ADVERTISEMENT

Big Tens PBP Thread

Well that was anticlimactic lol. Great pin by Parris. Pretty sure he got Cass on that same move last year. Pretty fast slap on the pin but his shoulders were definitely flat. Two Goliath all time great heavies we are getting two watch. Plus two true juniors. So both pretty young guys.

If not for those two all time great heavies then Cass could be a multi time champ. Crazy.

Much thanks. It is VERY telling how bad Nasser destroyed MSU Athletics when it can be argued that the wrestling team is the best across all sports!

Roger and Chris are both good coaches. They just aren’t going to recruit at the level necessary to get into the upper half of the B1G and they just don’t have the resources to get guys to keep jumping levels. Meaning guys like Foley and Caffey have plateaued. Still, if they can keep them from regressing that is a major step in the right direction.
Very happy to see they can finish inside the top 10 and get out of that bottom 4 rut they have been in for quite some time!
You don’t yhonk Caffey can improve and hasn’t already? I agree with a lot of what you said but not that. Anyone can improve damn near anywhere

Is it a hand for DaSanto, ruins most of his offense with no grip
Brands said after the rby cradle thing happened that Desanto is not used to and needs to get used to discomfort lol but I think it’s true. He has to suck it up. He’s my favorite wrestler to watch but the energy just wasn’t there. Definitely don’t think rby is in his head tho lol.

You don’t yhonk Caffey can improve and hasn’t already? I agree with a lot of what you said but not that. Anyone can improve damn near anywhere

Honestly, I think Caffey is the exact same wrestler he was last year. His style is the same. He moves the same. He relies almost exclusively on scrambles. Now, that isn't to say he isn't AA caliber. It is to say he hasn't gone from being AA caliber to AA lock to contender to favorite. Those are the kind of level changes I was talking about and just don't see happening at MSU. This goes back a long time. Hell, even Gomez regressed a bit after being a National Champ

He always acts like something is wrong in big situations. We’ve all witnessed these dudes. I think he’s fine and just scared of RBY.
He would fake an injury in two matches just to avoid defeat vs RBY? I can promise you that is one of the dumbest things I’ve heard.

Bad grip hand is not good for him and lets face it he does not function well when a physical ailment is present. It totally messes up his head.
Probably true, definitely wasn’t the guy we were used to

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT