ADVERTISEMENT

******NCAA Championship Session 1a Thread*******

Limits the number of people in the arena at the same time. First five weight classes all leave the arena now and the next five come in
Yes, but what does that do? All these people are still in contact with each other

Yes, but what does that do? All these people are still in contact with each other

How about we try not to turn this thread into another Covid thread where we all argue about the effectiveness of such measures. I'm annoyed by the break too but it is what it is, if this is what we have to put up with to make sure the tournament gets ran, that's more than ok with me

How about we try not to turn this thread into another Covid thread where we all argue about the effectiveness of such measures. I'm annoyed by the break too but it is what it is, if this is what we have to put up with to make sure the tournament gets ran, that's more than ok with me
agreed

and next year things should be back to normal

what a freakin year

Other than Murin and the new brace on Lee, liked what I saw. Told y'all it was Lee's "good" knee. The big brace was on it today.. Sorry if this was covered, I haven't read the thread, been watching on my four TVs.

Reactions: AFHawk86
Early thoughts-
1- Someone needs to let ISU know the tourney has started
2- Max has officially put up more team points than he did at B1G
3- Hats off to Stanford competing with solid black singlets completely stripped of all Stanford logos. Maybe they have all year and this is the first time I have noticed. Either way, hats off to them.

It was nice to see the Austin we saw during the season and not at the Big Ten's. Even though his hand is still wrapped it looks like he is doing better with it and that it is possibly feeling a little better too. Very good sign!

However, what the heck is up with Max? Did he have Covid and is not fully recovered?

Reactions: MatBrat
Anyone having issues with apps should logout of the app, delete, download again and log back in.

Also, @Mendoza77...love you buddy but you’re not good at this. Scout this out and test ahead of time vs waiting until the session starts then wrecking a thread with posts. The online setup is the same as it has been for years. Well, except they have added a view that shows all 8 mats at once which you don’t seem to be aware of.

Other than Murin and the new brace on Lee, liked what I saw. Told y'all it was Lee's "good" knee. The big brace was on it today.. Sorry if this was covered, I haven't read the thread, been watching on my four TVs.

what is your point here? He’s worn the same brace all year, he wore a sleeve on the other knee. Guys do get banged and bruised throughout the season doesn’t mean he blew his knee out, JC

Reactions: HawkeyeInKC
A new problem. I'm opening up windows for each of the 8 mats, as I've done in years past, but after 4 windows/mats, I get the message that I've reached the maximum number of streams (apparently 4). So I'm only allowed to watch 4 mats?? Is anyone able to open windows for all 8 mats?
Watch in multiview so you can see everything when Hawks aren’t wrestling, and open up two other windows so you can switch to as necessary to watch two Hawks wrestling at the same time.

Reactions: just_somebody
How long is the break?
tenor.gif

Max didn't look right to me, seemed to be laboring. Injured? Covid?
I think the reality at 149 is that anyone between #5 and #28 can beat each other on any given day. (Not dissimilar to 125.) Witness #28 Yayah Thomas over #8 Abbas, #5 Lovett in a squeaker over #28 Omania, and #12 Murin in a squeaker over #21 Rooks. Now we just need to see #12 Murin over #5 Lovett.

what is your point here? He’s worn the same brace all year, he wore a sleeve on the other knee. Guys do get banged and bruised throughout the season doesn’t mean he blew his knee out, JC

It's not good Chips.

The way Desanto looked, he has to be back in the discussion for Saturday night.

He has the potential to overwhelm anyone with his aggression. Phillippi will be a good test. If he’s able to get to his ties and execute them effectively I think his ceiling is national champion this year. He’s off to a great start.

Reactions: OldestandGreatest
I agree, the difference in the first match was the throw.
Murin can take him down all day but he has to defend. All of the sudden his defense is mia? Trying to funk around instead of just square up and defend. He is better than he is showing right now. Feel like his confidence was left in Pennsylvania prior to the Lovett match.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT