ADVERTISEMENT

WTT Session 2

Russell by Pin...nice throw from Ness but he couldn't recover and ended up on his back

Valencia needs to get better at developing shots from his ties. Caldwell made his adjustments from the Open and shut Valencia's offense down.

Dennis vs Maple in the challenge finals! I think its still pretty crazy that maple can make 61kg. Did he not go up to 149 because he had weight management issues at 141? He must have done some body transforming. I know its a day before weigh in.. but still, thats a lot of weight to drop. Thats like retherford outgrowing 141 going to 149, then competing at 61kg after his career is over. IDK just is pretty unreal to me, but he's been doing good so who am I to comment on it.

So Dan Dennis has basically taken three years off of wrestling. Tony Ramos took about four years off with a little bit sprinkled in. Ramos, in his first attempt, makes the world team. Wins the U.S. Open the following year and makes his second world team. Whatever one wants to say about them, that's some great coaching.

Good for Dennis!

Az, how was the ending of Dake-Howe nasty?

Howe had Dake's leg up in the air, goes for the trip they landed for what seemed to be a sure Howe TD and some how Dake gets out of it. If Dake eventually has a daughter, I feel for the guy who tries to score on her ;)

Reactions: Huck
So Dan Dennis has basically taken three years off of wrestling. Tony Ramos took about four years off with a little bit sprinkled in. Ramos, in his first attempt, makes the world team. Wins the U.S. Open the following year and makes his second world team. Whatever one wants to say about them, that's some great coaching.

When did Ramos take four years off? I'm guessing you mean Dake or Howe?

Dake is just a phenomenal athlete. Outside of Burroughs I'm not sure there is as good of an athlete in the US wrestling right now

Reactions: minnhawkeye
Kind of thought that was self-explanatory but yea, freestyle. I was wrong...3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT