ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa WBB 2025 Recruiting Thread

I have been told that Greenway is NOT coming to Iowa. Was told this a while ago and heard it again a week ago from those watching her at Boo Williams. Again, just what I have been told. My source has been pretty good with past info.....
Thanks for the info. I’m sure those think otherwise because they purportedly know the family or are connected with MN AAU sources will chime in post haste.

Out of curiosity, can you share what intel your source had in the past that turned out to be solid?

Reactions: HIWILLE and hawkod
I have been told that Greenway is NOT coming to Iowa. Was told this a while ago and heard it again a week ago from those watching her at Boo Williams. Again, just what I have been told. My source has been pretty good with past info.....
From their family or from coaching staff? She has been to several games, and has the family ties. I am not here to discount your sources, at the same point I am skeptical. There is nothing that has surfaced to support this.

It does appear you have a decent contact either the team or All Iowa attack. In either case slightly surprising if the Hawkeyes would be willing to pass on a high level player with connections to Iowa.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperSK
From their family or from coaching staff? She has been to several games, and has the family ties. I am not here to discount your sources, at the same point I am skeptical. There is nothing that has surfaced to support this.

It does appear you have a decent contact either the team or All Iowa attack. In either case slightly surprising if the Hawkeyes would be willing to pass on a high level player with connections to Iowa.
I don't think he's saying Iowa is passing on Greenway. It would be that she isn't interested in coming to Iowa.

Reactions: littlez

Over It Eye Roll GIF

If she wrote down her 1st choice today I'd say there's a decent likelihood it won't match who she ultimately signs with.

Just curious, what was the reason given? Was it something along the lines of a couple other visits were simply better or not seeing herself in Iowa’s system etc.?”

I don't think he's saying Iowa is passing on Greenway. It would be that she isn't interested in coming to Iowa.
I find it hard to believe that she all of a sudden isn't interested in coming to Iowa. Especially after seeing her with her family sitting below us at the BIG10 Tournament and the way she was pumped about the Hawkeye women's basketball team.

Thanks for the info. I’m sure those think otherwise because they purportedly know the family or are connected with MN AAU sources will chime in post haste.

Out of curiosity, can you share what intel your source had in the past that turned out to be solid?
For reference sake, IIRC, the poster in question was the first to report after CC’s visit to Notre Dame that she would be committing to Iowa. Seems very connected to AIA.

I have been told that Greenway is NOT coming to Iowa. Was told this a while ago and heard it again a week ago from those watching her at Boo Williams. Again, just what I have been told. My source has been pretty good with past info..
Is your source saying that because she hasn't committed yet? She has two more years of high school left.

She looked pretty pumped at the Ohio State game. Which she drove to the morning after playing in the state tourney. She was rooting for the Hawks in Minny at the Big championship game also. I think she is being deliberate but will pull the trigger for Iowa sooner than later.

Last edited:
I would be majorly disappointed and would be kind of a kick to the gut for Lisa and Iowa....

I think she is certainly a big fan of Iowa. However these elite players now want to start and play as freshman. With Guyton and possibly another top point guard coming. It may not look as good a spot for her. Remember Bluder promised the start to Clark if she came, while Norte Dame would not reportedly

I think she is certainly a big fan of Iowa. However these elite players now want to start and play as freshman. With Guyton and possibly another top point guard coming. It may not look as good a spot for her. Remember Bluder promised the start to Clark if she came, while Norte Dame would not reportedly
If she is good enough to come in and start from day one then she will IMHO, if she isn't then she is going to go to a BIG DAWG team and start right away...lets face it really like Guyton as PG but there are alot better ones out there who will be starting on other teams she is looking at...

It’s very possible that she is an Iowa fan who doesn’t want to go to Iowa. More likely perhaps that she is a Caitlin Clark fan. I know many people who are Iowa fans but went to other schools for a number of reasons

It’s also just possible that she always wanted to go to Iowa but then started visiting schools around the country and realized, damn, there’s a big world out there. UCLA has attracted a lot of talent seemingly only thru strong recruiting and a world-class location. Their coach has done very little with two (!!!) #1 overall recruits. Yet kids are still flocking there bc of the weather, lifestyle, politics, career prospects, educational opportunities, the kids on the team, you name it.

I’m gonna move this discussion to the 2026 thread btw with a semi-interesting update on another recruit who has fallen under the radar a bit for her class…

Back to 2025…Losing greenway would be a gut punch but I think striking out in 2025 would be the bigger letdown. I think we should all lower our expectations with McGaughy and seriously even more so with Skinner. Speiser is still engaging with Iowa content on Twitter (liking final four stuff, Bluder’s birthday post, etc.). I’ve seen less of KSU and even less of ND (which at one point was super concerning) in her Likes recently, which is a welcome development:

Hays is Hays. All signs point to Iowa being in a very good place but she is likely still receiving offers and since she is from so far away, I would guess she is waiting til summer to take more visits. It was a big deal that she came to Iowa during the school year but she can’t do that every weekend as a student. A campus visit requires probably 4 full days.

Do we have thoughts on who else Bluder turns to if she strikes out with the 4 above? She doesn’t need to max out the roster chart. I’ve mentioned this before but Adelaide Jernigan still seems interested in Iowa, again just based on social stuff. She was supposed to visit but weather complicated things. I would guess NC state will go hard for her. And she is a guard which we really do not need. Tho she likely an upgrade from Stremlow and Levin, so maybe we do if it’s going or take them a year or two to get on the floor.

Haven’t heard much from Henderson or Jackson at all lately….anyone else?

Last edited:
Reactions: Torg
Whether you start or come off the bench, there will be plenty of minutes with Iowa's fast paced style. To be a national champ, SC proved you need to go at least 10 deep.

It’s very possible that she is an Iowa fan who doesn’t want to go to Iowa. More likely perhaps that she is a Caitlin Clark fan. I know many people who are Iowa fans but went to other schools for a number of reasons

It’s also just possible that she always wanted to go to Iowa but then started visiting schools around the country and realized, damn, there’s a big world out there. UCLA has attracted a lot of talent seemingly only thru strong recruiting and a world-class location. Their coach has done very little with two (!!!) #1 overall recruits. Yet kids are still flocking there bc of the weather, lifestyle, politics, career prospects, educational opportunities, the kids on the team, you name it.

I’m gonna move this discussion to the 2026 thread btw with an interesting update on another recruit who has fallen under the radar a bit for her class…

Back to 2025…Losing greenway would be a gut punch but I think striking out in 2025 would be the bigger letdown. I think we should all lower our expectations with McGaughy and seriously even more so with Skinner. Speiser is still engaging with Iowa content on Twitter (liking final four stuff, Bluder’s birthday post, etc.). I’ve seen less of KSU and even less of ND (which at one point was super concerning) in her Likes recently, which is a welcome development:

Hays is Hays. All signs point to Iowa being in a very good place but she is likely still receiving offers and since she is from so far away, I would guess she is waiting til summer to take more visits. It was a big deal that she came to Iowa during the school year but she can’t do that every weekend as a student. A campus visit requires probably 4 full days.

Do we have thoughts on who else Bluder turns to if she strikes out with the 3 above? She doesn’t need to max out the roster chart. I’ve mentioned this before but Adelaide Jernigan still seems interested in Iowa, again just based on social stuff. She was supposed to visit but weather complicated things. I would guess NC state will go hard for her. And she is a guard which we really do not need. Tho she likely an upgrade from Stremlow and Levin, so maybe we do if it’s going or take them a year or two to get on the floor.

Haven’t heard much from Henderson or Jackson at all lately….anyone else?
I haven't seen much regarding the 25 class recently. I would think they would be bringing in other prospects fairly soon if they didn't feel they were in good position with at least a few of the players who already visited.

I haven't seen much regarding the 25 class recently. I would think they would be bringing in other prospects fairly soon if they didn't feel they were in good position with at least a few of the players who already visited.
IIRC Guyton committed to Iowa waaay after visiting. We had kind of forgotten about her tbh and assumed there was no interest. So it’s possible if not probable Bluder is in touch with other kids who have visited in the past. The only such target I can think of tbh is Destiny Jackson (who FWIW did comment in a social media post that she had a very special visit).

I remember there was also a kid from Florida…I do not believe she was highly ranked. She was born in IC I believe, and had reportedly been on 2 visits. She may not have been 2025 tho…anyone remember her name?

IIRC Guyton committed to Iowa waaay after visiting. We had kind of forgotten about her tbh and assumed there was no interest. So it’s possible if not probable Bluder is in touch with other kids who have visited in the past. The only such target I can think of tbh is Destiny Jackson (who FWIW did comment in a social media post that she had a very special visit).

I remember there was also a kid from Florida…I do not believe she was highly ranked. She was born in IC I believe, and had reportedly been on 2 visits. She may not have been 2025 tho…anyone remember her name?
Mikayla Paschall (sp?) is the girl from Florida. Hard to say who still has an offer they'd accept a commitment from. Aniya Trent, Bryn Martin, Jaliya Davis who had a huge 1st weekend at Boo Williams but I don't think she's interested, Aubrey Cook as a post if they don't get Hays, Taliyah Henderson, Jernigan. I'm sure there are others I'm missing.

And why?

Calling bullshit on Greenway not coming to Iowa. Tired of the trolls on here. She is all about Iowa at least on here interviews. Not going with gossip.
Calling hawkbuck70 a troll is a bad joke. hawkbuck70 has repeatedly been right, and first, about Iowa commits, i.e. Clark, McCabe and Feurbach’s transfer. Told us Clark was committing on Nov. 7, 2019, before anyone else.

Last edited:
Calling hawkbuck70 a troll is a bad joke. He has repeatedly been right, and first, about Iowa commits, i.e. Clark, McCabe and Feurbach’s transfer. Told us Clark was committing on Nov. 7, 2019, before anyone else.

Yeah, but does Greenway play for Iowa Attack?

Because the "insider" that says Greenway not coming to Iowa allegedly has connections to AIA.

So someone that has connections to AIA cannot have other connections?

Hell I would get it if she decides to play somewhere else. Hard enough to move from high school to college without deciding to go to a college that makes it so you live in a fish bowl.

Calling hawkbuck70 a troll is a bad joke. hawkbuck70 has repeatedly been right, and first, about Iowa commits, i.e. Clark, McCabe and Feurbach’s transfer. Told us Clark was committing on Nov. 7, 2019, before anyone else.
Well he certainly got the desired affect if he wanted everybody on this board to have their hair on fire. Hopefully she becomes a Hawk, I can't help but think about the Bohannon family, the oldest sons did not come to Iowa even though Dad was a Hawk QB

Last edited:
She was in 8th grade and that was 2 years ago.
Here's the original interview for anyone interested. It was 2 years and 8 months ago now.

One thing working in Iowa's favor is that Iowa's profile has risen considerably since then. If Iowa was a dream school and now your dream school is competing for national titles and still wants you, that seems good.

Of course any number of things could've also changed. Maybe she liked another campus and team more on a visit. Maybe she wants to play right away and that's not a guarantee now with Iowa's uptick in recruiting. Maybe she wants to build a legacy for herself at a school other than where her parents went.

https://gopherhole.com/providence-a...r-maddyn-greenway-catches-up-with-gopherhole/

And still hasn't even played her junior year of hs, so any HEARSAY one way or the other is probably inaccurate. Give the girl the grace to grow at a natural pace, explore, and eventually (when ready and the time is right) decide. A lot can happen in the next year, 2 years, 3 years...

Just relax.

The most logical conclusion would be the hawks have cooled on greenway, however, I don't see that as a possibility I think they take Greenway no matter what. However what has changed is the NIL. That may be playing more of a hand in this and maybe a little worried about competition. Even still as stated above his sources seem to be primarily all Iowa attack although I do know gossip can run at the tournaments too, the question is how solid is the source on this one. Year out from making a decision seems pretty far out. Remember Clark had actually committed to Notre Dame before changing her commitment to the hawks. These are teenagers.

Reactions: ObeseMuffins
The most logical conclusion would be the hawks have cooled on greenway, however, I don't see that as a possibility I think they take Greenway no matter what. However what has changed is the NIL. That may be playing more of a hand in this and maybe a little worried about competition. Even still as stated above his sources seem to be primarily all Iowa attack although I do know gossip can run at the tournaments too, the question is how solid is the source on this one. Year out from making a decision seems pretty far out. Remember Clark had actually committed to Notre Dame before changing her commitment to the hawks. These are teenagers.

I do wonder if NIL is a factor at all, given Chad's earnings in the NFL...

Reactions: Torg
The most logical conclusion would be the hawks have cooled on greenway, however, I don't see that as a possibility I think they take Greenway no matter what.
How is that the most logical conclusion? Bluder is not a position to turn down top 25 talent. You said it yourself -- "I don't see that as a possibility" -- so how is that most logical?

How is that the most logical conclusion? Bluder is not a position to turn down top 25 talent. You said it yourself -- "I don't see that as a possibility" -- so how is that most logical?
If the implications are Iowa is no longer an option it would be that Iowa is no longer the option. Maybe they think they are getting too many guards with Deal maybe Speiser or maybe concerns on bringing in an influential father on a much lesser degree than lets say someone like Brian Joens. However, when you have a recruit saying Iowa is effectively her dream school, just like Clark said about Uconn if they come and show the love generally you are going there, unless they are not showing the love. Who knows, but if the info is true, we are questioning the why. The firmest answer as to why not going is there is no longer an offer, the recruit has no recourse in that. If its the recruit changing mind, she can always come back to it like Clark.

• Haha
slightly OT: do offered prospects still receive a formal scholarship offer letter/correspondence?

I hope he is wrong, but worry he is right.
Honestly I am not worried. I think she is a very good player, I think her height will be a bit of hindrance. We are in on plenty of really really good guards and wings right now. Plus I think she is a Hawk all the way he is very mistaken in this case.

Reactions: BGHAWK and Torg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT