ADVERTISEMENT

***Big Ten Tournament Session IV Thread***

@SPOONER
Monkey makes Ironbird look reasonable
I just like giving you guys sh** for winning.

Win less and that wouldn't happen, because the responses I get tell me it clearly bothers a lot of people, regardless of how many of your fans wanna say on the internet that it doesn't or that you don't care. I'm great at reading between the lines and knowing what people really mean and how they really feel. Like bourbon not responding to me after I bring up steroids. ;)

And to that I say.........

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Cali_Nittany
All in all, pretty solid performance for what this team is. Everybody wrestled pretty well imo.
Well said. 6-1 so far in last matches and the only loss was a forfeit. Add in Cass and some combination of Brands and Assad and they would be the clear #2.

The problem with that hypothetical is, it would only then be fair to add Starocci back in for PSU and they almost certainly score over 200 points. How many times has that happened??

Iowa Team Results from Medal Round:

125- Ayala won by Dec., 4-1; finishes 3rd
133- Teske won by Dec., 4-1; finishes 5th
141- Woods won by Dec., 11-8; finishes 3rd
149- Rathjen won by Dec., 11-5; finishes 5th
157- Franek MFs; finishes 4th
165- Caliendo won by Dec., 8-5 SV-1; finishes 3rd
174- Kennedy won by Dec., 4-1 SV-1; finishes 5th
184- Riggins lost 9th place match by Fall 3:49
197- Glazier
HWT- Hill

Wow...he worked Glazier over there. Great tournament for Glazier though...set himself up for a good seed come nationals...just hope it's on the opposite side of Brooks

Reactions: Sullivan
Glazier shoots but just sits there.
That is simply due to 7 layers of separation in athleticism. Brooks makes just about everyone look like they are standing still.

Hidlay is probably the only one with any chance and that chance is not something you should bet on without very favorable odds…

Reactions: vhsalum
Considering he beat Smith who is ranked top 5 in most places I feel like he could place anywhere from 3-rd12. Would be happy with 6 tho
Sadly, I think Smith was overranked due to 1 early season win over Sloan. Sloan has always been inconsistent, kind of like Warner was during the season. Other than Little, Smith was probably Glazier’s best chance to beat a top 10 guy.

If I had to seed the weight I would go Brooks, Hidlay, Beard, Sloan, Deprez, Elam, Buchanan and then Glazier. However, there is a big mash up of these guys in the Big12 and EIWA, so Glazier may benefit from them losing to each other and could sneak up a slot or 2. Still, I think he has a really hard time beating any of the names I listed. Hope he finds a way, but he has to be even better than he has wrestled so far.

Edited due to: Elam beat Buchanan at Big 12’s. Cardenas also beat Deprez at EIWA’s, but he has quite a few losses. I could see Glazier above both and moving up to a 7th seed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inthecircle
I can see Glazier and then smith/Allred in the 8/9 match.
197 isn't too deep in the big ten, and I definitely see what you're saying

If David Taylor starts coaching somewhere, I could see him building up a program and eventually picking away recruits from Cael. It's going to take a new generation of wrestling/coaching talent to break up PSU though. Under the current coaches/programs, no one is going to sniff PSU.
If only there were a program that needed a world level upper weight coach that could afford him…

That's your olympic trials final there.
Was last time wasn't it? Closer than most expected. I think Taylor tones it down though when wrestling his brothers.
Jmo
I'd like to see Brooks vs Yaz.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT