ADVERTISEMENT

11-1 ain’t no fun so let’s do

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
12-1… all jokes a side I do think we can run the table and win out but it ain’t going to be easy by any means… Minnesota isn’t good, but it’s a rivalry game so throw out those records .. Rutgers is on the rise and thank God we have them at home as the last time I saw Iowa Rutgers in person was in 2019 and the week after my father passed away in which was absolutely crushing to find him lifeless at his place … anyway… I don’t see Illinois putting much of a fight up however I do see Nebraska being a spoiler but one game at a time and if the players believe in themselves this team could take it to the CFP if things go as planned and Iowa can knock off one of the big 3 in the east and hoping it’s OSU as I think Iowa matches up best with them.. on paper at least … 5 weeks we will all know! But I am definitely enjoying this ride as all Iowa does is silence the critics and just win baby Win!

12-1… all jokes a side I do think we can run the table and win out but it ain’t going to be easy by any means… Minnesota isn’t good, but it’s a rivalry game so throw out those records .. Rutgers is on the rise and thank God we have them at home as the last time I saw Iowa Rutgers in person was in 2019 and the week after my father passed away in which was absolutely crushing to find him lifeless at his place … anyway… I don’t see Illinois putting much of a fight up however I do see Nebraska being a spoiler but one game at a time and if the players believe in themselves this team could take it to the CFP if things go as planned and Iowa can knock off one of the big 3 in the east and hoping it’s OSU as I think Iowa matches up best with them.. on paper at least … 5 weeks we will all know! But I am definitely enjoying this ride as all Iowa does is silence the critics and just win baby Win!
I think the Hawks drop 2 more. They simply cannot keep winning with no offense. There are going to be games where Iowa will need to put up points.

No, I am not "hating" on the Hawks.....just trying to take a common sense approach.

I'd love to see that but realistically with all the injuries and starters out for the season and the injuries yet to come I just don't see 11-1 or 12-1. If the offense could get it together the second half 10-2 maybe 9-3 is more realistic.

edit: not counting BIG CG or bowl game in numbers above.

I am sorry about your father passing.

More injuries and turnovers could derail it for sure. But you gotta like the trend! Our OL looks like they can run block now and we got runners!

BTN had a stat up regarding Ohio State starting QB. It showed when under pressure by the opposing defense he had only a 38% completion rate!!! Much, much higher when not under pressure.

Hoping we can get some passes rolling down the field and into the awaiting arms of Hawks!

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
It's really hard to win without scoring many points. You're always one pick-6, fumble return or punt return away from getting beat.

An injury among the DB's and passing becomes a lot easier for the opponent.

In short, the Hawks are ......

71S7UjUj5qL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I'm hoping that Iowa finally can rely on the run to effectively sustain drives,give our dee rest and put us in shape for Tory to pin the opposition deep. Then let our defense feast on those opportunities for turnovers. If we make the BIG game. I hope its a rematch with PSU. They got every break possible in that game. Phil will figure out some things for them.

I think the Hawks drop 2 more. They simply cannot keep winning with no offense. There are going to be games where Iowa will need to put up points.

No, I am not "hating" on the Hawks.....just trying to take a common sense approach.
Agreed yet I thought for sure last weekend was a 90% loss with every single break needing to go our way. A bunch did but it's still a rivalry road game vs. Wisky so I was happy and pleasantly surprised. Just grind a win out Saturday any way possible to get a very much needed bye week for rest and get Noah back and who knows were this will take us.
Bold prediction: A WR will have a 100 yard receiving day Saturday...:)

Reactions: 83Hawk
Agreed yet I thought for sure last weekend was a 90% loss with every single break needing to go our way. A bunch did but it's still a rivalry road game vs. Wisky so I was happy and pleasantly surprised. Just grind a win out Saturday any way possible to get a very much needed bye week for rest and get Noah back and who knows were this will take us.
Bold prediction: A WR will have a 100 yard receiving day Saturday...:)
I disagree on us getting the breaks. They recovered every damn fumble we forced. If we recover a couple we win comfortably

I disagree on us getting the breaks. They recovered every damn fumble we forced. If we recover a couple we win comfortably
True, a TD vs a safety ices that game and the Allen fumble would've been big yet I was talking about too the fact that Wisky went for a 4th and 1 at the 10 and didn't take 3 points and we knocked Tanner out of the game. The other was Richman dislodging a sure INT late in that game IIRC.

when you are worried about Rutgers at home ... you know your schedule is a joke
it will even out the BTC game will make 41-3 look like a halftime score and a real bowl game, not the usual toilet bowl, will be another massacre. Say Oregon, Washington, Georgia or Oklahoma etc etc

Absolutely- usually Iowa recovers those fumbles 9 times out of ten but you’re correct they sure did get the ball to bounce their way on almost all fumbles as if Iowa would of recovered the fumble in the end zone instead of a safety we would of walked away earlier than how it played out

9-3 with losses to Minnesota and Nebraska. No one knows us better than Fleck in the B1G and we are are so one dimensional right now, I think he can finally take advantage. Also, our HC seems to struggle with new head coaches, so I can’t see us leaving Lincoln with a victory after what I saw last year. We need offense badly and it just hasn’t shown up consistently.

9-3 with losses to Minnesota and Nebraska. No one knows us better than Fleck in the B1G and we are are so one dimensional right now, I think he can finally take advantage. Also, our HC seems to struggle with new head coaches, so I can’t see us leaving Lincoln with a victory after what I saw last year. We need offense badly and it just hasn’t shown up consistently.
Kinda what I'm thinking, although a loss to Rutgers would not surprise me.

This offense is probably going to cost the Hawks a couple of wins. That's not "hating", it's just being realistic.

And you would have to think Noah Shannon is cleared post bye week.
Yeah, right. If the NCAA is anything it is slow!!!! Drew Ott had to wait a long time to find out about his injuries and getting another year. iirc he wasnt healthy for the NFL combine and pro days anyway but man leave a guy hanging.

To me when it takes so damn long it is just a sign, first, that your rule(s) in question are too vague or something like that. I thought the NCAA had already determined to change the penalties for what Noah did so why the wait

Nebby has a new coach but if his schemes on both sides of the ball are similar to his other jobs then there is plenty of video on him plus 11 games of video this year. If our defense is still healthy come Black Friday and they have a game of hitting and great physical tackling I think Nebby might struggle to score.

Nebby has a very good run defense per the stats but will that still be there in late Nov?

What will cost Iowa is any loss like many last year where there were multiple turnovers. Otherwise we win.
So in other words.....the offense, just like I said. Thanks for agreeing with me..

And for the record, in Iowa's loss to ISU last year, turnovers were even. In the loss to Illinois, the Hawks had a 3-1 turnover advantage.

Outscored Deborah 156-131 this year. Now that's even more funny!

Shows how idiotic your fanbase is. The fake everything of college football.
Iowa should be paying western Michigan more for helping them pad stats.

I’ve witnessed my team win at the highest level for multiple years in a row in better conferences than the bigten. You never have and most likely never will witness Iowa win anything significant. I got mine and I’m enjoying watching Iowa fans get what they deserve and Saturday was the best yet. As Iowa fans, You’ve earned it.

I’ve witnessed my team win at the highest level for multiple years in a row in better conferences than the bigten. You never have and most likely never will witness Iowa win anything significant. I got mine and I’m enjoying watching Iowa fans get what they deserve and Saturday was the best yet. As Iowa fans, You’ve earned it.
But you cheated, then the rest of college football erased what you thought was cfb in prop 48, steroids, and scandal.

Now, you're in your rightful place as Big Ten doormat. Enjoy, toad!

• Haha
Reactions: YellowBellyHawkeye
But you cheated, then the rest of college football erased what you thought was cfb in prop 48, steroids, and scandal.

Now, you're in your rightful place as Big Ten doormat. Enjoy, toad!
Whatever helps you sleep at night you pathetic pos. You never have and never will see Iowa accomplish anything great.

Too bad "witnessing my team win at the highest level" didn't save you from being a failure at life.

• Haha
Reactions: YellowBellyHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT