ADVERTISEMENT

Official WNBA 2024 Draft Thread

GLQBwrCXkAAZcv2
GLQBwrDWYAAly8l
GLQBwrCWsAAH-9X

Think Vegas’ staff watched the B1G Championship game and the national championship rematch game vs LSU? Kate really showed out in the big moments.

Here is Las Vegas' 18 woman roster, which includes all of tonight's draft picks.

They have to cut 6 players & get down to 12 players within the next few weeks (their 1st regular season game is May 14).

As I stated above, it's REALLY hard for 2nd rounders to stick.

Here is Las Vegas' 18 woman roster, which includes all of tonight's draft picks.

They have to cut 6 players & get down to 12 players within the next few weeks (their 1st regular season game is May 14).

Yep. But regardless, they know Kate will bring it 100%, blood, sweat and tears in camp.

37 years old and playing professional basketball

Yep. But regardless, they know Kate will bring it 100%, blood, sweat and tears in camp.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Kate and with the WNBA in general.

According to the story linked below (from a week ago), the WNBA only makes $60M from its TV and streaming deals with Disney, Amazon Prime Video, and several other companies. They are hoping to double this because of Caitlin.

I can't wait to see what average ticket sales were last year and the year before and then see what they are this season. And the same thing with TV viewership numbers.

It is amazing how one woman from West Des Moines, Iowa has changed everything.

Dyaisha is tiny (picked at #16 by the Aces).

She's #3 on the NCAA scoring list.

VlgOrFxM

Current NCAA Scoring List:

PLAYERTEAMLAST SEASONGAMES PLAYEDPOINTS
Caitlin ClarkIOWA2024139 (28.424 ppg)3,951
Kelsey PlumWashington2017139 (25.4 ppg)3,527
Dyaisha FairSyracuse2024153 (22.2 ppg)3,403
Kelsey MitchellOhio State2018139 (24.5 ppg)3,402
Jackie StilesMissouri State2001129 (26.3 ppg)3,393
Brittney GrinerBaylor2013148 (22.2 ppg)3,283
Patricia HoskinsMississippi Valley State1989110 (28.382 ppg)3,122
Lorri BaumanDrake1984120 (26.0 ppg)3,115
Jerica ColeyFIU2014131 (23.7 ppg)3,107
Rachel BanhamMinnesota2016144 (21.5 ppg)3,093
Ashley JoensIowa State2023158 (19.4 ppg)3,060

Last edited:
with these 4 additions tonight, Vegas has 18 on their roster.

they'll have to get down to 12.

Yeah, the Aces will probably dump a few back end vets and roster filler, and more than likely send Martin, Kitley and Jackson down.

Not sure how the WNBA works in terms of a secondary league or keeping players in some sort of a farm system where they could call Kate up this coming season for any reason, say injuries or perhaps she just earns her way up.

But unfortunately, while it's great that she got called by Las Vegas, they also already have a stacked roster (hence their dominance last year), so it'll be tough for her to find a consistent spot in Vegas going forward.

And that's not to say she couldn't wind up on another team before all is said and done.

Yeah, the Aces will probably dump a few back end vets and roster filler, and more than likely send Martin, Kitley and Jackson down.

Not sure how the WNBA works in terms of a secondary league or keeping players in some sort of a farm system where they could call Kate up this coming season for any reason, say injuries or perhaps she just earns her way up.

But unfortunately, while it's great that she got called by Las Vegas, they also already have a stacked roster (hence their dominance last year), so it'll be tough for her to find a consistent spot in Vegas going forward.

And that's not to say she couldn't wind up on another team before all is said and done.
Are they tying her up? If I had my oit tinfoil hat in, I’d say they picked her so Clark wouldn’t have her as a stable mate. Am I nuts?

interesting to see the Fever select two more point guards in rounds 2 and 3 after taking CC #1. Anyone with much more knowledge on their roster have any insights or thoughts on that?
They're solid everywhere else on the court - but they need a point guard BADLY. They probably would like a backup point guard better than anyone currently on the team right now. Plus, players get hurt. If everyone stays healthy, Taylor has a great chance to make the roster too. I think the 3rd guard is just about covering your bases in case everyone doesn't stay healthy. Plus they have some bad players at the bottom of their roster. Don't be shocked if all 3 make the roster.

Are they tying her up? If I had my oit tinfoil hat in, I’d say they picked her so Clark wouldn’t have her as a stable mate. Am I nuts?
You're not nutz. If she was still on the board, Indy almost certainly would have taken her with their 3rd pick. But I think Kate legitimized her pick with the way she played down the stretch for us. Plus one of the big problems they have with kids coming out of college is a lot of them are used to being the best player on their team and struggle with finding out they're now a role player. That's a major concern they don't have to worry about with Kate. She's been playing with a superstar for four years.

You're not nutz. If she was still on the board, Indy almost certainly would have taken her with their 3rd pick. But I think Kate legitimized her pick with the way she played down the stretch for us. Plus one of the big problems they have with kids coming out of college is a lot of them are used to being the best player on their team and struggle with finding out they're now a role player. That's a major concern they don't have to worry about with Kate. She's been playing with a superstar for four years.
Kate was the Klay Thompson to Caitlin's Curry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT