ADVERTISEMENT

******Michigan vs Iowa Game Thread******

The bad thing is I don't think anything will change as a result of this. The coaches badly need to feel a sense of urgency to upgrade talent on the O by hitting the transfer portal and JUCOs hard, but I don't believe that they will.

Reactions: amahawk
MVP

762_h.jpg

Reactions: Pete in LA
Worse than I expected, but Harbaugh poured it on to score some style points and I guess because KF has
had some success in past vs Michigan.

Now that we got the beatdown, I would not have minded if Minnesota had gotten to Indy instead. They would have done better than this anyway.
Seriously, if Harbaugh poured it on they would have scored 60 or 70 easy. C'mon man.

Wow, that was pretty bad. Actually thought it would be way closer than that. Love this team but that was brutal.

10-3 is a good year for Iowa

How we got there wasn't.

We'd have all taken that record last August.

Nope. Many coaches actually speak their mind and express genuine disappointment. Not Kirk.
BF is more the type to say what hes thinking and that is not working for him either.

Is KF a good coach because he over achieved and had a soft schedule or is he a bad coach because he keeps putting out offenses that are ninet to 120 in rank. If defense and special teams wasn;t solid, the team would suck.

Reactions: punk1980
Is now the wrong time to gripe about Iowa's MAC level recruits playing to that level?
Yeah, we have the 6th most players in the NFL because of our recruits. Lol
Kirk can develop players, he's one of the worst offensive coaches in D1.
Problem is Kirk needs to hire an elite O coordinator and let them do their job and step back.

Iowa flat out got outplayed today. Then, the Iowa defense gave up and let them score 21 more points in the fourth quarter. That was embarrassing more from seeing the quit in this team. That has not happened all year, it happened today.

Maybe we should just play in the Outback every year, and avoid getting humiliated on a national stage. Disgusting
That's been our level for about 5 years out of every 6. Maybe the coaches know what they're doing after all, avoiding embarrassment like this.

Iowa flat out got outplayed today. Then, the Iowa defense gave up and let them score 21 more points in the fourth quarter. That was embarrassing more from seeing the quit in this team. That has not happened all year, it happened today.
They were dead, our D is legit. They can't play the whole fing game and be on the field the whole time.
Sick of this argument. We can't put them on the field the whole game because our offense can't give them a damn breather.

yes I agree, but hiring BF has in offensive coordinator is just Like Fran playing his boy when he can't shoot. It is Iowa nepotism because these coaches know there are no consequences at Iowa.

KF needs to get completely out of the Offense and offensive line. Whatever his instincts were at OL, the no
longer work. He hasn't put up good OLs that can both pass block and run block for long time.
What consequences do you have in mind for Kirk? Just won the Division and made the Title game and what, you fire him because some fans don't like the way Kirk's OC calls the games?

Does that sound like conversation that occurs at Iowa, or about 125 other schools? Indeed, how did that very move work out for Nebraska?

I don't entirely disagree about Connor's PT. Given the ability to have both Ahron and Jordan play reserve point guard while bringing other skills to the floor as well, and the superior play of both Kris M and Tony.

BF is more the type to say what hes thinking and that is not working for him either.

Is KF a good coach because he over achieved and had a soft schedule or is he a bad coach because he keeps putting out offenses that are ninet to 120 in rank. If defense and special teams wasn;t solid, the team would suck.
Kirk needs to stay out of the offense. Hire an elite O coordinator and let them do their job. He can't give up the control.
It's old school business philosophy.

Reactions: MVPFAN
They were dead, our D is legit. They can't play the whole fing game and be on the field the whole time.
Sick of this argument. We can't put them on the field the whole game because our offense can't give them a damn breather.
some truth to this. Michigan had the ball for ten minutes in Q4. Iowa’s offense was lifeless.

well, maybe barta will grow a pair and finally tell kf not to interfere and get rid of bf after being embarrassed. I have a better chance of winning the lottery then that happening.

well, maybe barta will grow a pair and finally tell kf not to interfere and get rid of bf after being embarrassed. I have a better chance of winning the lottery then that happening.
Barta and Kirk need to have a sit down next week and discuss Brian’s future - the lack of production needs to be formally and deliberately addressed.

Brian is not helping this program.

Imagine how good Iowa could be if they tried developing Power 5 level recruits
They do, just not a recruiting hotbed. Ferentz is a clown at O.
That's the bottom line, there are 5 D1AA qbs better than Iowas, probably more.
It's mind boggling how bad he is at O coaching.

Reactions: CarterHall
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT