those types of improvements for 20+ years and it just doesn't happen as much anymore.

It's always hard when you are in the middle of the action, but, as stated by several others nothing so far is a surprise. Honestly I don't think we are talking enough about Max Murin and his absolute iron will. IF Iowa is going to have a chance at a national title it will be won on the backside of the bracket. Don't lose hope. This tournament isn't over AND crazy s*** happens at NCAA's every single year.

Not a good round for the Hawks. Even the injured guys that gutted out wins seemed to "tweak" their existing injuries. Drake and Kem are wrestling on pure heart. Jayden added a knee injury to his year long hand injury. Those frustrate me far more than 157, 184, and 197. They can redeem themselves on the backside. 125, 141, and 174 are not getting healthy by tonight or 2 weeks from now. That stings far more. Kudos to Kem and Eierman for how they have battled this year. Onward

It's not easy but Drake getting 3rd would help as that would limit Hildebrandt to 7/8.

Austin needs to make the final worst case.

Jaydin needs to make the final worst case.

Max upsetting Sasso not impossible but needs to make the 3/4 match worst case.

Young needs to get 3rd worst case.

Bull needs to win it.

I don't know what they will do with Kem but need a 3rd worst case if he goes.

Abe has work to do to get on the stand. He better step it up.

Warner needs to rebound and get 3rd.

Cass needs to make the final.

Last round kinda sucked so might as well tear it up next round.

Last edited:
Been the story between iowa and psu for years. Their top guys bonus like crazy and iowa is happy to pull it out.
Been the story between iowa and psu for years. Their top guys bonus like crazy and iowa is happy to pull it out.
And PSU dominates the post season typically while Iowa falters. Cael’s kids have that Gable mentality, while the Brands’ wrestlers often go into a turtle shell (except Spencer).

And PSU dominates the post season typically while Iowa falters. Cael’s kids have that Gable mentality, while the Brands’ wrestlers often go into a turtle shell (except Spencer).
I really don't remember gable or gable trained wrestlers running for 6 minutes and 15 seconds then taking one shot at the end. Maybe Duals on PBS will clear that up for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT