ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten session 1 discussion

Barlett wins even though B1G thought maybe the TD was with 2 seconds.
Smeone will need to explain that.

Barlett wins even though B1G thought maybe the TD was with 2 seconds.
Smeone will need to explain that.
It was bullshit. That’s a takedown, maybe the called reaction time, but Blockhouse (sp)was behind him with both hands down for Bartlett.

Last edited:
I think Blockhus had control and 2 not once but twice. Hard to believe the call goes for Cael. SSDD.

That was 2 all day. Big question is what was Bartlett doing allowing Blockhus anywhere near his legs on that last restart?

Reactions: 24 so far
I’ve said this before but referees shouldn’t be able to review their own calls. More often than not they aren’t going to overturn what they call. If that wasn’t two then review is pointless. Also, get rid of the side referee. These referees are all buddies and are not going to step in and say the head referee made the wrong call.

I think Blockhus had control and 2 not once but twice. Hard to believe the call goes for Cael. SSDD.
This x100. Folk style is all about control. I don’t know how that gets reviewed and two isnt rewarded. If Bartlett had been in the down position and worked his way to that position. No escape would be rewarded. It was control, and a hose job against Minny. Dumb. Reward offensive wrestling, stupid.

Last edited:
I’ve said this before but referees shouldn’t be able to review their own calls. More often than not they aren’t going to overturn what they call. If that wasn’t two then review is pointless. Also, get rid of the side referee. These referees are all buddies and are not going to step in and say the head referee made the wrong call.
The call was no two, so yes it’s nice to have review. It was close

Berge up 4-1 end o 1. Got a TD with 1 second left.
Now riding tough
ESC
4-2 Berge with RT

They need to do it like football. Have an impartial ref in studio review and make the call.
Or just don’t be a panzi and be able to admit when you’re wrong. Wrestling is a quick sport and it’s okay to admit that you missed something.

it was absurd and I feel bad for Blockhus. I mean it’s not like this tournament matters at all right. Jesus.

I didn't see Barlett's match, but we can't trust the clock graphic on TV. Every match I've watched so far it's been behind by about 2 seconds.
I get what you're saying because you're right, some of it is lagging. That said, when they showed the review sequence they put the clock up with it, so I assume that is considered real time. If so, and believe it is so, Minnesota got jobbed.

I get what you're saying because you're right, some of it is lagging. That said, when they showed the review sequence they put the clock up with it, so I assume that is considered real time. If so, and believe it is so, Minnesota got jobbed.
i really wish we could get official explanations of review decisions, not just the final call. seems like that transparency would actually help them. "clock hit zero before his head touched" would make it clear that our clock was behind and they made the right call. officials in every sport are their own worst enemy so often.

Kmerer up
Quick TD in 25 seconds
2-0
Rlease
2-1

Standing cradle attempt into a TD
pretty flat.
release
4-2
Branuegal from ILL FFT
ONeil in super deep on Kem and body lock and hips and
cuts it for his own TD
6-2
wow.
that will not be good for confidence on ONEIL>

Cradle and fall.

Im in the wrong thread again. Thanks, @Kwoodhawk

When ONeil didn't score after being so deep, it wasn't going to end well
2:32 seconds TOF
Ref didn't have time to count the backs.

Im in the wrong thread again. Thanks, @Kwoodhawk

When ONeil didn't score after being so deep, it wasn't going to end well
2:32 seconds TOF
Ref didn't have time to count the backs.
Haha. There’s a lot going on right now! Already today I’ve been nervous as hell, happy as hell, agitated at bad officiating, and elated for a pin fall. And all of that was in the last 20 mins!

It must be March wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT