ADVERTISEMENT

Fans from rival fan bases trying to tear down Caitlin

You literally said Iowa fans would be tepid in their support of a black star player, and I proved you wrong, in the player's own words. How many star black players must Iowa fans support to make you wrong in your own mind? They were pretty supportive of the Murrays. Doesn't count because they were male?
You are saying that support is equivalent to this? I'm going to say, yeah no.

• Haha
Reactions: cmhawks99
You are saying that support is equivalent to this? I'm going to say, yeah no.

Black woman, sang praises of her support and you are comparing that to one of the what, 10 most impactful athletes of the last 50 years….yeah that s a 1 on 1 extrapolation.

Cameron Brink said F you to a ref when she fouled out. So it's not Like Caitlin is the only one that says Fvck.

Looked to me like she said "thank you" to the ref and there's no doubt in my mind that it was an insincere and sarcastic "thank you." Not enough to draw the "T." If she'd really dropped an "F Bomb" to the refs, she would have been T'd up.

If she really said "F you," then I'm betting good money that it was in reaction to something said to her by the ISU bench and she directed the "F Bomb" to the ISU bench. She wouldn't have gotten "T'd up" for responding to being heckled/taunted by the ISU bench.

Looked to me like she said "thank you" to the ref and there's no doubt in my mind that it was an insincere and sarcastic "thank you." Not enough to draw the "T." If she'd really dropped an "F Bomb" to the refs, she would have been T'd up.

If she really said "F you," then I'm betting good money that it was in reaction to something said to her by the ISU bench and she directed the "F Bomb" to the ISU bench. She wouldn't have gotten "T'd up" for responding to being heckled/taunted by the ISU bench.
Ok, If you say so. But according to Forthewin she said it to the ref. I don't think she would say thank to the ref, So believe what you want.

Last edited:
Don’t ever let your kids sit behind a bench at a D1 football game.

News flash, top athletes are competitive and yell and swear during games. Happened all the time before CC and will happen all the time after. The difference between CC and almost every other athlete is that she is under a constant microscope with a camera following her every move. Everything she does is scrutinized. Like I said above, this is normal in men’s sports but now that more eyes are on WBB, meaning more cameras and scrutiny, people are acting surprised that highly competitive women would act the same way.
A similar experience with Mr Tiger Woods

The guy had every single shot televised and scrutinized. He was ultra competitive, but I’m not sure he was the ONLY one to have a fire lit under him.

We got to see the best and the worst of Tiger on the course. Loads of players swore, tossed clubs, threw fits but didn’t have the eyes on them that he did.

Caitlin does need to be aware (and sure she is) that every little thing she does for the foreseeable future will be criticized.

Tiger never really apologized for it, and neither should she. It’s part of the game and she should be herself

Do submit your well researched book report ;)
I’d recommend you research better comebacks.

Until then, would it be too much to ask that you participate in basketball discussion here on the basketball forum and take your politics to the off topic board?

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
Ok champ I'll take your word for it.
Thank U GIF

/thread

Caitlin has become so accomplished and successful, she's now become the villain of college basketball. They don't hate the good ones, they hate the great ones. With the added pressure of people calling her the GOAT and the expectations thrust upon her, I can't imagine how hard it all must be.

But every time she steps onto that court, there are people like the examples that were provided that are praying for her downfall. Some may not say it out loud and act like they have no ill will against her, but reading between the lines shows just how much they hate her. Scumbag little debbie, cyclowns, and SC fans hate her because she owns them. While LSU, despite beating her, are still immensely jealous of her talent, skill, and the fact that everyone focuses on her, and not them. They all come together in these campaigns to put every action she takes under a microscope to try and find that smoking gun that will get her cancelled one and for all. But the numbers and stats don't lie, CC is a superstar.

All we as Iowa fans can do is cheer her on and give her the support she deserves. Show her that she has people in her corner who have her back.

Husker fans everywhere are extremely butthurt that Clark garners so much attention.

They've never, and will never, have a sports figure of this magnitude.

Reactions: HFan1981 and 2D_
Most of the hate directed at CC seems to be racial. If she was black, there’d be no haters, only adoring acolytes.
Not sure.

Let’s say an opponent has a very good player that gestures to the crowd, complains to the refs a lot, trash talks, and drops Fbombs. You saying everybody would like that ?

My ass.

Last edited:
Everything positive about Clark being said is true from getting the crowd going to all the time she spends signing autographs. Can't say I wasn't a little disappointed in her ball off her head and the words she was mouthing in last night game. Especially in what is a family setting with so many young kids. Has to be very difficult for her.
Imagine what she has to listen to on the court from other players and fans.

Reactions: herkhatescy
There are entire videos of NBA stars laughing and telling stories of the shit talk from Larry Bird. People fall all over themselves watching these videos and saying how awesome it is to get the players perspective and how funny Bird is talking g smack and backing it up.

The Last Dance is Jordan reminding everyone on the planet he is the goat and shit talking people from his era that he played against. People eat it up.

Caitlin says **** on camera and we have a slow motion video on a loop and assholes saying she isn't a good role model. As she makes time to see kids at home and away games to sign things and take photos. She doesn't flex her financial success anywhere.

We had our assistant coach for football need to be restrained from going after officals in the Big Ten Championship game on national TV. Not.much said.

The sad part is the officials in wbb need someone to go after them. The fact Caitlin hasn't been injured after the way teams have guarded her is a bit unreal. The officals should be yelled at by Caitlin if for no other reason than self preservation.

Tell me though as we tear her down....how many other college athletes ever anywhere have needed to hire bodyguards to walk to class?

Not sure.

Let’s say an opponent has a very good player that gestures to the crowd, complains to the refs a lot, trash talks, and drops Fbombs. You saying everybody would like that ?

My ass.
Caitlin only really started doing that more her junior and definitely senior year as she started playing into, and got more comfortable with, all the theatrics and the attention/spotlight that has been placed around her.

Her early demeanor wasn't anything like it is now. So it really would've been about the same.

She'd have her fans, and there would be people getting tired of her by her senior year, especially as the media/public focus began to shift towards her negative side.

Reactions: GOHOX69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT