ADVERTISEMENT

Star injured???

He didn’t come out for the after-dual handshake line. I was hoping we’d see at least a hobbled Carter do that as a sign it wasn’t too terrible.

It's definitely not good and I wouldn't expect him to wrestle at the big 10s weigh in and be done. Probably gets a #4 seed at NCAA and see what he can do

Reactions: vhsalum
Hope the best for him in his recovery. Im sure PSU as a team has a pretty good backup if he is unable to go this year.

It's definitely not good and I wouldn't expect him to wrestle at the big 10s weigh in and be done. Probably gets a #4 seed at NCAA and see what he can do
Looks similar to when Nolf and Kem both injured their knees at the end of the year, but was sprains, and Nolf was back for nationals and won it of course. LCL sprains can be extremely painful, like no weight bearing pain when fresh but usually recover pretty fast, especially when you’re a young top athlete. I’m sure they did an MRI, so they know the extent of the injury. Just watching it, didn’t look like full tear type thing, but flukes can happen. I wouldn’t count him out of winning the championship this year unless PSU comes out and says he’s done. He could probably still win with a 60-70% knee, would find out how gritty he is.

Reactions: west2east
Saw the replay. Man feel bad for the kid. He may be PSU but love watching good kids wrestle. He ain’t ultra flashy but would love to see him go for four healthy.

Reactions: PSUer1989
You could hear a pin drop after that sequence. Instantly quiet. Sucks.

Starocci didn't really need to put his leg in there to begin with. Easy for me to say after the fact.

I bet we see him still do well at Nationals

Sucks, hate to see it and gutted for the kid. But from the looks of it, he finished the match, correct? So maybe not as bad as originally thought.

Reactions: MizzuHawk
Hope that it isn't serious and that he has a fast recovery. I want to see a healthy Starocci get beat by a Hawkeye, not an injured one.
What Hawkeye could beat an injured Starocci? I hope it’s nothing serious.

Edit: never mind I just watched it and that is an ACL and his life just changed.

• Wow
Reactions: grapplefann
Neat to see Iowa fans wishing Starocci well.. I still remember when Spencer had both torn ACL's and a lot of PSU fans crucifying him after his loss to Ramos saying he used his injury as an excuse for his loss .. Way to be classy and humble Hawkeye fans
Was it it actually a lot PSU fans or just puke PSU fans? The most ignorant fans are always the loudest in these situations. So the fact that Iowa doesn’t have any ignorant or classless fans makes sense that we all feel Starocci.

Carter is a class act . He puts on an act to build his brand . Don't read into all the social media stuff to much. Not many better . I know Iowa fans want to hate him but he's one of the good guys
I guess my encounters with him are different than mine. He’s always been DB every time I have been around him. That being said I don’t want to see him injured. Brooks is the example of class on that team. Actually talked to him at the motel at last years Bigs.

While injuries suck, he 100% put himself in that position in a match he didn't need to. I don't want to see anyone get hurt but it's a part of the sport and God knows we've had a run of horrible luck with injuries. The fact psu is getting a taste of it isn't going to keep me up at night.

Reactions: vhsalum
Get well soon young man. Hate to see anyone get hurt.

Side note one of he toughest losses to watch as a hawk fan was when they didn’t give the take down to Kemdawg against Starocci.

Carter is a class act . He puts on an act to build his brand . Don't read into all the social media stuff to much. Not many better . I know Iowa fans want to hate him but he's one of the good guys

I don’t mind Starocci’s bit too much. Plenty of Hawks have had an edge to them. Best thing guys can do is beat him and shut him up which hasn’t happened.

Yes, we will, and that is true for you, too.

I only said it doesn't HAVE to be an ACL, not that it surely wasn't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT