ADVERTISEMENT

Rudock to Michigan

Could be a good thing for everyone. If so, thanks Jake for being a Hawkeye and good luck with the Wolves.

Rumors are rumors, but if true I wish him nothing but the best. Jake is a great kid with loads of talent. Iowa just does a bad job developing QB's. What is it about our coaching staff that allows good QBs to not get any better, and in some cases regress over time? Looks like some incoming freshman might be jumping up the depth chart.

Verbum Dei

AMDG

Originally posted by iagoldhawk:
Welp looks more and more like it is rudock to Michigan. Gonna come back to bite us I'm afraid.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
If true, how will this come back to "bite US"??? Iowa doesn't play Michigan in 2015 unless it in the BCG and that ain't happening.

JR's RSSO stats
204-346 2386 yards 59% comp, 6.89 ypa, 18 TD's. 13 INT's and a QB rating of 126.5 IN 13 GAMES

JR's RSJR stats
213-345 2436 yards 61.7% comp, 7.06 ypa, 16 TD's, 5 INT's and a QB rating of 133.5 in 12 games

can there be a more moronic comment made about a QB regressing than the ones being made

Stanzi RSJR year
171-304 2417 yards 56.3% comp, 7.95 ypa 17 TD's, 15 INT's, with a rating of 131.6 in 11 games
Stanzi RSSR year
221-345 3004 yards 64.1 % comp, 8.71 ypa, 25 TD's, 6 INT's with a rating of 157.6 in 13 games

if that is regressing in youtr minds that just comfirms what I have known about you posters that you are a bunch of total MORON's

Harbaugh will breathe some QB magic into JR's lungs and he will finally come out of his shell and perform. I have been critical of JR's performances at Iowa, but being a QB under Harbaugh could be a career saver for him. Kilroy is right about him improving his stats over two years, but I still feel like at Iowa, we need a QB that is more than stats. If true, it can be good for Iowa, Michigan and Jake.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

JR's RSSO stats

204-346 2386 yards 59% comp, 6.89 ypa, 18 TD's. 13 INT's and a QB rating of 126.5 IN 13 GAMES

JR's RSJR stats

213-345 2436 yards 61.7% comp, 7.06 ypa, 16 TD's, 5 INT's and a QB rating of 133.5 in 12 games

can there be a more moronic comment made about a QB regressing than the ones being made

Stanzi RSJR year

171-304 2417 yards 56.3% comp, 7.95 ypa 17 TD's, 15 INT's, with a rating of 131.6 in 11 games

Stanzi RSSR year

221-345 3004 yards 64.1 % comp, 8.71 ypa, 25 TD's, 6 INT's with a rating of 157.6 in 13 games

if that is regressing in youtr minds that just comfirms what I have known about you posters that you are a bunch of total MORON's
he just hasn't had that spark, whether it's his fault or our coaching and talent level. He does lack arm strength, which leads to inaccuracy and winding up to throw down field. He is risk averse, which, if combined with good running backs is ok. We didn't have any of those.

Found this interesting article on twitter regarding a Jake Rudock to Alex Smith comparison under John Harbaugh. I personally think it's a little far fetched but coming from a Chiefs fan they are very similar in frustrating ways. Main difference for me is Alex Smith doesn't throw picks in crunch time "usually". All of this is hypothetical I suppose but seems close to a done deal from what I have read. *SOURCES* mannnnn "http://mgofish.com/jake-rudock-would-be-harbaughs-alex-smith-at-michigan/ …"

JR's RSSO stats

JR's RSJR stats

can there be a more moronic comment made about a QB regressing than the ones being made

Stanzi RSJR year
Stanzi RSSR year

What were the win totals?

if you judge a QB only by the wins and losses the Tate was worse that JR his last 2 seasons as he went 7-5 then 6-7 for a 13 -12 2 year total.

JR went 7-6, 6-5 for a 13-11 2 year record as for the bowl game CJ lost that game not JR

PS the JR haters are really loving this, what will be interesting to see is how long posters will take before throwing CJ under the bus saying that Weigers has more upside,
This post was edited on 2/24 8:19 PM by Hawkeye2222

Originally posted by kyleparm:
Found this interesting article on twitter regarding a Jake Rudock to Alex Smith comparison under John Harbaugh. I personally think it's a little far fetched but coming from a Chiefs fan they are very similar in frustrating ways. Main difference for me is Alex Smith doesn't throw picks in crunch time "usually". All of this is hypothetical I suppose but seems close to a done deal from what I have read. *SOURCES* mannnnn "http://mgofish.com/jake-rudock-would-be-harbaughs-alex-smith-at-michigan/ …"
Jake isn't really all that much like Alex. Maybe only in the fact they don't throw the ball down the field much but Alex is easily more athletic than Jake and has a stronger arm when he does decide to throw down field on the rare occasion. Remember, he ran the pistol at Utah under Urban Meyer. He escapes the pocket and can get first downs with his legs much more often that Jake, Not sure why all of the praise for Jake in this thread. He's not that good. He even looks worse in person. The Nebraska game alone I watched on at least 2 separate occasions a WR was well behind the defense, 20-25 yards down the middle of the field (where you know Rudock can't miss seeing him) and he didnt even throw the ball.

if you judge a QB only by the wins and losses the Tate was worse that JR his last 2 seasons as he went 7-5 then 6-7 for a 13 -12 2 year total.

JR went 7-6, 6-5 for a 13-11 2 year record as for the bowl game CJ lost that game not JR

PS the JR haters are really loving this, what will be interesting to see is how long posters will take before throwing CJ under the bus saying that Weigers has more upside,

Tate had Iowa in position for more wins...defense was brutal and he didn't have healthy receivers. Iowa's defense lost against Tennessee.

if you judge a QB only by the wins and losses the Tate was worse that JR his last 2 seasons as he went 7-5 then 6-7 for a 13 -12 2 year total.

PS the JR haters are really loving this,  what will be interesting to see is how long posters will take before throwing CJ under the bus saying that Weigers has more upside,
Get your win totals correct, then we will talk.

Clarinda the JR hater don't want to admit that every single loss the last 2 years were all JR's fault, like he was to play defense be the punter and FG kicker, he was to do everything, because itv was all his fault IA lost, and in his 1st season starting he quided IA to a 2nd place finish in the Legends division behind BT champion MSU.

but hey JR just had to win both the BT and NT IN BACK TO BACK seasons, otherwise he is/was a COMPLETE FAILURE.

Clarinda the JR hater don't want to admit that every single loss the last 2 years were all JR's fault, like he was to play defense be the punter and FG kicker, he was to do everything, because itv was all his fault IA lost,  and in his 1st season starting he quided IA to a 2nd place finish in the Legends division behind BT champion MSU.

but hey JR just had to win both the BT and NT IN BACK TO BACK seasons, otherwise he is/was a COMPLETE FAILURE.
This might be the worst post I have ever seen you do. You need help.

Originally posted by ClarindaA\:

if you judge a QB only by the wins and losses the Tate was worse that JR his last 2 seasons as he went 7-5 then 6-7 for a 13 -12 2 year total.

PS the JR haters are really loving this,  what will be interesting to see is how long posters will take before throwing CJ under the bus saying that Weigers has more upside,

Tate had Iowa in position for more wins...defense was brutal and he didn't have healthy receivers. Iowa's defense lost against Tennessee.
I like how he gives evidence to the point that Iowa has struggled to have QBs progress. He left out Drew Tates sophomore year completely. Tate didn't even play against Syracuse his senior year. I don't remember off the top of my head if he missed anymore time. He is obviously giving Rudock credit for Beathard coming back and beating Pitt this year. He also gave Rudock credit for going 7-6 his sophomore year when he went 8-5. Yowsa.

Clarinda the JR hater don't want to admit that every single loss the last 2 years were all JR's fault, like he was to play defense be the punter and FG kicker, he was to do everything, because itv was all his fault IA lost, and in his 1st season starting he quided IA to a 2nd place finish in the Legends division behind BT champion MSU.

your needs quit working. You've lost it completely.

I would hate to be someone who has done nothing but sing the praises of JR while constantly throwing CJB under the bus.
I mean, CJB looks to now be your Iowa QB and JR appears to be jumping ship. If someone is all in on JR and JR transfers to Michigan, then someone may as well become a Michigan fan too. Someone has made it clear that you are not a true fan if you are not supportive of the QB that KF has chosen as the starter.

I never understood why people have crucified jake.. He averages over 30 points a game in the big 10 with the leagues slowest running back and an ultra conservative coach.. If I were jake, I'd be looking elsewhere too.. I like the way jake played this year and attribute the losses more to play calling and poor defense

good for Jake if true... not many people can say they wore the maize and blue. That said, CJB gives us the best chance of winning, hands down.

I posted this clear back on February 12th... And quite a few laughed. One guy even said "no way Michigan would want Jake". Just sayin....

Did you even watch the game?

How can you post that not all loses come down on the QB and then blame CJ for a game when the defense didn't tackle and the kick returner made a forward pass?

Um isn't this impossible per Big Ten rules? He has only one year of eligibility and transferring within the conference would automatically nix a year of eligibility (graduate or not).

If Jake goes to UM, I will be rooting for them every game. Iowa doesn't play them, so I hope Jake tears it up. Be interesting to see the reaction on here if that does happen

If this happens I would love to see it because then we can see how much success he has in another system in the same conference. Good apples to apples comparison.

Originally posted by dawgs_04:
If this happens I would love to see it because then we can see how much success he has in another system in the same conference. Good apples to apples comparison.
+1, would be interesting to see how that plays out.

Also would like to see him succeed as he seems like a great kid, who kept his nose clean here and appeared to be a great teammate.

Originally posted by dawgs_04:

It would certainly be telling that is for sure.

If Jake goes to Michigan and really does well, I hope people would see it is an indictment of the overall system at Iowa and not just get angry about losing Jake.

At this point ... who cares what he does ... Kirk named CJ the starter (good or bad) and so if Jake decides to transfer and play somewhere else for one year ... so be it ... Not going to get too wrapped up in what a 20-21 year old kid does. Jake will have a very successful life after football so what he does for the next 12 months ... does not really impact my day ...

Jake will do fine with a lot of talent around him he prove that in HS.
He just isn't the type of QB that will make the talent around him look good.IMO

Originally posted by iceland:
If Jake goes to Michigan and really does well, I hope people would see it is an indictment of the overall system at Iowa and not just get angry about losing Jake.
I'm pretty sure that if he did, that is exactly what would happen. But then again, if CJ does well also, then you have a very confusing situation.

I don't think Jake was a bad QB at all. I just think he maybe was made to play it too safe at times. Perhaps it was his inability to see the field all the way, or his lack of confidence in making the long throws consistently, or maybe that is the way he was taught. I'm not sure, but either way if this Michigan rumor becomes fact we will get some answers.

Originally posted by Cubhawk1:
I posted this clear back on February 12th... And quite a few laughed. One guy even said "no way Michigan would want Jake". Just sayin....
Do you want a participation ribbon, Nancy?

Hard to see Jake going to Michigan unless JH guarantees he will be the starter. Other than that he's not gaining anything other than an opportunity to compete for the starting QB spot at a different school that also has quality competition. Maybe a Boise State or a college of that level would offer a better opportunity for Jake to play right away.

Originally posted by grosie#2:
Hard to see Jake going to Michigan unless JH guarantees he will be the starter. Other than that he's not gaining anything other than an opportunity to compete for the starting QB spot at a different school that also has quality competition. Maybe a Boise State or a college of that level would offer a better opportunity for Jake to play right away.
Or maybe somewhere with a med school. Like Michigan?

Originally posted by grosie#2:
You have to wonder how much of this would be getting his first year of graduate school payed for and not necessarily being the #1 guy... That would be a pretty huge thing for someone going into the medical field. I have no idea what is going on, but I wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that has something to do with it. Obviously he is a very smart guy and certainly is using his time in college better than, unfortunately, most college athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT