ADVERTISEMENT

Big Tens PBP Thread

Brands had so many opportunities, looks like he just forgets to react on his feet. Brooks ankle seemed just fine in the 3rd
a good tape job should do that.
You're right, Brands simply forgot to react. Almost like he forgot who he was wrestling. Brands loves to throw in those heavy hips and use his go-behinds, but against a guy like Brooks, he can't sit back and wait. When he was aggressive he was scoring points, those moments he waited, he got smoked.

Reactions: Muscles1989
This was a real good first round.
If Blockhouse beats Lovett and Max ends up in third, I don’t think he loses anything seed wise for NCAA’s. He beat Blockhouse head to head and will avenge the Lovett loss. Murin has a lot to wrestle for.
Brands need to beat Jordan for a 2nd time. A win over Jordan means he wrestled above his seed, a good thing.
We can get 7 to the finals.
Love Cass, tough matchup with Parris though. I hope I am wrong about Cass!
Young has the 2nd toughest semi. The rematch with Lee will most likely be a tight match again
The Next toughest is Warner vs. Amine
No comments on this one, just get it on and let the fur fly.
Anything less than 5 finalists is a disappointment.
6 in the finals is good, 7 is really good, 8 would be outstanding.
Go Hawks!

Anybody think Brooks will forfeit out? That ankle is only going to swell and tighten up more. He's already qualified. Cael has done it before. They're not exactly in striking distance as a team.
I don't think so. If he forfeits out now, he could drop a few seeding spots for NCAA's. That could give him a rough quarterfinal matchup. But maybe for a guy like him it doesn't matter much.

Reactions: 24 so far
This was a real good first round.
If Blockhouse beats Lovett and Max ends up in third, I don’t think he loses anything seed wise for NCAA’s. He beat Blockhouse head to head and will avenge the Lovett loss. Murin has a lot to wrestle for.
Brands need to beat Jordan for a 2nd time. A win over Jordan means he wrestled above his seed, a good thing.
We can get 7 to the finals.
Love Cass, tough matchup with Parris though. I hope I am wrong about Cass!
Young has the 2nd toughest semi. The rematch with Lee will most likely be a tight match again
The Next toughest is Warner vs. Amine
No comments on this one, just get it on and let the fur fly.
Anything less than 5 finalists is a disappointment.
6 in the finals is good, 7 is really good, 8 would be outstanding.
Go Hawks!
I feel much better about Warner v. Amine than this morning. Has to keep his feet moving, but Amine is beatable.

I feel much better about Warner v. Amine than this morning. Has to keep his feet moving, but Amine is beatable.
He is, but Warner loves his counters and Amine might be too quick for that to work. Guess we'll see. Jacob seemed to get up 3-0 and coast on in this last match. Maybe he just wanted to stay fresh.

Terry and Bormet were jawing after the Spencer Ragusin match. Wonder what they were saying

Lee must be sick. Mic caught Brands , amongst other things, say "you're at freaking 30%" after the match to Lee

$10 is worth it for brands comments alone. He barked at that ref that whole match after potentially dangerous. Bad. Called him every name in book
I thought he sounded off at the interview the other day.

@MSU158 ’s team having a good tourney. They are battling.

Much thanks. It is VERY telling how bad Nasser destroyed MSU Athletics when it can be argued that the wrestling team is the best across all sports!

Roger and Chris are both good coaches. They just aren’t going to recruit at the level necessary to get into the upper half of the B1G and they just don’t have the resources to get guys to keep jumping levels. Meaning guys like Foley and Caffey have plateaued. Still, if they can keep them from regressing that is a major step in the right direction.
Very happy to see they can finish inside the top 10 and get out of that bottom 4 rut they have been in for quite some time!

Take a look back at Spencer's match with Ragusin. On his second set of back points he was only awarded 2 points. I just watched the match again and have no idea how that wasn't 4?? Obviously didn't matter, but he was on his back for a long time to not be a full 4.
He also had another 2 NF at the end of the 2nd, it would’ve ended the match there.

Reactions: nwhawkincr
Lee must be sick. Mic caught Brands , amongst other things, say "you're at freaking 30%" after the match to Lee

$10 is worth it for brands comments alone. He barked at that ref that whole match after potentially dangerous. Bad. Called him every name in book
I missed this live. I went back and rewatched (approx 2:15:00 mat 3 is good to start). Sounds like he said “you’re 40%” and that’s all you could hear. I’m just speculating but he’s 5-0 with 2 more matches here then 5 at NCAAs so he’d have 12 total. 5/12 is 41.67%. Probably what he’s talking about.

I missed this live. I went back and rewatched (approx 2:15:00 mat 3 is good to start). Sounds like he said “you’re 40%” and that’s all you could hear. I’m just speculating but he’s 5-0 with 2 more matches here then 5 at NCAAs so he’d have 12 total. 5/12 is 41.67%. Probably what he’s talking about.

Im pretty sure that was Terry’s way of saying he needs to get sharper as the tourney moves on. Kind of like saying ya got the win but you’re not close to be full on Spencer Lee yet. It was coach speak in my opinion

Im pretty sure that was Terry’s way of saying he needs to get sharper as the tourney moves on. Kind of like saying ya got the win but you’re not close to be full on Spencer Lee yet. It was coach speak in my opinion

Lee teched the guy but didn’t look right. Idk hopefully I’m overthinking this but looked pretty tired heading toward tunnel

Yeah I couldn’t be more confused. It was a mismatch on paper and on the mat. Why would anyone have been nervous?

Kid tried to go upper body late and I wasn’t sure Spencer had the gas to counter that move. I almost reached for a Xanax until realizing I’ve never tried that one yet and that Spencer had dug deep into what was remaining of that 30% energy in his tank and prevailed by a shaky tech fall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neo_Hawk
Lee teched the guy but didn’t look right. Idk hopefully I’m overthinking this but looked pretty tired heading toward tunnel

I think whenever Spencer doesn’t pin or finish it in the first people get nervous. I’d guess you’re overthinking it. Ragusin is a very skilled and decorated wrestle, who is probably under seeded due to his lack of matches at 125 and Spence still tech falls him. Hell, that might be Spencer’s toughest match this weekend.

What did he do that was dirty in the Lee match?
I’ve seen a few things previously, in the match with Lee there were two points he tried to over a torque a joint. One was the short over tie at the elbow the other I have to watch again, but I believe he tried to twist his foot. There is no doubt in my mind these are attempts to force injury not wrestle! You will see it again if you watch him wrestle, mark my words

I think whenever Spencer doesn’t pin or finish it in the first people get nervous. I’d guess you’re overthinking it. Ragusin is a very skilled and decorated wrestle, who is probably under seeded due to his lack of matches at 125 and Spence still tech falls him. Hell, that might be Spencer’s toughest match this weekend.
It also makes sense to get a little tired in the 3rd when your matches are usually over in less than 2 minutes...

There's no way that's what he meant lmao

Reactions: Chips28
It also makes sense to get a little tired in the 3rd when your matches are usually over in less than 2 minutes...

you are supposed to be tired coming off the mat or you didn’t give it your all. Let’s forget Spencer had to score a 19 point advantage to get match termination. I was tired watching the match

I’ve seen a few things previously, in the match with Lee there were two points he tried to over a torque a joint. One was the short over tie at the elbow the other I have to watch again, but I believe he tried to twist his foot. There is no doubt in my mind these are attempts to force injury not wrestle! You will see it again if you watch him wrestle, mark my words
that first counter he had tried some dirty shit twister leg and ankle, looked like Glory popping hudkins knee joint. I didn’t see anything after that, but ref should’ve called that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT