ADVERTISEMENT

#1000pages FSU Third Natty (Women’s Soccer 2021 & 2023, and Cheerleading 2023 achieved)

Not as bad as first thought, fence needs repaired but the rest is okay per Tally folks on FSU boards.
Great news. Brother north of town said that they lost power, but had only minimal tree limbs down.
Whew. Sad to hear of a lady getting killed because of a downed tree.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
On the strength of a 1,3,5,6 finish in the Triple Jump and a 1,2, and 4 finish in the Long Jump, FSU is currently in fifth at the ACC T&F championships heading into the sprints, mid distance and relays.
Jeremiah Davis will be a strong candidate for meet MVP after winning both events.

Edit. Well dang, Noles just smoked the field in the 4x 100 to move into third place.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, FSU bats went silent after a 3-0 start in Durham, falling to the Blue Devils for the ACC Softball title 6-3.

The right field fence wasn’t rebuilt as tall (yet?).
It used to go up several panels at the foul pole, and then stair step down toward center field.

Now the chain link is basically doubling the size of the wall, but runs the same height all the way until it stops.

Pretty sure one of our homers last night wouldn’t have cleared the old fence.

Noles took the first game of the doubleheader.
In the last minute of the second game before the rain delay the Noles took a 7-6 lead, two outs, man on 1st and 2nd.
Game will be finished tomorrow at 2PM, presumably on ACC network.

If the weather we're having now in DeFuniak heads east, they won't be playing anything today.
Yeah, our biggest chance of rain today is when they’re trying to get this game wrapped.
I think it was already bottom of the 7th, so it should count as a game if they have to call it, right? Not playing tomorrow to rest for ACC tournament.
Gets us to 40 wins.
Just amazing how that was Martin’s floor for his career.

Reactions: goldmom
Yeah, our biggest chance of rain today is when they’re trying to get this game wrapped.
I think it was already bottom of the 7th, so it should count as a game if they have to call it, right? Not playing tomorrow to rest for ACC tournament.
Gets us to 40 wins.
Day two of the softball regional is scheduled to start in two hours.

Reactions: goldmom
Gets us to 40 wins.
For the majority of Martin's coaching tenure, they played around 70 games a year.

The baseball game has been pushed to 5:00. If the rain is anything like it's been here, the field won't be playable.
Drove through that stuff on I-10 coming home from Alabama yesterday and it’s just the same today. I think you’re right.

For the majority of Martin's coaching tenure, they played around 70 games a year.
walter-lebowski-i-did-not-know-that.gif

Right field was a lake yesterday and it hasn't had the opportunity to dry enough to take on more rain.
We haven’t had rain on this side of town since last night’s storm came through. About 50% rain through the day, except forecast is just cloudy in that 5PM window.
Am I right that NCAA will call it a game if we’re in the bottom of the 7th?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT