ADVERTISEMENT

10 B1G Assistant Coaches make between $900,000 & $1.7M; Power 5 OL Coaches' Ave Pay is $501,000

Phil deserves.....

giphy.gif

Wow, ISU's coordinators make more than Iowa's. Never would have thought that in a million years.

Reactions: Sexican
Wow, ISU's coordinators make more than Iowa's. Never would have thought that in a million years.

And every time our assistants get a raise, the cackling media and concern trolls come out of the woodwork to say what a waste of money it all is. Rinse and repeat.

Yahoo? C'mon now lol.
:D

A few non Yahoo.

A few non Yahoo.
Take care of the golden goose

Still don't see all the trolls ;)

Good lord, he must really enjoy coaching. Between that and all the money from his previous jobs....at his age I would GTFO and live it up somewhere.
Not sure how his contract was written, but I know some buyouts are pegged to a) only paying the difference between the old job and new job. (ie, if your buyout is 1million per year, and you get a job for 500k, the buyout only pays you 500k).

and b) actually trying to find a job, and getting paid fair market value for that job (so you can't just take a $1 salary at the new place and get the rest from the old place)

Bert B was in the news about this a while back after his Arkansas buyout: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...a-suing-razorback-foundation-buyout-agreement

On a different note- and perhaps I would feel differently if I was Kirk- but I would absolutely try to get more money to Copeland, Bell, etc, even if it came out of my salary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT