ADVERTISEMENT

Peyton and Eli Manningcast

As much as ESPN screws a lot of things up this was excellent. If you missed it, it is way better than their standard broadcast.

Anyone else catch it?

I did. I couldn't understand anything Russel Wilson said. He was badly miked.

I don't like Levy for play-by-play so I watched some of this broadcast. Peyton is awesome but I am not sure I could watch an entire game in this format. We'll see as the season goes on.

I thought it was an intriguing format. Needs some work, though. My bride thought is was horrible. I liked the idea of them bringing in other players for cameos. Lots of perspective...but sometimes not a lot of focus.

I enjoyed Peyton and thought Eli was a Choad. I think they need to tweak the format a little bit where I don’t see Eli the whole time and have the game on the screen all the time no matter what.

Went back and forth to it. Thought it was pretty good. Peyton talks more but Eli won the night with his one liner rips on Peyton and just general humor. The thing I noticed from the start to the finish is that the broadcast evolved and got better as it settled in. As though the producers were tracking the responses online, taking the criticisms, and fixing them in real time. At the beginning I thought it was interesting but it was way to much Peyton talking and they would get on a subject and would miss 6 plays. It was tough to follow the game, though it was entertaining, I ended up turning it over to the other channel. I went back to the Mannings and they had tightened up the coverage and were keeping up with the game. Went back and forth a few times but ended up finishing the game with the Mannings. I think next week will be even better.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
It was good for a little bit, but they didn't focus on the game enough.
This was a big reason why I liked it so much.

I liked that I could watch the game but not have to listen to the regular announcers. I can see it was a 4yd run to the left - I don't need them telling me that.

I really enjoyed it - I hope it's something that sticks. I also hope they keep getting good guests to join them.

They should have Peyton and a top defensive player. That way you get a perspective all the time on why the offense is seeing and the defense is seeing.

Went back and forth to it. Thought it was pretty good. Peyton talks more but Eli won the night with his one liner rips on Peyton and just general humor. The thing I noticed from the start to the finish is that the broadcast evolved and got better as it settled in. As though the producers were tracking the responses online, taking the criticisms, and fixing them in real time. At the beginning I thought it was interesting but it was way to much Peyton talking and they would get on a subject and would miss 6 plays. It was tough to follow the game, though it was entertaining, I ended up turning it over to the other channel. I went back to the Mannings and they had tightened up the coverage and were keeping up with the game. Went back and forth a few times but ended up finishing the game with the Mannings. I think next week will be even better.
Yeah...that's exactly what it should be like. Peyton is Conan O'Brien and Eli is Andy Richter. Peyton couldn't fit the helmet and Eli says, "Really? Your head can't fit into something?" And they just move right along. That made the whole things acceptable, IMO. Eli's attitude of "I'm just glad to be paid to be doing something" is great.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Eli has a golf simulator playing the MNF game.

Love the Manning cast but I'm out the 2nd and 3rd quarters. No way I'm listening to Bron Bron and Saban.

Reactions: Bloody Run Hawk
I love Eli's role on their broadcast!

F7FG5o2.jpg

Need a gif of Eli dropping the double bird on screen tonight. Replicating what a nine year old fan did to him in Philly. " You think that was bad you should have heard what they were saying to mom."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT