ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Session 4 Thread

Mikey was gassed after the first
I'm actually hoping this is the explanation, but it felt to me that MC just lost his confidence or mental toughness after a couple minutes. Of course, MM's onslaught can do that to a guy, but MC can't let that happen. MC gets a little more gas or confidence, the sky is the limit.

I think he also really appreciates the way Caliendo wrestles him.
Absolutely. In all honesty Cali’s best chance to beat MM is to catch him off a counter. But Cali isn’t built that way. That attitude might cost him the chance to win a national title but I’d rather a wrestler be like that, cuz it’s hard to coach a guy that’s the opposite. There is still a lot of upside in Caliendo and it’s precisely because he wants to be aggressive and offensive.

Why do opponents always turn into the stong hand chop side when they are being ridden by psu guys. Its constant. It usually leads to an easy early breakdown. Then psu traps the ankle and you’re a minute plus in before you sniff an escape.

Reactions: TNTwrestle
Absolutely. In all honesty Cali’s best chance to beat MM is to catch him off a counter. But Cali isn’t built that way. That attitude might cost him the chance to win a national title but I’d rather a wrestler be like that, cuz it’s hard to coach a guy that’s the opposite. There is still a lot of upside in Caliendo and it’s precisely because he wants to be aggressive and offensive.
Agree, he still has a lot of upside potential. If MM does go down to 57 and KOT up to 74, he might be the favorite at 65 next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT