ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State preview/predictions

morning feelings:
25-Ayala should win. He is the better wrestler. Be smart. 3-0
33-Teske is the better wrestler. I understand the ISU guy is tough, but Teske should be looking for an early TD get a turn or two and win by MD 7-0
41-Same as 41. #1 guy needs to get the early TD and turns. MD 11-0
49-coin flip. Both had similar records and NCAA last year. Difference is weight. VV needs to get on top. I’ll say ISU to not be a complete homer. 11-3
57- Franek needs to make us forget why we ever wanted Chittum. 14-3
65-Carr, Caliendo needs to keep it to a dec. 14-6
74- Arnold needs to keep composure and not let the moment get to him. Stay away from the 7 point move. 17-6
84- I feel Swafford will have a better showing this week. ISU isn’t has Dynamic on his feet as Munoz and will see a lot of hand fighting. Could see the MD but hoping for dec ISU 17-9
97- coin flip. ISU guy was 174 last year. Glaizer is better then some think 20-9
285-Hand fight hard try to keep it to a MD but I think TF 20-14 Iowa

morning feelings:
33-Teske is the better wrestler. I understand the ISU guy is tough, but Teske should be looking for an early TD get a turn or two and win by MD 7-0
49-coin flip. Both had similar records and NCAA last year. Difference is weight. VV needs to get on top. I’ll say ISU to not be a complete homer. 11-3
74- Arnold needs to keep composure and not let the moment get to him. Stay away from the 7 point move. 17-6
84- I feel Swafford will have a better showing this week. ISU isn’t has Dynamic on his feet as Munoz and will see a lot of hand fighting. Could see the MD but hoping for dec ISU 17-9
97- coin flip. ISU guy was 174 last year. Glaizer is better then some think 20-9
I’d be real happy with this outcome. I’m missing the wtf moment/match tho.

morning feelings:
Real pin. Carr major. Feldkamp major. 22-16.

I feel if Kirk Ferentz could only be made honorary coach today, Bastida would trip over some toilet paper on way to the mat and medical forfeit the Hawks to a 2-point win.

Some strikes and gutters, ups and downs today against Oregon State, but on to the next one. ISU has dropped 17 straight duals to Iowa, last winning in 2004. This could be their best chance in years to knock out the Hawks, which would obviously piss us all off a great deal.

Rankings per Intermat.

#8 Iowa vs. # 10 Iowa State

125: #11 Ayala vs. #17 Kysen Terukina. Terukina majored Eric #6 Barnett today, which was surprising, and Drake looked off this afternoon. I'm gonna say today's loss motivates Drake to bounce back and win by decision. Hawks 3-0.

133: #9 Teske vs. #18 Evan Frost. I like Teske by a comfortable decision. Hawks 6-0.

141: #1 Woods vs. #15 (at 149) Anthony Echemendia. I think Real is able to get to his legs and maybe a turn. Real by decision. Hawks 9-0.

149: # 9 VV vs. Casey Swiderski (NR by Intermat, Flo has him at #13). Swid beat #14 Zargo pretty handily today and can be hard to score on. VV needs to clean up his finishes to win this one. I'm going with Swid in a close decision. Hawks 9-3.

157: #2 Franek vs. #19 Cody Chittum. Hilton could be salty in this one after Chittum decommitted from Iowa. I think Franek controls this match as a savvy veteran, wins by decision. Hawks 12-3.

165: #5 Caliendo vs. #2 David Carr. Carr is just on a different tier, wins by decision. Hawks 12-6.

174: NR Arnold vs. #22 MJ Gaitan. Assuming Gabe goes again, I like him to control this match from neutral and push to get the major. Hawks 16-6.

184: #29 Stafford vs. #5 Will Feldkamp. Will need something big to pull this match out. Feldkamp by major, Hawks 16-10.

197: #23 Glazier vs. #25 Julien Broderson. This will be a big one. Think Glazier gets a TD late to seal it in a gritty decision. Hawks 19-10.

Heavy: NR Hill vs. #7 Yonger Bastida. Mismatch here, but I'm gonna say Hill is able to keep it to a major. Wouldn't matter for the dual if the previous go as above. Hawks win 19-14.

Not much room for error, and we almost have to have wins at 25, 33, 74, and 97. I will not be going, as I can't stand that stinking place and its fans.
Do you mind if I copy/paste this analysis on to a thread I started in the football forum? I made a post there in hopes of getting the wrestling program some more exposure since it's being broadcast on ESPN, but admittedly, I don't know as much about the current program and hoped your post could help fill some of us in.

Do you mind if I copy/paste this analysis on to a thread I started in the football forum? I made a post there in hopes of getting the wrestling program some more exposure since it's being broadcast on ESPN, but admittedly, I don't know as much about the current program and hoped your post could help fill some of us in.
Go for it! Be sure to let them all know it comes from the greatest analytical mind in the sport of wrestling though.😂😂😂

I think the production and audience for this dual are big time. Take advantage of this opportunity! The entire wrestling world will be watching.

Not great.

Gonna be some undersized kids wrestling up.

It's going to be one hell of an accomplishment to win this year.
I think Kennedy can beat Gaitan. I think Arnold has the better chance at limiting bonus points. We'll see.

Arnold is giving up 10+lbs in this case.
And he's wrestling an AA, not some high schoolers like Naak.
Long guys have usually given PK problems with finishing shots.

We'll see soon enough???
We all are full of opinions but that’s why they wrestle the matches! Keeping expectations high and hoping for a good outcome. An unexpected pinfall early on would be awesome!

Reactions: Slim45 and MitchLL
If Dresser loses to Iowa today, with everything going on, he should be terminated before he gets back to the locker room.

• Love
Reactions: 504hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT