ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the greatest CBB player you have ever seen play...

I saw Indiana St and Larry Bird play Drake at Vets. Still the best college player I have ever seen live; including Ronnie Lester and LG. Also, I saw Bo Ellis and Butch Lee play at Drake the year that their Marquette team won it all. Those two were no Larry Bird, but worth mentioning.

Bill Walton . He would rebound and have the outlet pass to half court before his feet hit the ground . Terrific on defense and as shot blocker . He shot 21-22 in National championship game , and had one taken away for offensive goaltending.
I agree. And Walton played in that brief era when players were not allowed to dunk. His flexibility at catching a pass and softly placing it into the basket was amazing. And he was in generally good health in those days.

Most have been mentioned. But 2 of the best I have seen play college are Sean Elliot from Arizona and Ray Allen from Uconn. I think it was maybe 96 when Allen and Iverson squared off in a college game. Elliot was as smooth as I have seen in college.

Jim Jackson would be on my list. Glenn Robinson. Doug McDermott, 3 time AA 1st team, Grant Hill,

My pick for #1 is Pete Maravich.

Was just scrolling through AA teams, saw the 83-84 team:

Michael Jordan
Patrick Ewing
Hakeem Olajuwon
Sam Perkins
Waymon Tisdale

Pretty good team. 😲 😉

Pistol Pete could not hold Caitlin’s jock! Err…you know what I mean! 😉

Probably cannot say this without coming off as a little racist (disclaimer, I am not racist), but how about the greatest white basketball players of all time?

Pete Maravich, Bill Bradley, Bill Walton, Larry Bird, John Havlechik, Jerry Lucas, Chris Street, Bobby Hurley, Christian Laettner...

Probably cannot say this without coming off as a little racist (disclaimer, I am not racist), but how about the greatest white basketball players of all time?

Pete Maravich, Bill Bradley, Bill Walton, Larry Bird, John Havlechik, Jerry Lucas, Chris Street, Bobby Hurley, Christian Laettner...
Not Luka Garza?

Brody Boyd

I partially checked out during the Lick Dynasty, did Lil lick play much?
Not much but when he did he made it count 😉

E1RldD-XEAMUU0P.jpg

I saw Glenn Robinson dismantle the Gophs at the Barn and Randolph Childress completely take over the ACC tournament in ‘94 and lead Wake to an ACC championship. Both performances were dominant beyond anything I had seen before.

Tim Duncan for me. We were hanging out at the hotel bar in Minneapolis with some Kentucky basketball fans and they had extra tickets and it fit in nicely between the National Wrestling sessions so we walked over mainly to watch him. I don’t remember if it was to get to the final four but I think so. Kentucky won but Duncan was something special.

I saw Glenn Robinson dismantle the Gophs at the Barn and Randolph Childress completely take over the ACC tournament in ‘94 and lead Wake to an ACC championship. Both performances were dominant beyond anything I had seen before.
Big dog was incredible in college. I’d go with him, but college ball wasn’t big in Wisconsin when I grew up there so I didn’t really pay attention to it until the late 80s.

Scott May
Yes i’m old.
Dude carried IN in the fieldhouse night i saw him. Also loudest bball crowd i’ve ever heard in iowa.
That 1976 Indiana team was incredible...except the 1975 team was probably better! Alas, May's busted arm killed the Hoosiers.

Jim Jackson would be on my list. Glenn Robinson. Doug McDermott, 3 time AA 1st team, Grant Hill,

My pick for #1 is Pete Maravich.

Was just scrolling through AA teams, saw the 83-84 team:

Michael Jordan
Patrick Ewing
Hakeem Olajuwon
Sam Perkins
Waymon Tisdale

Pretty good team. 😲 😉

Those 3 would be on my list of top 4, along with Chris Webber.

I saw Christian Laettner play, also (w/Grant Hill in the '92 Tourney against Iowa), and although he is considered one of the best college basketball players of all time, I was not overly impressed watching him.

I will give a shout-out to Kirk Manns, who had a solid but unspectacular career with Michigan St, but had a ridiculously good game at CHA in '90. Let's just say that I just looked it up and he led the B1G in 3PT FG made that season...and that didn't surprise me one bit...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT