ADVERTISEMENT

Fans from rival fan bases trying to tear down Caitlin

I think the black twitter/x/verse agrees with me.
d3a0b3d9-aeff-4bd8-9ebe-739d4fc105ed_text.gif

We can just ignore the 800 pound gorilla in the room.
Uneducated people and intentional trolls don't count, though. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
Doubt it.
so you are saying iowa hawkeyes and the fans and all of iowa are racist? this is the problem I had with the 2020 riots and the firing of the strength coach at iowa football. no, everyone from iowa is not racist. are there racists there? yes. is it whitey world like idaho or utah? maybe.

so you are saying iowa hawkeyes and the fans and all of iowa are racist? this is the problem I had with the 2020 riots and the firing of the strength coach at iowa football. no, everyone from iowa is not racist. are there racists there? yes. is it whitey world like idaho or utah? maybe.
There's nothing wrong with loving your own race. When an Indian wins an Olympic medal, I celebrate it. Cuz he or she shares my culture and has accomplished something. We celebrate all the CEO's that run once white companies. I don't besmirch the largely white Iowa demographic loving the leading scorer of all time in women's basketball and the fact that she happens to be white. But the rest of the world, that isn't white, might have some heartburn with it, especially since that sport, in other levels, is mostly black. You don't like my take? I don't care. That's how a minority like me sees it and I'm sure others do to, who aren't white. Then again, I don't care diddly about women's basketball so good for her and her teammates, of which I can name like 2 to 3.

It's actually 100% race. Similarly, if CC was black and that good and a hawkeye, chances are most of you would be tepid in your love of that version of CC. It's all good. Race begets race. You know, I know it, Bob Dole knows it.
Please.

There's nothing wrong with loving your own race. When an Indian wins an Olympic medal, I celebrate it. Cuz he or she shares my culture and has accomplished something. We celebrate all the CEO's that run once white companies. I don't besmirch the largely white Iowa demographic loving the leading scorer of all time in women's basketball and the fact that she happens to be white. But the rest of the world, that isn't white, might have some heartburn with it, especially since that sport, in other levels, is mostly black. You don't like my take? I don't care. That's how a minority like me sees it and I'm sure others do to, who aren't white. Then again, I don't care diddly about women's basketball so good for her and her teammates, of which I can name like 2 to 3.
dot or feather indian? as if it really matters
I got this fantastic story about a hot babe dot indian , ha ha

For someone who doesn’t care about WBB you’ve sure spent a lot of time in these threads. And you certainly make a lot of loud assumptions about how we mean old Iowans would feel about a fictional person in a fictional scenario. You don’t even for a second get to tell me how I feel about anything, ever.

For someone who doesn’t care about WBB you’ve sure spent a lot of time in these threads. And you certainly make a lot of loud assumptions about how we mean old Iowans would feel about a fictional person in a fictional scenario. You don’t even for a second get to tell me how I feel about anything, ever.
Do submit your well researched book report ;)

Probably, for many reasons. But the numbers don't really support it is very widespread.
I think my wife is getting tired of it. but she's from missouri. she went with me to a bar last year to see the final game with iowa and lsu. she hated it. not really a fan. so here we are a year later and she's still not impressed. oh well. it's an iowa thing

Reactions: BrotherHawkeye
I think my wife is getting tired of it. but she's from missouri. she went with me to a bar last year to see the final game with iowa and lsu. she hated it. not really a fan. so here we are a year later and she's still not impressed. oh well. it's an iowa thing
And that's good enough for me.
As Rick Nelson sang years ago, You can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself. All that I've read or heard about her, I think that's why Caitlin plays, all the rest is just a bonus.

She's the god damn Michael Jordan of women's basketball. He was no saint and I tuned in every damn game when I was 7 years old. What do I remember for him? Being a ****ing champ.

People who hate on CC bc she swears or shrugs her shoulders at the refs are soft as 1 ply.
MJ also had James Worthy on his NCAA championship team. Worthy was the MVP.

Reactions: Ree4 and hoffmkr
Look above for said posts.

I never said she was Jordan. Just used it to prove to you it isn't all about race. I was watching Jordan well before he won anything. Now, again, you sure you aren't interested? Sure seems like it.

She ain't Jordan. Jordan had titles in both college and the NBA. She has neither.
Obviously she's not MJ, but she's the best in her sport. He was the best in his sport. They both complain/complained hard to the refs, and they both get/got on their teammates to play better. I don't remember ever hearing that this on-court behavior made MJ a horrible role model for kids.

I never said she was Jordan. Just used it to prove to you it isn't all about race. I was watching Jordan well before he won anything. Now, again, you sure you aren't interested? Sure seems like it.
I'm interested in the racial dynamics and messianic brainwashing. Sure. As sociology goes, it's highly interesting. As far as women's basketball is concerned, no. I stopped when this NIL garbage started.

She’s not Jordan, no one is…..and that’s fine. She’s put women’s basketball on the map, Iowas profile has been upgraded and she’s set records. Appreciate it for what it’s worth and something as Iowa fans we are not likely to see again. Support her or not, realize she has more eyes on her than any women’s athlete…..maybe ever. Give her a break

Basically, from perusing social media, it's a bunch of Nebraska, ISU, LSU, South Carolina fans, and black people (particularly black women) that are driving the social media hate train for Caitlin Clark, with the occasional Paige Beuckers Super Fans sprinkled in.

Rather than get upset by their trolling, I'll just have fun at their expense instead. :cool:

I will say though, that as far as Caitlin losing fans, this was always gonna be the concern. You can't ever let them see you at your worst, even if keeping your head down and playing on with a smile on your face becomes harder and harder every day.

The more exposure she got, the harder it was gonna be to keep non-Iowa fans from finding any little thing to attack her about. She hasn't done herself many favors this year, in particular, compared to her previous 3 years at Iowa, but as I said above, most of the trolling and hatred and detractions come from people with their own agendas, whether it's Angel Reese/LSU fans, or salty Nebraska fans, or angry black women who were jealous that Clark stole the thunder of a sport that had been dominated by black women, and technically really still is when you account the majority of elite players in the sport........

What Caitlin needs to understand, hopefully before her time in Iowa City is done, and I would say this to her face if I could............the thing about playing with a chip on your shoulder, is that at some point you have to learn to live with that chip. If you keep leaning on that chip, and you lean too much, that chip becomes a crack, and it gets bigger and bigger, and suddenly that foundation that you've established for yourself, your motivation for how you play, (the way you play, i.e. with a chip on your shoulder) becomes your own weakness.

That's a lesson she needs to learn before she unwittingly becomes the villain of her own story by the end of her playing career, regardless of how good she is.

Agreed on all accounts, although I think she was pretty good in the second half in fact, I thought in the fourth quarter in particular, I turned to my son and said she’s actually calmed down quite a bit. She’s got a stoic face and she’s not rushing.

On a side note brother Monkey have you seen any articles out there where they made a big deal about the foul discrepancy?

And that's good enough for me.
As Rick Nelson sang years ago, You can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself. All that I've read or heard about her, I think that's why Caitlin plays, all the rest is just a bonus.

Great song!!!

I'm interested in the racial dynamics and messianic brainwashing. Sure. As sociology goes, it's highly interesting. As far as women's basketball is concerned, no. I stopped when this NIL garbage started.

Yeah, I know you are interested. It is painfully obvious how interested you are in Caitlin Clark. Unfortunately for you, it is for all the wrong reasons. But that is a you problem.

Reactions: MplsHawk
Agreed on all accounts, although I think she was pretty good in the second half in fact, I thought in the fourth quarter in particular, I turned to my son and said she’s actually calmed down quite a bit. She’s got a stoic face and she’s not rushing.

On a side note brother Monkey have you seen any articles out there where they made a big deal about the foul discrepancy?
I have. It's pretty funny how some are latching onto it as the next way to say "gotcha" regarding Caitlin Clark. I have seen several non-Iowa fans come to hers and Iowa's defense though, including media members, so it's not all just uneducated fans, trolls, and shock jock clickbait media types trying to pile on Clark and Iowa.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I have. It's pretty funny how some are latching onto it as the next way to say "gotcha" regarding Caitlin Clark. I have seen several non-Iowa fans come to hers and Iowa's defense though, including media members, so it's not all just uneducated fans, trolls, and shock jock clickbait media types trying to pile on Clark and Iowa.

Yes…on a side note West Va shot 36 FTs in the Princeton game (only made 18 😳) and PU shot 21?

Go figure…haven’t heard much about that?

One person doesn't mean diddly squat, especially when she played there. Good for her.
You literally said Iowa fans would be tepid in their support of a black star player, and I proved you wrong, in the player's own words. How many star black players must Iowa fans support to make you wrong in your own mind? They were pretty supportive of the Murrays. Doesn't count because they were male?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT