ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzou Next Year

stormnbc

Rookie
Sep 4, 2011
Big Mizzou fan here; people are saying they are out of the race next year..

Below I'm presenting my "dream lineup"

125- Barlow McGhee ('14 Starter)
133- Zach Synon (NQ)/Jaydin Clayton
141- Lavion Mayes (AA)
149- Grant Leeth (Promising transfer. Coming back to his home state)
157- Joey Lavallee (NQ)
165- Daniel Lewis (Beat Logan Massa)
174- Blaise Butler (NQ, 2015 3 seed)
184- Michael Pixley (2nd NAIA as true frosh, Illini Commit but didn't pass clearinghouse)
197- Willie Miklus (AA)
285- J'den Cox (NC/AA)

Now I think THIS team could compete for it all again next year

I don't think so but its cool to see two Blue Springs boys in the lineup...didn't know you guys got Pixley. I really think Lewis will be a stud...he beat Massa in freestyle and barely lost to JJ Chavez...Lewis's strength is on top and he has gotten better on his feet. He has Ed Ruth like reach so he will be interesting to watch. Just goes to show that Mizzou youth and high school program is stepping it up with all of those Missouri kids in the lineup.

They don't have Pixley. That has been rumored along with Iowa State. Not sure anybody knows on him for sure yet.

buf87- Mizzou has Pixley, trust me. Something would have to go wrong because as of right now, Mizzou has him (as someone close to the program)

I heard he needed to make grades before being eligible for D1 school. Not saying he didn't get that done

Big Mizzou fan here; people are saying they are out of the race next year..

Below I'm presenting my "dream lineup"

125- Barlow McGhee ('14 Starter)...20+ wins and he beat no one
133- Zach Synon (NQ)/Jaydin Clayton...yeah Synon was the opposite of intimidating
141- Lavion Mayes (AA)..okay he is good, weight clears out, will be solid if he has weight under control
149- Grant Leeth (Promising transfer. Coming back to his home state)...didn't see any AA caliber wins
157- Joey Lavallee (NQ) .. solid, but still needs to take the next step
165- Daniel Lewis (Beat Logan Massa).. since when is beating a non-AA a highlight?
174- Blaise Butler (NQ, 2015 3 seed) ... He is solid, who knows at this weight
184- Michael Pixley (2nd NAIA as true frosh, Illini Commit but didn't pass clearinghouse)... He really was great at NAIA, but it was NAIA
197- Willie Miklus (AA) .. I like Miklus, but he was an AA at a lower weight, still not sure what he would do against bigger boys, but would I bet the farm on a repeat? Eh
285- J'den Cox (NC/AA) ... Solid, but honestly, it's not like Gwiaz will be a cake walk, at least at 197 he has a shot to be #1, here I don't know if I see it.

Now I think THIS team could compete for it all again next year

Seems like you wanted best case so I went opposite. This could be a real unflashy team that loses a the hype last year's team built.

I hate saying this cuz I want Mizzou to finish 2nd every year but that lineup won't have enough if you ask me.
125 and 133 are really unproven to say the least.
I respect Pixley's accomplishments and couldn't hold his jock but I don't think his "game" transfers to D1 and question if he will be able to stay in the lineup right now, I hope he proves me wrong.
I also wonder if Mayes can hold 141, I think he struggled this year.
I hope Lewis continues to improve b/c he has the ability to be a stud.
Are we sure Cox is going heavy?
I wish them well and think they have a great coaching staff, just don't think they will pose a real threat this coming year.

Agreed 5th at best. Way too many questions and underachievers at nationals annually. Perhaps a reflection of their Head Coach.

I thought Cox was going to either wrestle 197 or redshirt and then go up to heavy (using the redshirt year to put on weight while hitting the open circuit). I have heard it several times that J'den will not jump up to heavyweight without using his redshirt. However, if their staff truly believes they are in the National Title hunt then that all goes out the window. I think the Mizz coaching staff is smarter than that though.

Their whole team and coaching staff were acting like idiots. Miklus was one of the biggest douche bags on the team.

Meh. Maybe a raised eyebrow but hardly worth getting that worked up about. It was a pretty exciting moment for them. Glass houses and all. Honestly, our coaches and team have their fair share of eyebrow raising moments. As do several other teams. It's one thing to be completely disrespectful, but it's another to just show some passion and emotional release. I feel like the latter is too often confused with being disrespectful.

the iowa crowds sometime invite this behavior,its all part of the back and forth.gadson standing over our back up 97lber was worse than anything Missouri did and I have always pulled for kyven before that.

When you've been as good as Iowa is for an extended period of time, you definitely entice a little extra emotion from the opposition, especially in CHA. No big deal, imo As of now, Missouri is a "flash in the pan". When I see them contend for at least a decade, then they become a contender.

Now that Iowa State got Downey, there is no interest anymore in Pixley. I was told he was not eligible to get into Iowa State also. Iowa State was prepared to offer him a decent scholarship if he got eligible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT