ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands Session 1 Thread

Bowman should not have chosen down in then third! He had just gotten over a minute riding time and should have chosen neutral. A takedown would have won it for him and I get the IOWA mentality but that falls a little on whom ever was in his corner!!!

BULL needs to FINISH his shots!

Lugo looks much better so far.

Young is ROLLING and seems to get better ever match.

Warner, not sure what is going on with him? Some have pointed out comparisons to others who always seemed not to Wrestle to their potential. Right now that is how I see it/ He is better then he is Wrestling right now.

Stoll is a mess and I hope he can correct it by seasons end. I hate to say it but he is not close to #1 right now.

Desanto is in another gear if that is possible!?!?! Need to see him against someone better.

Marin looks very solid!

Only saw one of Turks matches and he looked good

Cash Wrestling the same and obviously it would be better for him to build a little lead instead of keeping it so darn close all the time,

Reactions: Grip220
If I remember correctly, Stoll’s match against Gunning last year in Carver went to OT. Was a pretty heated match as well.

Reactions: buudhawk
looks like Cass has been rolling around with DeSanto in the room..............Nice........:cool::D:cool:

Bowman should not have chosen down in then third! He had just gotten over a minute riding time and should have chosen neutral. A takedown would have won it for him and I get the IOWA mentality but that falls a little on whom ever was in his corner!!!

BULL needs to FINISH his shots!

Lugo looks much better so far.

Young is ROLLING and seems to get better ever match.

Warner, not sure what is going on with him? Some have pointed out comparisons to others who always seemed not to Wrestle to their potential. Right now that is how I see it/ He is better then he is Wrestling right now.

Stoll is a mess and I hope he can correct it by seasons end. I hate to say it but he is not close to #1 right now.

Desanto is in another gear if that is possible!?!?! Need to see him against someone better.

Marin looks very solid!

Only saw one of Turks matches and he looked good

Cash Wrestling the same and obviously it would be better for him to build a little lead instead of keeping it so darn close all the time,
He didn’t choose down. His opponent chose top

Parents will always get heated in matches we have all seen it many times.But Brands shouldn't be saying that to a kid to tell his dad to meet him in the parking lot.

Parents will always get heated in matches we have all seen it many times.But Brands shouldn't be saying that to a kid to tell his dad to meet him in the parking lot.

That's just Brands. As an outsider to Iowa , I love that about him. He always goes to bat for his guys. If it were my kid , that's what I want his coach to do. I also know that he most certainly would have went out there.

Parents shouldn't be yelling at their kids opponents. Particularly suggesting that it would have been better if they accidentally killed themselves. It's basic self control. If you can't handle it then don't watch in public.

anyone have a link to the midlands brackets/dashboard? Flo just told me they had to pull them from Arena. So dont close your window if you have

It was Gunning's dad. After Gunning got his last stalling call, the dad yelled THAT'S BS! Then lost it and started yelling at Stoll that he should have shot himself in the face instead of the knee, and more expletives. He had to be removed. Brands was irate. After the match Brands yelled at Gunning to go find his dad and meet him in the parking lot.

All these years, I've likened the Hawkeyes to the Cobra Kai. Who woulda ever thunk of Brands as Miyagi, and Stoll as Daniel-son?

Gunning's dad as Kreese.

giphy.gif

Lame ass old material. That’s two in row, funny guy. Idiot. Brands called him out, what a douche. Yeah.

GableEdge or whatever is the bridge dude you simple ****.

You are the dumb**** calling people put on a message board. Let your kid wrestle & stop making it ALL ABOUT YOU!

All day I've been watching on FLO, switching from mat to mat, but now they are showing all four mats (small version of each, so can't see much) and some anonymous guy jabbering away - VERY ANNOYING!! Anyone know how I can watch only one mat?

EDIT: Forget it - after missing all the 125 and 133 matches, I finally figured it out - when I logged into FLO, they automatically put me into something called FloZone, which didn't happen during session 1, so I didn't know how to get out of it. Another instance of how much I hate Flo!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: pointingdogsrule

The guy told Stoll he should have killed himself, and then told Stoll he is going to "beat his ass." Brands wasn't amused.

Maybe he was telling the kid if he wanted to speak to the old man he's tossed and in the parking lot? That is one possibility people.

Maybe he was telling the kid if he wanted to speak to the old man he's tossed and in the parking lot? That is one possibility people.

Nah. Terry was going to deliver a beating. Like the terrible track volunteer said on the open mic, "Brands would hit that guy 70 times before he knew he was in a fight."

Reactions: 24 so far
Yep what's THEVDAD? Must be beers kicking in ?

I don't drink (6 years sober. Wasn't an alcoholic... lost my job, tightened the waist and said no more literally pissing away money buying alcohol... after 4 months, got a job, had some drinks, got hungover, never had another).

Not gonna lie... It was dabs tho =)

I don't drink (6 years sober. Wasn't an alcoholic... lost my job, tightened the waist and said no more literally pissing away money buying alcohol... after 4 months, got a job, had some drinks, got hungover, never had another).

Not gonna lie... It was dabs tho =)
Sorry But I get itl Like Frank said.....

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
Warner's issues are all between the ears. I'm not sure I've every seen anything like it in wrestling at this level. He just falls apart.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT