ADVERTISEMENT

Star injured???

Hope that it isn't serious and that he has a fast recovery. I want to see a healthy Starocci get beat by a Hawkeye, not an injured one.
Okay...But did any other teams that played us take out their starting QB and best defensive back? It's just tough luck. Look how many years Spencer had injuries...They probably have 3 or 4 replacements in their wrestling room...

ISU fans were cheering his loss like crazy. And this was the same tournament where legions of Iowa fans were cheering for Kyven Gadsen after the death of his father. They once again showed their true colors. A merry band of ignorant losers.
Thankfully my dad was not one of them. He respects the Iowa program for what they have been over the years. He felt bad for Matt as he knew what happened during the season to him

this is the dumbest high horse to be on

psu fans can be insufferable DBs, but they don't cheer for guys getting injured either

they cheered when spencer lost, not when he got injured...and if star loses in march, what do you think the reaction on this board will be?
This is 100% incorrect!!! Go to my thread on their POS board!!! They TRASHED Spencer Lee and still do!!! They have NO clue what that kid accomplished and only boasted about anything that went bad!!!

It definitely happened - right as Star got off the mat after his controversial win over Kemerer in Carver, a bottle came flying down from the stands and hit the arena floor near Star and the PSU bench.
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

It definitely happened - right as Star got off the mat after his controversial win over Kemerer in Carver, a bottle came flying down from the stands and hit the arena floor near Star and the PSU bench.
You telling me that some guy had such terrible aim that he missed StarFish AND the great Krailures HUGE head TWOOOOOO!!!! Seems very unrealistic!?!?!!

You telling me that some guy had such terrible aim that he missed StarFish AND the great Krailures HUGE head TWOOOOOO!!!! Seems very unrealistic!?!?!!
Here's the thread where it was talked about after it happened, 2 years ago:

Reactions: mcpat
Come on, don't play dumb. You guys were absolutely crucifying Spencer. He has been torn apart by Penn State fans. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, BWI, HVI, Chlamydia, you name it. Not to mention Spencer's parents.. The extreme moment of pain Spencer's mom was enduring is one of the biggest laughing points your fanbase carries with them this past year.
as a psu fan I will agree with most of this…..I admit, I have given Spencer a hard time, mostly with him not continuing after loosing in the semis last year……I’d say it’s a pretty safe assumption that most psu fans expected Spencer to stay in state, him leaving and heading to our rival didn’t sit to well with most(obviously)…..I will say though I NEVER made a comment about him having chlamydia though, sorry to hear that😉….as far as Spencer’s mom, I still to this day can’t believe they showed that on ESPN……would have thought they would have been on the Ramos family……..I guess Spencer’s mom made for better ratings though

Come on, don't play dumb. You guys were absolutely crucifying Spencer. He has been torn apart by Penn State fans. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, BWI, HVI, Chlamydia, you name it. Not to mention Spencer's parents.. The extreme moment of pain Spencer's mom was enduring is one of the biggest laughing points your fanbase carries with them this past year.
psu fans absolutely went nuts and crossed a lot of lines when spencer lost...it was gross

but to me, thats different than celebrating an injury. i guess not everyone is interested in that difference. thats ok

as a psu fan I will agree with most of this…..I admit, I have given Spencer a hard time, mostly with him not continuing after loosing in the semis last year……I’d say it’s a pretty safe assumption that most psu fans expected Spencer to stay in state, him leaving and heading to our rival didn’t sit to well with most(obviously)…..I will say though I NEVER made a comment about him having chlamydia though, sorry to hear that😉….as far as Spencer’s mom, I still to this day can’t believe they showed that on ESPN……would have thought they would have been on the Ramos family……..I guess Spencer’s mom made for better ratings though
But was he loosing or was he just loose?

If Starocci gets beat in the quarters or semi-finals, what odds do you give him for continuing to wrestle? Lee was obviously injured last year too so there is no difference. This also assumes that his future tournament points are meaningless - again, much like Iowa last year.

Here's the thread where it was talked about after it happened, 2 years ago:
FWIW, I saw the thrown bottle with my own eyes, as our seats were within 20 to 30 feet of where it came from. (I also see that I shared that observation in the linked thread.) It happened and there is no excuse for it whatsoever. I only wish I could have been certain exactly which ahole threw it. I would have walked over there and pointed them out to the inept security "force".

FWIW, I saw the thrown bottle with my own eyes, as our seats were within 20 to 30 feet of where it came from. (I also see that I shared that observation in the linked thread.) It happened and there is no excuse for it whatsoever. I only wish I could have been certain exactly which ahole threw it. I would have walked over there and pointed them out to the inept security "force".
ken jeong security GIF

INEPT SECURITY ???? They are the best since Wally World closed it's door

• Haha
Reactions: bourbon n blues
It is being reported that Star has a dislocated knee. Looks like he may sit out of Big 10 tourney to get ready for nationals. Two losses on record, most likely pushing him to a 4 - 6 seed.

According to Pat M

• Haha
Reactions: Exo
It is being reported that Star has a dislocated knee. Looks like he may sit out of Big 10 tourney to get ready for nationals. Two losses on record, most likely pushing him to a 4 - 6 seed.

According to Pat M
Damn, that’s sucks. Feel for the dude. I don’t want PSU to break the scoring record, but not like this.

Well, I was at that meet (like every other meet that has happened in CHA) and I remember the discussion about this, but I do not remember seeing it. I currently (and two years ago) sit in Section C, Row 12, behind the visiting bench, and I don't remember a beer container flying over my head. Maybe I was looking somewhere else at the time, but I usually watch the opponents return to their bench, and any antics they might display. I also am pretty sure they don't sell bolled beer in CHA, just cans (and aluminum Coors 'bottles').
OK, I just talked to my son, and I guess my memory is shot. He says there was a beer can thrown that night, but he says it was from lower than our seats and a section or two over. I can't believe they missed then, because I could nail Bael 10 out of 10 times from my seat. That's the only time we've ever seen anything like that in CHA though. I do remember some questionable calls in that match though, you would think I would remember that, I guess it's traumatic amnesia ;)
Also, I hate to see a guy injured, no matter who it is.

Reactions: WIP2001
Can we just agree that it's two passionate fan bases with some idiots on both sides? Spencer took some crap for sure, but Kem didn't get any hate if I remember correctly. Same goes for Nolf. I don't remember any negative comments. Just support. A Starocci injury is going to be treated differently than, say, a Brooks. Sucks, but that's kinda human nature.

Personally, I think getting pumped over some kid getting injured is straight garbage. No matter how they handle themselves. That being said, I can't help but celebrate certain losses more than others. Guess I'm a long way from sainthood, and a bit of a hypocrite lol.

Can we just agree that it's two passionate fan bases with some idiots on both sides? Spencer took some crap for sure, but Kem didn't get any hate if I remember correctly. Same goes for Nolf. I don't remember any negative comments. Just support. A Starocci injury is going to be treated differently than, say, a Brooks. Sucks, but that's kinda human nature.

Personally, I think getting pumped over some kid getting injured is straight garbage. No matter how they handle themselves. That being said, I can't help but celebrate certain losses more than others. Guess I'm a long way from sainthood, and a bit of a hypocrite lol.
It would have been much sweeter to watch a *healthy* Starocci lose. Now if he does, they'll always have the "but..." just like we do with Spencer.

According to Pat M
Thanks. I would have "Liked" your post, but it would have probably generated 3 more pages of fighting over whether I liked the injury or the intel.

It would have been much sweeter to watch a *healthy* Starocci lose. Now if he does, they'll always have the "but..." just like we do with Spencer.
No doubt about the "but" part. I'm a Pennsylvania guy, so I don't want to see him lose. But, I would feel bad for whoever would beat him. No big win should ever be tarnished, regardless of the situation.

Reactions: js8793

According to Pat M
consider the source...pat m doesn't "report" anything. he throws sh*t against a wall...sometimes its true, sometimes its not

maybe that's what starocci's injury is, maybe its not. and maybe he sits at big tens. but there is zero percent chance that anyone connected to the ps program (or that actually knows anything) said anything to pat mineo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT