ADVERTISEMENT

*****OFFICIAL IOWA vs. Wisconsin Game Thread*****

And people piss and moan because Iowa won’t schedule “better” power 5 teams than ISU. Not going to get 7-8 wins doing that.

Meh. Wisconsin is a decent team and Iowa stayed with them.
Minnesota won solidly today.
Fortunately the game will be in Kinnick.

Iowa is going to lose 3 games by 7, 5 and 2 points, all to ranked teams. The sky is not falling. 2 of those losses were on the road. I know it sucks right now, but these are not bad teams we are losing to.

We still have a shot at upsetting MN who will be a top 15 team. Beat IL and NE and there is no reason why all of us here shouldn’t find that acceptable.

Imagine Wisconsin saying the only loss to Iowa this decade was by 4 points so really it’s not a competition.

The d couldn't hold it. They are Iowa's strength. Game, set, match.
The D got gashed by the run all second half. You have to try to get the ball back. Worst case scenario, the other team gets the ball and you still need a stop

Reactions: BBHawk
Meh. Wisconsin is a decent team and Iowa stayed with them.
Minnesota won solidly today.
Fortunately the game will be in Kinnick.

Not overly impressed with Wisconsin. If our offense could play more than one quarter a freaking game

I think we can put away the top ten defense talk. The Offense......well.....what can you say. Playing against soft coverage they look good. Otherwise, yuck....

I disagree. When Iowa decides to open it up which is what they did when they got behind 15, they can play offense. Unfortunately Iowa has a coaching staff that doesn't like doing that.
They gave him good protection on that play. They also only brought 3 guys on the rush. Everyone knows all you have to do is stop the run and then bring late pressure and you can stop the Hawks. I think those scores are a result of soft coverage.

The right move was to kick it deep with two timeouts. Otherwise your offense has to go 50 yards.

If Iowa got a three-and-out, they probably would get the ball around their own 30. They would still have had to go 40 yards to get in FG range.
It was a no-win situation. I don't remember Iowa recovering an onside kick. But they weren't getring a three-and-out either.

Why was Illinois able to stop Taylor but Iowa couldn’t
You suck at trolling.
tM3EgZS-hh7Eu0Y-Kdag58cyEupH0xxCZgLgnKYpR6dcQJ9Wy7T7QKLbM7FIMV4pcaWW0sktDB0MZnvNZTim0zgHTKcum6PyG8UiW5LXicUlVlOkC3qRThB4xCSxyU3ICtlBk4BBGfBlH-AVH-hq3q-vOKum8AmCL_TzwekPavubJlMWI5Py1-SPcIYO3cEiez0gJ-YQE0EaT-SvxkxqxurcdvfNLfQmA5YOa7vaiXAq-XHG0XCmjfyKKRgVfdPHkKZsLn0EOrVdxBhusOpRA_YUchnmcjQQbwdhtMRAAoJoVYrerYY-Il41OrcfwIvzHEGi3IJYxGPpF5e0-S92n3Lj8isdMUClTAgrjpkr1gUymJjwqUh3VZsyoBd5NXN1syw9FYA-81rOX2Y4TM-WRA16znzdTYMgePkH_U_0qAoRrrCtHbaGInEoHHs7V_NLS7YAywlULOr0Rnek5axxuW7uNKf4O_qVDEfuR_Ao6da_E3P05dk7Agfa__Qdc-dqmZnEXBbVqiO7s65l6lBM0RKTk8l4NmIDLgW4yZDQDsbKKKlgvJyI_6wC-BIhI_a_jq4wPZ_IxzA5VpcJb2odylur2Mp-VNPGuggrV7W0amIrShSsBY939bqhvdyuf9xMJltsCGx2VFkH3SGD3_mOJ5DdHtftPWvVtDfnRAnwVbnbg7bMmuyXLA=w245-h183-no

Reactions: WestIAHawk
And people piss and moan because Iowa won’t schedule “better” power 5 teams than ISU. Not going to get 7-8 wins doing that.
Or Kirk’s $$$$ Bonus in his contract for getting 8 wins in a season. Must keep the Middle Tennessee States and Miami of Ohio’s.

Reactions: CarterHall
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT