Where are they?

edquinn06

HR All-American
Sep 25, 2014
IA-IL-WI
Block 41
Franklin 97
Estrada 50

Block is injured so I get that one. what’s his time table to be back. Is 41 still in his future cause we don’t have anyone for the weight next year. Maybe VV goes down.

Franklin wrestled the WI dual last year. Haven’t seen him this year. Injured?

Estrada hasn’t wrestled this year. Ranked 7th at 150 on flo behind Mantanona who is #1 but some how Estrada is ranked above him the the Cali HS rankings. Is he injured?

Is Ybarra still in the doghouse? Or injured?
I see he’s still listed on the roster, and with all the hand-wringing over 133 results, I’m kind of surprised no one has even mentioned him as an option (as far as I’ve seen).

I get it that depth at 125 is good insurance, but 133 is there for the taking, and I would think either Ybarra or Cruz would strap on the feed bag and go for it. Or are results in the room damning enough that such an idea really isn’t feasible?

Ybarra was a top-20 recruit (if I recall correctly) who simply never developed in college. Either he had a low ceiling with regard to natural abilities or he just didn't make it a priority to get better. He seems to have decent defensive scrambling abilities but not much else. Never a winning record, never cracked top 100 in Wrestlestat. He had a great opportunity to fill in for Spencer when he was injured, but couldn't (or didn't want to) cut to 125. Similar opportunity for the taking at 133. Oh, well. Not my life, not my issue.

Edit: He does have a winning record this year--6-3. And he did wrestle in a string of duals at 125 in '21-22.

Last edited:
Block 41
Franklin 97
Estrada 50

Block is injured so I get that one. what’s his time table to be back. Is 41 still in his future cause we don’t have anyone for the weight next year. Maybe VV goes down.

Franklin wrestled the WI dual last year. Haven’t seen him this year. Injured?

Estrada hasn’t wrestled this year. Ranked 7th at 150 on flo behind Mantanona who is #1 but some how Estrada is ranked above him the the Cali HS rankings. Is he injured?
Block had ACL repair after Fargo IIRC. If all goes well he should be ready by next summer possibly but certainly by the start of the season.

Not sure where he's projected but 141 is open and 149 has competition. I'd be doing everything I could to be at 141 next year. How good is he? Do we dip into the portal at 141 or 149 if necessary? Lots of questions out there.

Franklin? He must be injured or nowhere close to contending if he hasn't wrestled at all.

Block had ACL repair after Fargo IIRC. If all goes well he should be ready by next summer possibly but certainly by the start of the season.

Not sure where he's projected but 141 is open and 149 has competition. I'd be doing everything I could to be at 141 next year. How good is he? Do we dip into the portal at 141 or 149 if necessary? Lots of questions out there.

Franklin? He must be injured or nowhere close to contending if he hasn't wrestled at all.
Franklin has to be injured right? Otherwise you would think he would be trying really hard to cut to 84 or at least have wrestled at the SS and other opens. He beat ZG last year I can't imagine barring injury he would have regressed that much..

Block is only listed at 149, and is almost 6 ft tall. I know they were probably hoping he would hold 141 when they recruited him, but he was already a tall lanky 138 who looked like he hadn’t sniffed puberty yet. 149 may be a challenge for him soon. May have to hit the portal for 141 for the 3rd straight time.

Is Ybarra still in the doghouse? Or injured?
I see he’s still listed on the roster, and with all the hand-wringing over 133 results, I’m kind of surprised no one has even mentioned him as an option (as far as I’ve seen).

I get it that depth at 125 is good insurance, but 133 is there for the taking, and I would think either Ybarra or Cruz would strap on the feed bag and go for it. Or are results in the room damning enough that such an idea really isn’t feasible?
Worry about your own team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT