ADVERTISEMENT

Rudock to Michigan

The talent around Rudock is the problem not Rudock. If Iowa had better WRs and RBs I think people would be perfectly happy with his production and results. But since Iowa doesn't have those things, Beathard is better for Iowa because he is more of a playmaker. If it is true that Rudock is transferring, I hope he succeeds wherever he goes. I wonder if Iowa would release him to Michigan? I have a feeling they wouldn't but who knows.

Originally posted by David1979:
The talent around Rudock is the problem not Rudock. If Iowa had better WRs and RBs I think people would be perfectly happy with his production and results. But since Iowa doesn't have those things, Beathard is better for Iowa because he is more of a playmaker. If it is true that Rudock is transferring, I hope he succeeds wherever he goes. I wonder if Iowa would release him to Michigan? I have a feeling they wouldn't but who knows.
Was wondering this myself. Be interesting to see if Higdon's name is tossed around behind closed doors since that is still pretty fresh on their minds.

He's probably on track to graduate, he doesn't need to be released to avoid sitting out a year. (See Wilson, Russell.)

Originally posted by ThatsFootball:

Originally posted by grosie#2:
Hard to see Jake going to Michigan unless JH guarantees he will be the starter. Other than that he's not gaining anything other than an opportunity to compete for the starting QB spot at a different school that also has quality competition. Maybe a Boise State or a college of that level would offer a better opportunity for Jake to play right away.
You have to wonder how much of this would be getting his first year of graduate school payed for and not necessarily being the #1 guy... That would be a pretty huge thing for someone going into the medical field. I have no idea what is going on, but I wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that has something to do with it. Obviously he is a very smart guy and certainly is using his time in college better than, unfortunately, most college athletes.
This.

From what I understand, Michigan offers a post baccalaureate medical program and Iowa does not. Sounds like a perfect situation for Jake, and from what I hear about Michigan's QB situation going into next year, he very well may get a chance to play there. I'm good with it. The last thing we need is Senior backup QB so CJB can look over his shoulder all year. Iowa doesn't play Michigan unless we both make it to the title game, so good for everyone involved.

Originally posted by IACub:

He's probably on track to graduate, he doesn't need to be released to avoid sitting out a year. (See Wilson, Russell.)
From what I have heard he will graduate and then he just needs to find a graduate program at Michigan that Iowa doesn't offer and then they can play immediately.

Time to hand the keys to the car over to CJB and see what he can do. We know what we were going to get with Ruddock.

Looks like its time for those baptized in CJB to put up or shut up. No excuses now. The way is cleared for an undefeated season or at least a winning season. But I'm looking forward to the first post (maybe after the first game) that trashes him and calls for the back-up whoever that is. Should be an interesting board come Sept.

Originally posted by N.Legend:
Looks like its time for those baptized in CJB to put up or shut up. No excuses now. The way is cleared for an undefeated season or at least a winning season. But I'm looking forward to the first post (maybe after the first game) that trashes him and calls for the back-up whoever that is. Should be an interesting board come Sept.
I'm sure they are still waiting on all the people that held steadfast that JR was the better QB (until our coaches finally realized he wasn't about mid-December) to go ahead and put up or shut up. You didn't hear much from those people after CJB was given the reins for the bowl game and the #1 spot in that weird post season depth chart press conference.

Hard to see Jake going to Michigan unless JH guarantees he will be the starter. Other than that he's not gaining anything other than an opportunity to compete for the starting QB spot at a different school that also has quality competition. Maybe a Boise State or a college of that level would offer a better opportunity for Jake to play right away.
Or maybe somewhere with a med school. Like Michigan?
If med school is such a big deal and Jake isn't satisfied with Iowa's med school, then why go to Iowa in the 1st place. And now Michigan can offer something he can't get at Iowa. Sounds a little fishy to me. I think it's Jake being pissed because he lost the starting QB job and feels he shouldn't have to compete to get it back. I think Jake believes he can play in the NFL and needs to start somewhere, preferably at Iowa or Michigan, to prove it. He wouldn't be the 1st NFL player to put his education on hold to play in the league.

If med school is such a big deal and Jake isn't satisfied with Iowa's med school, then why go to Iowa in the 1st place. And now Michigan can offer something he can't get at Iowa. Sounds a little fishy to me. I think it's Jake being pissed because he lost the starting QB job and feels he shouldn't have to compete to get it back. I think Jake believes he can play in the NFL and needs to start somewhere, preferably at Iowa or Michigan, to prove it. He wouldn't be the 1st NFL player to put his education on hold to play in the league.
Probably because Iowa was the best school with a medical program to offer him out of high school.

I don't think Iowa plays Michigan this season, but if they did, I don't think the Hawkeye defense would need to fear the Jake. At least Ball State and most other defenses haven't the last two years.

Originally posted by ThatsFootball:
Originally posted by dawgs_04:
If this happens I would love to see it because then we can see how much success he has in another system in the same conference. Good apples to apples comparison.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
+1, would be interesting to see how that plays out.

Also would like to see him succeed as he seems like a great kid, who kept his nose clean here and appeared to be a great teammate.
This. Seems like a good guy. Will be very telling if he goes there and has success, whether it be the play calling or the support around him. Either way, it will be damning on IA and should lead to some change around here.

I was showing what Tate did in 2 years, but tjx for pointing out what I forgot about JR's 1st season

8-5 placed 2nd in the Legends Division to BT Champion MSU, 2 losses to Leaders Division O$U and runnerup Wisconsin in the Leaders Division, beating both Nebtaska and Michigan in conference play plus he beat ISU in non-conference play.

here were the records of the teams IA lost to under JR's guidance
in his 1st year starting
MSU 13-1
NIU 12-2
O$U 12-2
Wisconsin 9-4
LSU 10-3

real bottom feeding team that IA should blown out and had no damn right to LOSE too according to the JR HATERS. and in his 2nd year you people have done nothing but trash him all season long

and yes I give JR the credit for that win it goes as a save for CJ and nothing more

in 2009 Stanzi was credited with that loss to NW because he started that game even though he left with IA in the lead, he still got credited for the loss

the same applied in 2008, he was credited for the win over ISU even though it was JC that pulled out the win, you have absolutely no proof that JR would not have won that game if he had been able to come back in.

the Bowl game there was no set starter as it was going to be a every other series until a QB got a hot hand, only thing is CJ turned it over twice
the 1st time on a fumble at the Tennessee 30 after the defense got the ball in good field position the 2nd time was a INT after IA had gotten a 1st and goal, both possessions cost IA points and IA was still in position to tie the game

I saw enough of CJ to know he was not the answer and as far as I am concerned he will not be the answer this Fall as a SR yes I see as the starter, JR has the skills, a QB that has no skills WON'T lead his HS team to the National HS Championship.

as for the pre-spring roster it doesn't mean squat as many thing can and will happen between now and the Spring Scrimmage. then it will change again before the final depth chart is released before the 1st game.

Iexpect more howling when JR is named the starter, as I feel this was a thread started by a JR Hater and or Troll

Originally posted by N.Legend:
Or it might become more obvious where the real problems lie.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

I was showing what Tate did in 2 years, but tjx for pointing out what I forgot about JR's 1st season

8-5 placed 2nd in the Legends Division to BT Champion MSU, 2 losses to Leaders Division O$U and runnerup Wisconsin in the Leaders Division, beating both Nebtaska and Michigan in conference play plus he beat ISU in non-conference play.

in his 1st year starting
MSU 13-1
NIU 12-2
O$U 12-2
Wisconsin 9-4
LSU 10-3

real bottom feeding team that IA should blown out and had no damn right to LOSE too according to the JR HATERS. and in his 2nd year you people have done nothing but trash him all season long

and yes I give JR the credit for that win it goes as a save for CJ and nothing more

in 2009 Stanzi was credited with that loss to NW because he started that game even though he left with IA in the lead, he still got credited for the loss

the same applied in 2008, he was credited for the win over ISU even though it was JC that pulled out the win, you have absolutely no proof that JR would not have won that game if he had been able to come back in.

the Bowl game there was no set starter as it was going to be a every other series until a QB got a hot hand, only thing is CJ turned it over twice
the 1st time on a fumble at the Tennessee 30 after the defense got the ball in good field position the 2nd time was a INT after IA had gotten a 1st and goal, both possessions cost IA points and IA was still in position to tie the game

I saw enough of CJ to know he was not the answer[/B] and as far as I am concerned he will not be the answer this Fall as a SR yes I see as the starter, JR has the skills, a QB that has no skills WON'T lead his HS team to the National HS Championship.

as for the pre-spring roster it doesn't mean squat as many thing can and will happen between now and the Spring Scrimmage. then it will change again before the final depth chart is released before the 1st game.

Iexpect more howling when JR is named the starter, as I feel this was a thread started by a JR Hater and or Troll
First of all there are no saves in football.

I am not sure CJ is the answer either. But not because he doesn't have the skills, but because the coaching staff keeps it all the same no matter what the strengths are of the individual players. I do think they may air it out a little more with CJ but first time something bad happens on a CJ pass attempt, KF will want to rein it all back in.

in his 1st year starting
MSU 13-1
NIU 12-2
O$U 12-2
Wisconsin 9-4
LSU 10-3

I saw enough of CJ to know he was not the answer and as far as I am concerned he will not be the answer this Fall as a SR yes I see as the starter, JR has the skills, a QB that has no skills WON'T lead his HS team to the National HS Championship.

Why do you always bash Beathard? Do you hate Iowa players?

in his 1st year starting
MSU 13-1
NIU 12-2
O$U 12-2
Wisconsin 9-4
LSU 10-3

94a.jpg

Originally posted by General Tso:
good for Jake if true... not many people can say they wore the maize and blue. That said, CJB gives us the best chance of winning, hands down.
That's bullshit, and the coaching staff will see to that.

in his 1st year starting
MSU 13-1
NIU 12-2
O$U 12-2
Wisconsin 9-4
LSU 10-3

What skills does JR have over CJ? Is he faster, have a better arm, throw it downfield with more consistency and success?

Here is what I saw with JR. He is VERY quick to check down. He missed WIDE OPEN receivers, and not just by over throwing the ball, but in many instances by not even seeing someone who was WIDE OPEN. The announcers at one of the games pointed this out once.

He isn't very good at the deep throw because he often hesitates and and when he does throw he lobs it too much. His numbers vs CJ in throwing deep are very telling.

He's good at scrambling, but CJ is better and faster, and even GDGD agrees with that.

The only thing that I saw that JR had over CJ was experience. JR needed CJ to come in and save us from losing against Pitt. It's very clear that JR doesn't handle being rattled as well as CJ does.

You are wrong.

Originally posted by Jan Itor:

good for Jake if true... not many people can say they wore the maize and blue. That said, CJB gives us the best chance of winning, hands down.
What do you mean by that? Are you saying that the coaching staff will coach him down?

Probably because Iowa was the best school with a medical program to offer him out of high school.
Agreed. Some people just don't seem to have the ability to think for themselves. Yea, I'm talking about you, grosie.

Originally posted by Aegon_Targaryen:

What do you mean by that? Are you saying that the coaching staff will coach him down?
I'm saying the coaching staff will see to it that CJB looks mediocre at best, because they'll put him in that position.

I'm saying the coaching staff will see to it that CJB looks mediocre at best, because they'll put him in that position.
That's what I fear as well. I have faith in his abilities, I don't have faith in how coaching will help those abilities flourish.

Agreed. Some people just don't seem to have the ability to think for themselves. Yea, I'm talking about you, grosie.
Wow, you're pretty brave typing behind a keyboard. Brainless people are like that.

Wow, you're pretty brave typing behind a keyboard. Brainless people are like that.
Brainless people say stupid things too. Best you remain silent. Keep us all guessing.

So, any possibility this was in the works before the bowl game?
Would sadly explain certain things.

Brainless people say stupid things too. Best you remain silent. Keep us all guessing.
I could careless if someone doesn't like what I think. I guess I would have to see what colleges recruited Jake before I agree Iowa was the only good med school to recruit him. If I'm wrong I can live with it.

But what I can't stand is some mealy mouth jerk who piggybacks off someone else's comment then acts like some tough guy and points some brainless threat at me. If anyone needs to think for himself it would be you. So go home and keep practicing to color within the lines of your coloring book.

I could careless if someone doesn't like what I think.
Why do grown men still have trouble with this phrase? Did you get educated real good?

Has it been reported that Jake isn't satisfied with the U of I College of Medicine? I find that highly unlikely. It's a solid medical school. Michigan's is presumably ranked more highly, but I put little stock in those rankings where getting a medical education is concerned. He would have gotten a great education had he stayed at Iowa for medical school.

in his 1st year starting
MSU 13-1
NIU 12-2
O$U 12-2
Wisconsin 9-4
LSU 10-3

Why do you always bash Beathard? Do you hate Iowa players?
Why do you hate KF for naming CJB the starter over JR ? (Kilroy)

Originally posted by iagoldhawk:
Welp looks more and more like it is rudock to Michigan. Gonna come back to bite us I'm afraid.

Since he would be missing spring practice , I would think that would significantly reduce his chances of winning the starting job at Michigan. So I hope that Jake stays at Iowa, he has done a good job for us and is an outstanding player and teammate. Go Hawks!

Why do grown men still have trouble with this phrase? Did you get educated real good?
That could be a typo actually. What really ##$#$ me off is when people say "we are looseing the game!!". It's not
loose people, loose refers to a loose knot, or a loose screw. LOSING is the correct word.

That could be a typo actually. What really ##$#$ me off is when people say "we are looseing the game!!". It's not
loose people, loose refers to a loose knot, or a loose screw. LOSING is the correct word.
"Careless" instead of "care less" is the typo, "could" instead of "could not" is the incorrect phrase.

Originally posted by cliffhuxtible:
Why would Jake Rudock have picked an undergrad institution on the basis of its medical school?

Respected undergrad. Familiarity. Easier to get in. He's now a resident of the State of Iowa I assume? Not sure if med school has cheaper in-state tuition.

happened to see this am that UM had their first spring practice yesterday. it said in the report that UM currently has 7 QBs on the roster and that number will go to 9 by fall when they have 2 more coming in.

Iowa's med school is fine, that would not be the reason Jake would transfer,if he does, People on here are surmising that he would only transfer to a school that has a med school and Mich. does.

Originally posted by DrVenkman:
happened to see this am that UM had their first spring practice yesterday. it said in the report that UM currently has 7 QBs on the roster and that number will go to 9 by fall when they have 2 more coming in.
The two coming in aren't named Rudock. Back to CJ vs. JR threads! Woot Woot!

Originally posted by Cubhawk1:
I posted this clear back on February 12th... And quite a few laughed. One guy even said "no way Michigan would want Jake". Just sayin....
What that SHOULD tell you is how bad are things at Michigan relative to returning QB's, when they think Rudock is an upgrade? This is proof positive at how far Michigan has fallen, regardless of Rudock's actually going there, and/or playing.

I wish young Mr. Rudock nothing but rainbows and puppies in his life after being Iowa's one-time starter, his coming here and his contributions as a Hawkeye, but I'll be content with him being anywhere but in Iowa's backfield.

On the down side, Beathard is still saddled with Davis, and worse Ferentz, so don't apply for those tickets to the Big 10 Title Game just yet....................

Originally posted by sloehawk:
Originally posted by Cubhawk1:
I posted this clear back on February 12th... And quite a few laughed. One guy even said "no way Michigan would want Jake". Just sayin....
What that SHOULD tell you is how bad are things at Michigan relative to returning QB's, when they think Rudock is an upgrade? This is proof positive at how far Michigan has fallen, regardless of Rudock's actually going there, and/or playing.

I wish young Mr. Rudock nothing but rainbows and puppies in his life after being Iowa's one-time starter, his coming here and his contributions as a Hawkeye, but I'll be content with him being anywhere but in Iowa's backfield.

On the down side, Beathard is still saddled with Davis, and worse Ferentz, so don't apply for those tickets to the Big 10 Title Game just yet....................
You are right about that. I guess you aren't the complete retard I thought you were.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT