ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands Session 3 Thread

Does the Cass train hype stop yet?

Not at all. Despite the losses, I am encouraged by his wrestling. He is a go-er and is always trying to attack and score. He can be sloppy at times still because this is really the first time he's been challenged in a long time, but his constant movement and attacking bodes well for his future. He just needs to clean it up a little bit, which will happen naturally

Yip .Lol
Lots of potential , just needs a lot of work on technique, he's used to just overpowering people and at this level he's running into people that are just as strong or stronger than him.
Like I've said before I love his tenacity, just needs to real it in. Hit the weights this year and focus on position and when to hit the Big move. Midlands taught Cass some good things this weekend

Yip .Lol
Lots of potential , just needs a lot of work on technique, he's used to just overpowering people and at this level he's running into people that are just as strong or stronger than him.
He's also decked a lot of people that are his size. Last thing I want to happen to Big Cass is to stop trying to wreck people. We've got plenty of the "others". Let it fly and see what happens (got 4.5 years to get better at it).

Glynn down 2-1 end of first. Has RT against him. Kline from ASU, Glynn beat him in SV earlier this tourney

Kline starts 2nd on bottom, escapes. Kline gets a TD with a cradle to the back for 4NF, then rides out. Glynn down 9-1 with 1:42 RT against him going into 3rd

Glynn chooses neutral. Glynn gets a TD, cuts him, but can't get anything else. Glynn loses 11-3

For Goodness sake guys. Let the boys go after it. If Cass keeps letting it fly, he will learn to let it fly with technique and poise. He will learn to fly to the south or the north , up or down when and how it is needed. You cannot be cautious and let it fly successfully when you need it. Spencer reels it in in the 2nd and 3rd and people have a meltdown. You either have a let it fly attitude or you do not. A real cautious wrestler cannot be made to let it fly and a let it fly guy cannot be made to be cautious and reach their potential.
Didn't Bo Nickal let it fly in the finals one year against Martin and get pinned? Then last year he didi it again and pinned Martin to secure a team title for his team. Take the good with the bad. If you want recruiting to improve, you need guys who let it fly and bring excitement to the matches. More of the flying Cass circus is a good thing. IMHO

How many matches has Glosser won this weekend? Lost in pigtail & hasn’t lost since. 7 matches won?
You gotta like his heart. I don't want to see him leave, but I kind of would like to see what he could do as a starter. I don't think he ever makes the lineup at Iowa. Isn't he a junior?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT