ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa WBB 2025 Recruiting Thread

With Candace Parker's retirement, and the Aces waiving Brea Beal, looks like Kate has a good chance to make the squad. The fact that Excel signed her bodes well. In terms of recruiting at a high level, these things matter. Next year, there's a fair chance that both Lucy and Sydney could be drafted, though not likely in the top ten or so. Doubt Kylie will get that kind of attention, unless she really ups her game this year.

Looks like has had 3 or more very solid pieces of information before hand. The difference was the players in question he had info on all had connections or played with AIA. That is not the case here. So his information may be solid it may not be, but it is likely not as concrete as his previous information.

Last thing I'll say about this on this thread (we owe this to HawkBuck -- lest we risk him no longer sharing):

FYI, a review of Hawkbuck's past intel includes the following accurate predictions:

1) Kylie Feuerbach was transfering to Iowa
2) Callie Levin would commit to Iowa
3) Journey Houston would commit to Iowa
4) Sahara Williams was likely to commit to Oklahoma
5) Britt Prince was likely to commit to UNL
6) Megan Meyer would transfer out
7) McCabe would commit to Iowa
8) Clark was going to commit to Notre Dame, then was decommitting and would commit to Iowa
9) Grace Berg would commit to Drake
10) Shateah Wettering would commit to Iowa

They do not claim to be a mover and shaker, but to have an accurate source. The people saying that he "only know things about All Iowa Attack" aren't giving him enough credit. My guess is he hears lots of intel/rumors but only shares what he deems credible. He said he had heard the Greenway intel awhile ago but didn't share it til he heard it AGAIN recently -- from multiple sources. That sounds like due diligence to me, as far as message board rumors go.

It may be that most of it has to do with AIA, but the AAU world is small. If the same source(s) gave him this info, I don't see why all of a sudden it's unlikely to be accurate. I don't see a single piece of intel/prediction that didn't pan out in his post history...

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephen Hawk King
Last thing I'll say about this on this thread (we owe this to HawkBuck -- lest we risk him no longer sharing):
I fully understand that. However look at that list, 90% of the information and the most concrete information is coming from AIA players. Yes you can hear other rumors at tournaments, which he has stated, and that information can be valid or invalid. Yes he could very well be right. He could also very much be wrong. I lean towards 60% 40% he is correct in this case due to his past history, however, this is only a point in time, something could change significantly in the next couple months, and there is a possibility the rumor mill was wrong.

Reactions: ltsimmer
As of just now no post on her X account re: "I had a great visit at Duke". Did she ever get over there?
She did, she posted to her Story about her visits at Duke and UNC (stories disappear within 24 hours). She did them in the same weekend. It's what she did today at Washington as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkod and Torg
Question for all: Has anyone started a thread dedicated to the 2024/2025 season? Seems to me that while we're all waiting for recruiting news, it would be nice to have that format. Questions like how does Lucy fit with Bluder's system, when might Heiden get a starting role, and if so, will Taylor or Kylie get the start at the 2? Will Stremlow be a good PG2, when will Guyton be ready, will Mallegni work into the lineup as Syd's backup, can Hannah develop her offensive repertoire, etc. I'm guessing some of us have some strong inclinations wherein others will question our sanity.

Reactions: Torg
I have been told that Greenway is NOT coming to Iowa. Was told this a while ago and heard it again a week ago from those watching her at Boo Williams. Again, just what I have been told. My source has been pretty good with past info.....
I appreciate your information although I still hold out hope that Maddyn comes to Iowa. My question is: Have you heard any intel regarding any of Iowa’s other ‘25 or ‘26 recruits that you can share?

I appreciate your information although I still hold out hope that Maddyn comes to Iowa. My question is: Have you heard any intel regarding any of Iowa’s other ‘25 or ‘26 recruits that you can share?
thank you for asking what I’ve been afraid to lol….I’d loooooove even a crumb of info on Jordan Speiser more than anyone else (pretty please)….

• Haha
Reactions: HIWILLE and Torg
This board is full of speculators. Nervous/nonsense speculation. Something to talk about. Like the Iowa weather , I will believe it , when I see it.

This board is full of speculators. Nervous/nonsense speculation. Something to talk about. Like the Iowa weather , I will believe it , when I see it.
For sure, as is the point of message boards. A bunch of plebs bitching, speculating and hoping.

Except the one commenter who has provided accurate intel 10/10 times (probably 11/11) 🤷🏽‍♂️

For anyone that follows recruiting in general, top 15 prospect Leah Macy will announce tomorrow. Louisville, Kentucky, someone else?

Reactions: Torg
I fully understand that. However look at that list, 90% of the information and the most concrete information is coming from AIA players. Yes you can hear other rumors at tournaments, which he has stated, and that information can be valid or invalid. Yes he could very well be right. He could also very much be wrong. I lean towards 60% 40% he is correct in this case due to his past history, however, this is only a point in time, something could change significantly in the next couple months, and there is a possibility the rumor mill was wrong.
Congratulations on your 20 year anniversary today as a member of this forum!

I appreciate your contributions.

Here's your crumb.............Iowa remains on the list of acceptable options, but not near the top......so I hear.
Thank you so much! Rough but good to know.

Are we effectively finished with 25 and moving onto 2026 or are there still some solid 25 targets we are in contact with and they are receptive to us?

I know you weren’t asking me but tbh, I wouldnt be surprised at this point. McGaughy plans to announce by June (tho that could change), but we may be in for a snoozy summer….

Last edited:
Are we effectively finished with 25 and moving onto 2026 or are there still some solid 25 targets we are in contact with and they are receptive to us?
Certainly seems like the 3 remaining they brought in for official visits were their primary targets...Hays, Skinner, & McGaughy. If by September they haven't brought any other 25's in, they're likely done with that class IMO. I think it's still a bit early to say they've moved on completely. The top rated 24 just committed a few weeks ago.

Reactions: shikreto
Hmm wonder if this might help us with Speiser…my guess is theyre closer to top of her list.
Hard to say but with their transfers this year & #5 overall in the 24 class Kate Koval, they're likely a pre-season top 5. Will be interesting to see how they integrate everyone.

UConn was the other finalist. Was hoping she'd sign with them since McGaughey has expressed interest with the Huskies.
I’m probably way off but I think Geno slow played McGaughy. Someone on the boneyard was positive he flew to Colfax WA to see her. At the same time multiple UConn armchair experts say she never got an offer. Leads me to think he wanted her to know he was very interested but couldn’t offer her yet.

Might also explain why UConn was listed as one of her finalists. Was the offer contingent on Sarah Strong turning them down? I hope that she sticks to her own schedule and commits before summer, and doesn’t wait around for UConn to come thru. If she doesn’t end up visiting Storrs, I think it’s safe to say she never got an offer.

Hays, McGaughy, & Jernigan invited from the 25 class. Tori Moren is the head coach & ND's Niele Ivey one of the assistants
Divine Bourrage is also Invited from the 2025 Class. The only player from Iowa Invited. She's currently the #4 ranked player in the entire 2025 class and is trending upwards. We have the highest rated recruit in Iowa Girl's High School Basketball History in our own back yard and can't get her interested? Make it make sense. What caused the fallout? What's not to love about a kid that's 6'1" and can play 4 positions on the court? She should have been primary in their recruiting efforts in my opinion. Get around the roadblocks. Not to mention since leaving the AIA Program she has exploded on the map. We need that kid.

Divine Bourrage is also Invited from the 2025 Class. The only player from Iowa Invited. She's currently the #4 ranked player in the entire 2025 class and is trending upwards. We have the highest rated recruit in Iowa Girl's High School Basketball History in our own back yard and can't get her interested? Make it make sense. What caused the fallout? What's not to love about a kid that's 6'1" and can play 4 positions on the court? She should have been primary in their recruiting efforts in my opinion. Get around the roadblocks. Not to mention since leaving the AIA Program she has exploded on the map. We need that kid.
When racist Iowa fans were attacking Angel Reese all over social media, she was on Angel Reese's side (yep, there are consequences, folks). She also retweeted an Ohio State victory tweet after they beat Iowa. Based on other social media activity, I think it's fair to say she was probably cheering for LSU and South Carolina over Iowa in the natties. She's not interested. She clearly wants to be an SEC (or maybe ACC) athlete.

No reason to think Bluder wouldn't want her, she offered and she also landed her best friend and teammate, Journey Houston. Tom Paris knows the family and has occasionally provided updates on her recruiting journey, she was leaning toward Florida at one point. Bourrage's parents also reportedly want her to get out of Iowa and find something bigger and better. Hard to fight all that.

She got a South Carolina offer a couple months ago after a long time during which I wondered if she'd ever get an offer from SC, LSU, ND, Stanford, or UConn (the others may have come since, I'm not sure, I stopped following her when it became clear Iowa wasn't on her radar). There may be an NIL component to her calculus as well, but that's just speculation on my part.

Last edited:
When racist Iowa fans were attacking Angel Reese all over social media, she was on Angel Reese's side (yep, there are consequences, folks). She also retweeted an Ohio State victory tweet after they beat Iowa. Based on other social media activity, I think it's fair to say she was probably cheering for LSU and South Carolina over Iowa in the natties. She's not interested. She clearly wants to be an SEC (or maybe ACC) athlete.

No reason to think Bluder wouldn't want her, she offered and she also landed her best friend and teammate, Journey Houston. Tom Paris knows the family and has occasionally provided updates on her recruiting journey, she was leaning toward Florida at one point. Bourrage's parents also reportedly want her to get out of Iowa and find something bigger and better. Hard to fight against all that.

She got a South Carolina offer a couple months ago after a long time during which I wondering if she'd ever get an offer from SC, LSU, ND, Stanford, or UConn (the others may have come since, I'm not sure, I stopped following her when it became clear Iowa wasn't on her radar). There may be an NIL component to her calculus as well, but that's just speculation on my part.
I can see all of your points to a degree, but not to a definite for sure. I think it goes beyond "she wants to be an SEC or ACC athlete". I'm hearing rumblings that she's entertaining possible destinations that aren't matching your listed forecast above to include a BIG TEN institution. It'll be interesting to see where she takes officials in the coming months. Everyone knows an offer isn't what it used to be. It starts out as a notification that the team thinks you're good enough to play there. It evolves or doesn't evolve from that point on. It would appear that Iowa waited too long to put effort into building a relationship and then tried to warm up on her when the elite skills came to the forefront. By then it was probably too late.

I can see all of your points to a degree, but not to a definite for sure. I think it goes beyond "she wants to be an SEC or ACC athlete". I'm hearing rumblings that she's entertaining possible destinations that aren't matching your listed forecast above to include a BIG TEN institution. It'll be interesting to see where she takes officials in the coming months. Everyone knows an offer isn't what it used to be. It starts out as a notification that the team thinks you're good enough to play there. It evolves or doesn't evolve from that point on. It would appear that Iowa waited too long to put effort into building a relationship and then tried to warm up on her when the elite skills came to the forefront. By then it was probably too late.
Pretty sure they were in on her early. She just didn't like Iowa.

Reactions: Tom Paris and AMAYS
Pretty sure they were in on her early. She just didn't like Iowa.
Yeah I’d imagine they offered Bourrage and Houston at the same time right? Bluder hasn’t rly ever been “picky” (unless she is now) so I find it hard to believe she wouldn’t have wanted Bourrage early on — especially if they wanted her best friend and teammate at that time.

Has Bourrage *ever* even taken a visit to campus? I’ve never heard of one, seen photos of her at a football game or wbb game, etc.

At this point, I don’t see what more Bluder can offer outside six figures. Back to back NC appearances, 5 B1G titles in 6 years, her best friend JH is committed, and she wouldn’t have to single-handedly carry the team either since Bluder has also signed another Top 10 kid in her class (whom DB is also friends with btw).

My guess is if the team had a few more black kids it *might* be a different story but that won’t change before DB gets on campus.

I’m hearing rumblings that she's entertaining possible destinations that aren't matching your listed forecast above to include a BIG TEN institution.

Why not share with the class? Wouldn’t be shocked to see her end up at USC or UCLA — both super trendy atm, though they have untested/overall middling coaches (elite kids are flocking to them anyway of course). If she wants to go to MD or OSU, good luck to her lmao.

I’ve heard people mention Illinois as well, now that you mention it, which would actually be kind of cool, though their coach also has yet to prove she can do much with talent (I hope she can tbh, as she is a great coach to watch as a potential successor to Bluder). Her move to Example Academy would be in line with that. It seemed DB was waiting for elite offers but that could certainly just be for clout. Anywhere else would be shocking but not as shocking as Iowa.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlez and Torg
Reactions: Torg and shikreto
Is that important as relates to DB? She’s mad about being second?
Not to me, but someone else asked. Seems like the start of your freshman year is pretty early to get an offer and/or have had literally years to get over it if was a slight.
I'd love to have her in Iowa City, but it definitely looks as though it's not happening for whatever reason. She may find out that the grass isn't always greener, and in this environment, players do get second chances.

Not sure what the actual facts are here but DB’s apparent disinterest in the Hawks is beginning,from an outside viewpoint, to almost seem personal. Like something happened that specifically turned her away from looking at Iowa. Just my idle speculation here, no knowledge on it from my end.

Yeah I’d imagine they offered Bourrage and Houston at the same time right? Bluder hasn’t rly ever been “picky” (unless she is now) so I find it hard to believe she wouldn’t have wanted Bourrage early on — especially if they wanted her best friend and teammate at that time.

Has Bourrage *ever* even taken a visit to campus? I’ve never heard of one, seen photos of her at a football game or wbb game, etc.

At this point, I don’t see what more Bluder can offer outside six figures. Back to back NC appearances, 5 B1G titles in 6 years, her best friend JH is committed, and she wouldn’t have to single-handedly carry the team either since Bluder has also signed another Top 10 kid in her class (whom DB is also friends with btw).

My guess is if the team had a few more black kids it *might* be a different story but that won’t change before DB gets on campus.

Why not share with the class? Wouldn’t be shocked to see her end up at USC or UCLA — both super trendy atm, though they have untested/overall middling coaches (elite kids are flocking to them anyway of course). If she wants to go to MD or OSU, good luck to her lmao.

I’ve heard people mention Illinois as well, now that you mention it, which would actually be kind of cool, though their coach also has yet to prove she can do much with talent (I hope she can tbh, as she is a great coach to watch as a potential successor to Bluder). Her move to Example Academy would be in line with that. It seemed DB was waiting for elite offers but that could certainly just be for clout. Anywhere else would be shocking but not as shocking as Iowa.
What I heard yesterday kind of blew me away. Don’t know if I want to believe it or not, it may not even be a division one school. I haven’t researched the school yet but I’ll believe that when I see it. Don’t know if Tom Paris has heard this rumor himself or not. to be honest, don’t care if we ever land her even if we had a chance.

Not sure what the actual facts are here but DB’s apparent disinterest in the Hawks is beginning,from an outside viewpoint, to almost seem personal. Like something happened that specifically turned her away from looking at Iowa. Just my idle speculation here, no knowledge on it from my end.
Angel Reese IMO. May not have started it, but I bet it ended it.

• Haha
Reactions: littlez and DewHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT