ADVERTISEMENT

New OC

You bigot.
Thats Racist GIF

Tim Lester being reported.

Way to go, Patty Cake Kirk.

Why would he want to come to Iowa when Troy wanted him….lol
Troy has a very good chance of beating Iowa in September, and this probably increased their chances, much like Tulane's program has thrived since they were lucky to dodge a bullet when KF ripped Barnett away from them.

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
Ferentz appears to have found his "yes man" to ensure Iowa offense and new OC do not exceed his boy. Ferentz needs to go if this is the best, he can do IMO.
If KF seriously chose Lester over Johns, then BG should fire both of them immediately after the introductory news conference. My guess is that Johns told KF "no dice" to his terms of obedience.

If anyone is optomistic about
If KF seriously chose Lester over Johns, then BG should fire both of them immediately after the introductory news conference. My guess is that Johns told KF "no dice" to his terms of obedience.
Ouch, but agree. Expect the same next fall. With new schedule 8-4 tops.

If it is Lester doesn't Beth the AD have to sign off on it before Kirk can hire him?
If it's ok with her, shouldn't we all be ok with it?

Beth said something like she was happy with the process.......wonder if she is going to be happy with this?

If this is what he comes up with after 3 months, that is pretty pathetic and just shows it is "My way or the highway" mentality.

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
How can you hold a press conference and say this is the most qualified coach for the OC position? I hope the media has some balls and goes after KF. He just needs to retire at this point in his career.

His final year at WMU - "the Broncos finished the season 124th in total offense and 119th in scoring offense. They were held under 20 points eight times, including in three wins."
Guess he'll fit right in.

1) I’ve done a little more looking into Tim Lester than cherry picking one season where he wasn’t even the OC. Other seasons at WMU, he had good offenses. But like I said, he wasn’t the OC. The OC that put together those good offenses left WMU and that is what was seen in his final year.

2) Brian Ferentz has more big boy college football OC experience than Lester. Lester had about a year and a half as OC at Syracuse. 2014 was as bad of an offense as Iowa’s this year but he was only the OC the second half of the year and can’t really blame him for that offense. 2015 was a much better offense but it wasn’t great by any means. They couldn’t pass the ball.

With all this said, this isn’t a great hire. This isn’t even a good hire. I’m all for second chances, but c’mon. The 2nd chance should be taking place at Troy, not Iowa.

I’m still going to remain hopeful and hopefully I am wrong. But if it goes the way I think it’s going to go, KF will be done at Iowa and his legacy cemented. Everything he has worked for his entire life down the drain. He won’t have the exit Hayden had and won’t be remembered as fondly.

1) I’ve done a little more looking into Tim Lester than cherry picking one season where he wasn’t even the OC. Other seasons at WMU, he had good offenses. But like I said, he wasn’t the OC. The OC that put together those good offenses left WMU and that is what was seen in his final year.

2) Brian Ferentz has more big boy college football OC experience than Lester. Lester had about a year and a half as OC at Syracuse. 2014 was as bad of an offense as Iowa’s this year but he was only the OC the second half of the year and can’t really blame him for that offense. 2015 was a much better offense but it wasn’t great by any means. They couldn’t pass the ball.

With all this said, this isn’t a great hire. This isn’t even a good hire. I’m all for second chances, but c’mon. The 2nd chance should be taking place at Troy, not Iowa.

I’m still going to remain hopeful and hopefully I am wrong. But if it goes the way I think it’s going to go, KF will be done at Iowa and his legacy cemented. Everything he has worked for his entire life down the drain. He won’t have the exit Hayden had and won’t be remembered as fondly.
already there IMO

How can you hold a press conference and say this is the most qualified coach for the OC position? I hope the media has some balls and goes after KF. He just needs to retire at this point in his career.
How can he? Easy, exactly like he did 7 years ago.

already there IMO
He could have saved it with a good hire. A good hire would have required him to adapt.

I honestly feel like KF has been told thanks but no thanks a few times. I don’t know 100% but there is enough writing on the wall that would suggest that could be the case.

How can he? Easy, exactly like he did 7 years ago.
This hire was the worst scenario I could think of. Absolute BS hire!! This hire took place for one reason and that was to show us that BF wasn't so bad. Kirk just showed us we can all get F'%#k@D!!!

Probably true, but we have to suffer as fans until he does.

That’s ok for someone with a long term mind. It’s a short term pain, for a long term gain.

Hopefully that’s what she thinks if this is the case.

This hire was the worst scenario I could think of. Absolute BS hire!! This hire took place for one reason and that was to show us that BF wasn't so bad. Kirk just showed us we can all get F'%#k@D!!!
I had a bad feeling Kirk might do something to try and make Brian look better. Brian did so poorly, this is the best we could do.

That’s ok for someone with a long term mind. It’s a short term pain, for a long term gain.

Hopefully that’s what she thinks if this is the case.
agreed, but it has been long-term pain IMO already. I just hope I live long enough to experience new football and BBall (men) leadership at Iowa.

If our media had balls they would not show up and patronize this hire. But..how realistic is that? They are part of the problem with their softball questions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT