ADVERTISEMENT

Trump is collapsing, even his GoFundMe page is done with

Explain to me what a constant IV drip of all things Trump accomplishes in your life, Chis? I didn't say ignore him, but geebus, there are several of you guys who literally post NOTHING but political stuff; mostly Trump related.

I've recommended to you for years to find balance (as have many many other posters). Occasionally, we get a good thread going on here about non-political stuff, but it's hard to get anything positive going on here. Negativity thrives. Take these two threads for example:

"I hate you if" went 3 pages:

"I love you if" went 6 posts:

The threads on bragging about your daughters and sons went 1 page each.

The media is correct in that negativity sells.

Thank you Carl Rove.

Reactions: lucas80
This is not directed at you personally:

Vested Interest: a person or group having a personal stake or involvement.

Obsession: an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.

It's fine. Nothing I say will change anything on here, just like nothing that Biggrey, Scruddy, etc. posts will change the left's mind or vice versa. This place is firmly entrenched. It's just a cesspool of political obsession and the extreme sides trying to have their "gotcha" moments.

I have the choice to ignore and/or not click on the political threads. I will likely try a combo of the two.
One big problem. This isn't a gotcha moment. It's the complete unraveling of Trump. He's done financially. His empire is over

Reactions: EasyHawk
One big problem. This isn't a gotcha moment. It's the complete unraveling of Trump. He's done financially. His empire is over
I begrudgingly hit the "unignore" button only to see Scruddy trying his best attempt at a Biden "bloodbath" gotcha thread. My comment was more general in the overall theme of this board, not the specific topic thread in which I posted the statement.

This is not directed at you personally:

Vested Interest: a person or group having a personal stake or involvement.

Obsession: an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.

It's fine. Nothing I say will change anything on here, just like nothing that Biggrey, Scruddy, etc. posts will change the left's mind or vice versa. This place is firmly entrenched. It's just a cesspool of political obsession and the extreme sides trying to have their "gotcha" moments.

I have the choice to ignore and/or not click on the political threads. I will likely try a combo of the two.
Certainly we must all do our part to ensure trump never regains the office. He is a threat to us all.

I begrudgingly hit the "unignore" button only to see Scruddy trying his best attempt at a Biden "bloodbath" gotcha thread. My comment was more general in the overall theme of this board, not the specific topic thread in which I posted the statement.
Thing is Trump is involved in so much corruption that you need an entire board to handle each one.

Unless something unforeseen happens between now and the March 22nd shareholders meeting, the Truth Social IPO will provide numerous avenues to cash. The valuation is currently 10 billion, and Trump owns 79 million shares, so at the current price, he would be looking at 4 billion. While he would not be allowed to cash out, he could transfer shares to a family member, who could then leverage the shares for a loan.

Unless something unforeseen happens between now and the March 22nd shareholders meeting, the Truth Social IPO will provide numerous avenues to cash. The valuation is currently 10 billion, and Trump owns 79 million shares, so at the current price, he would be looking at 4 billion. While he would not be allowed to cash out, he could transfer shares to a family member, who could then leverage the shares for a loan.

Doesn’t he need court special master approval for any asset transfers?

Thing is Trump is involved in so much corruption that you need an entire board to handle each one.
Not Bad Ghosts GIF by CBS

We could have a Right board:
  1. Go Iowa Awesome Trump Triumph: Celebrating Presidential Policies Nationwide
  2. Go Iowa Awesome Trump Supporters Unite: Amplifying Voices for America's Future
...and a Left board:
  1. Go Iowa Awesome Trump Troubles: Discussing National Concerns in Political Climate
  2. Go Iowa Awesome Trump Opposition: Engaging in Critical Discourse for National Progress

I have not read that a special master has been appointed, but if one has been, I would say yes and would assume it would be approved if the money was being used to pay the fine.
I'm guessing this isn't a real option. One, who would buy all these stocks if he liquidates, and two, why wouldn't he have already exercised this option if it was realistic?

Apparently Trump tried hitting up some 30 bond companies but they all said No. His only option left is to beg Russia or Saudi Arabia. Dude is totally compromised now. It's not often you know the exact price for a president.
The Russians already funded his last one. Then he ran his mouth against Carroll again because he can't help himself. So I will be placing bets on how long it take NY to start seizing properties.

Democrats need Trump more than Republicans.

To us Trump is just the vehicle to help save the country from the Democrat death spiral we are heading into.

Record high stock markets
Record low unemployment
New manufacturing being set up in the US
Inflation lower than just about anywhere else in the West

Just a horrible, horrible 'spiral' here...

I'm guessing this isn't a real option. One, who would buy all these stocks if he liquidates, and two, why wouldn't he have already exercised this option if it was realistic?

The shareholder's meeting is on the 22nd of March; once they approve, the IPO will go forward.
After a two-year investigation, the SEC approved the deal, confirming it is going forward. Standard language states he can not sell the shares or use as collateral for a loan, but he can transfer them to a trust or family member who in theory could go the loan route.

The shareholder's meeting is on the 22nd of March; once they approve, the IPO will go forward.
After a two-year investigation, the SEC approved the deal, confirming it is going forward. Standard language states he can not sell the shares or use as collateral for a loan, but he can transfer them to a trust or family member who in theory could go the loan route.
Trump has to pony up by Monday. Selling crap Truth Social stock isn't a viable option.

Apparently Trump tried hitting up some 30 bond companies but they all said No. His only option left is to beg Russia or Saudi Arabia. Dude is totally compromised now. It's not often you know the exact price for a president.
Vince McMahon on line one sir.

Reactions: Dr. Spaceman
Trump has to pony up by Monday. Selling crap Truth Social stock isn't a viable option.

As stated, he cannot offload the stock because of standard contract language when an IPO is through a SPAC, but he could transfer shares to a trust or immediate family members once the deal is closed. While you may feel the shares are worthless, the valuation and stock price of Digital World indicate you are incorrect. The price is likely to hold until Trump loses or wins the election so transferring shares to a trust or family member is very much an option to resolve his current issues.

Last edited:
As stated, he cannot offload the stock because of standard contract language when an IPO is through a SPAC, but he could transfer shares to a trust or immediate family members once the deal is closed. While you may feel the shares are worthless, the valuation and stock price of Digital World indicate you are incorrect. The price is likely to hold until Trump loses or wins through a SPAC so transferring shares to a trust or family member is very much an option.
SPAC stock is all over the map. It's down 8% today, blew up last year, but cratered the year before that and hasn't come close to recovering even with the 2023 bump. Truth Social lost $23 million last year, only has 600k monthly followers, and is hinging it's hopes on a guy facing 88 indictments. This is not a $10 billion company. Truth Social has never even cleared $50 million. This will not bail Trump out.

So, this thought--that offers zero new information that isn't being discussed in 100+ other threads--somehow warranted its own dedicated thread? Trump really does live rent free in many of y'alls minds.
rent free?

My brother, a trumper, loved him. Scrawled TRUMP and ISIS into his kitchen ****ing cabinets before putting a 22 to his own head.

7 years ago now. I still can’t understand what he might have been thinking. What was going through his head.

But thanks for not even trying to understand what anyone else but yourself has been going through. Your opinion is deeply appreciated.

SPAC stock is all over the map. It's down 8% today, blew up last year, but cratered the year before that and hasn't come close to recovering even with the 2023 bump. Truth Social lost $23 million last year, only has 600k monthly followers, and is hinging it's hopes on a guy facing 88 indictments. This is not a $10 billion company. Truth Social has never even cleared $50 million. This will not bail Trump out.

I agree with your comments about SPACs and Truth Social revenue; however, I disagree with you on this, bailing out Trump in the short term.
The deal will be processed, and Digital World, at current trading, will bring Trump more than 3 billion. The initial investors seem very motivated; as we all know, Trump's most ardent supporters can be dogmatic.

I agree with your comments about SPACs and Truth Social revenue; however, I disagree with you on this, bailing out Trump in the short term.
The deal will be processed, and Digital World, at current trading, will bring Trump more than 3 billion. The initial investors seem very motivated; as we all know, Trump's most ardent supporters can be dogmatic.
Let's say that Trump jumps all the hurdles to sell his stock to a family member? What do you think would happen to stock value if he did this?

Record high stock markets
Record low unemployment
New manufacturing being set up in the US
Inflation lower than just about anywhere else in the West

Just a horrible, horrible 'spiral' here...
Every president in U.S. history has had a record stock market. Inflation still remains high and was caused directly by this administration. Housing markets are upside down. Biden is trying to align himself with an actual terror organization to win votes in Michigan. 10,000,000 new illegals invading our country and overrunning cities. Chinese spy balloons traveling across the country untouched. Russia executing its Democrat presidential invasion playbook right on schedule. Things are just a ****ing peach.

Every president in U.S. history has had a record stock market. Inflation still remains high and was caused directly by this administration. Housing markets are upside down. Biden is trying to align himself with an actual terror organization to win votes in Michigan. 10,000,000 new illegals invading our country and overrunning cities. Chinese spy balloons traveling across the country untouched. Russia executing its Democrat presidential invasion playbook right on schedule. Things are just a ****ing peach.
Exactly what policy did this Administration put forth that caused the inflation?

Let's say that Trump jumps all the hurdles to sell his stock to a family member? What do you think would happen to stock value if he did this?

As stated, he is prohibited from selling the stock for six months but can transfer it, providing immediate financial relief and not affecting the stock price. The election will be the determining factor on what he pulls from the IPO, but by that time the fines will be resolved via bonds or payment.

As stated, he is prohibited from selling the stock for six months but can transfer it, providing immediate financial relief and not affecting the stock price. The election will be the determining factor on what he pulls from the IPO, but by that time the fines will be resolved via bonds or payment.

Any transaction that is tied to any stock's value may not be able to be used to comply with the bond amount; they want a cash, or cash-equivalent bond because the point is guaranteeing a payout to the winner if the appeal is unsuccessful.

Covid stimulus bill
This was Trump

Inflation reduction act aka the green new deal
This is slowing inflation, and providing direct benefits to Main Streeters with lower energy annual costs they can use on goods and services

Infrastructure bill that was 95% pork

This is rebuilding infrastructure that Trump chortled about for 4 years, and did nothing.
Has nothing to do with "inflation".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT