ADVERTISEMENT

*************NCAA Wrestling Championships Session 3*************

It only took 14 minutes of solid wrestling for Young to make up for the headgear toss. Sheesh!

Wrestlers and coaches need to make sure that never happens. A point the coaches got hosed us in the team standings a few years ago.

Ironside thoughts on events today:

Loved the "bing bang boom" to start the day. Not a bad round. Really bummed about Max Murin. Admits being greedy.

Iowa looking really, really good chasing the team title, thanks to PSU losing 3 wrestlers today.

Wishes they had a radio show where listeners could call in today.

Iowa still has Marinelli, Kemmerer and Cassioppi, all of whom he is confident will win. Not counting out Warner either but Ferrari is a tough match up.

Shocked how poorly ISU has performed in the tournament.

Still a lot of wrestling left to do.

Kaleb Young up next, but still have some wait time before it happens.

While we're waiting, I'd like the readers of my transcripts to chime in with where you are located today. It's been a tradition of mine over the years, which I will share with Grace and Ironside when this is all over.
Des Moines. I am able to watch/listen to most of the matches but I had to take my wife to a dr appointment (9 months pregnant and could be any day now) and it is nice to have a transcript to read when out of house

Reactions: hmshawk12 and foxb
Kaleb chooses down to start 3rd.

Tries to roll thru and gets reversal with it.

Leads 4-0 and Willets is flattened out again.

Looking for a half nelson.

Claw ride and deep waist in.

Trying to lever the triceps on left side. Willets tripods.

Deep waist left side and claw around chin.

Willets escapes with :15 left and comes hard at KY.

Kaleb wins 5-1 and moves on to the blood round tonight against Wright of Wyoming for an All American chance.

That's all for the morning session.

Back at 2PM.

Please let me know where you are today as you follow my transcriptions of the KXIC call of Grace and Ironside.
Stewartville MN

Between RBH and Vall... we really have the two best PBP guys for us guys that can't be there in person.

True. ^^ Thanks guys for the PBP, I am trying to listen to some on the radio, watch some on-line, etc, but am having trouble doing so consistently due to work. I know that I can always come here and get a good rundown of the matches though and I appreciate it. Go Hawks, looking better and better for the good guys.

Also...reading along from right here in Iowa City, IA. Thanks for the dedication!

Reactions: MitchLL and sambud

Kaleb wins 5-1 and moves on to the blood round tonight against Wright of Wyoming for an All American chance.

Back at 2PM.

Please let me know where you are today as you follow my transcriptions of the KXIC call of Grace and Ironside.

Maui - thanks Vallhol and Redbird

• Wow
Reactions: redbirdhawk

Back at 2PM.

Cedar Rapids. Boring, I know.

• Haha
Reactions: redbirdhawk
I appreciate that the majority of the board is gracious to wrestlers who get injured. I'm not troubled by the guy who expressed a contrary opinion and stood by it. It's not punishable by death.

Ditto for Murin. Shit happens. This is NCAAs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT