ADVERTISEMENT

11. Citrus Bowl: No. 17 Iowa vs. No. 21 Tennessee

obfuscating

HR Legend
Jan 8, 2016

Monday, Jan. 1, 1 p.m. -- I cannot stop chuckling at the absurdity of this matchup. On one side, we've got a Tennessee team that may not have been as potent offensively as the team we saw last year but still managed to score 31.5 points per game. Then there's an Iowa team that usually needs a month to score 31.5 points. I'm only half joking! Iowa played three games in October and scored 45 points. And it finished the season with a 10-3 record! This game will be like an MMA fight between a fighter with all the coolest ninja moves going and wrestler simply trying to get you on the ground so they can sit on your face for the entire round. I have no idea who wins. Though, now that I think about it, I'd love to see an MMA fight between Tennessee's Joe Milton and Iowa's Deacon Hill. Hill's got the weight advantage, but Milton's got the reach. It's anybody's fight.​

All 43 bowls listed here - https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ines-as-all-timer-with-orange-sun-intriguing/

Was hoping we could be done watching Iowa Football in 2023 instead of rolling into 2024. Can’t wait for another offensive shoot out from the Brain and his scheming for this game. It will be another run right, run left, throw the ball behind the line of scrimmage for a wide receiver screen. Rinse and repeat. 13–10 Iowa or TN.

Was hoping we could be done watching Iowa Football in 2023 instead of rolling into 2024. Can’t wait for another offensive shoot out from the Brain and his scheming for this game. It will be another run right, run left, throw the ball behind the line of scrimmage for a wide receiver screen. Rinse and repeat. 13–10 Iowa or TN.
You would think you would celebrate as the time is literally ticking off the clock on Brian's last game.

Reactions: tweeterhawk
Probably more akin to the mid 2010s bowl results.

27-10 or 34-10 along those lines.

Hill takes every snap save for some stupid wildcat or trick play that nobody is fooled by because Brian..........

Reactions: iasooner2000
Probably more akin to the mid 2010s bowl results.

27-10 or 34-10 along those lines.

Hill takes every snap save for some stupid wildcat or trick play that nobody is fooled by because Brian..........
I don't see TN scoring more than 20 on us, they aren't as good as PSU, UM offensively and well, anyone's defense in a P5 can have its way with our Offense.

Monday, Jan. 1, 1 p.m. -- I cannot stop chuckling at the absurdity of this matchup. On one side, we've got a Tennessee team that may not have been as potent offensively as the team we saw last year but still managed to score 31.5 points per game. Then there's an Iowa team that usually needs a month to score 31.5 points. I'm only half joking! Iowa played three games in October and scored 45 points. And it finished the season with a 10-3 record! This game will be like an MMA fight between a fighter with all the coolest ninja moves going and wrestler simply trying to get you on the ground so they can sit on your face for the entire round. I have no idea who wins. Though, now that I think about it, I'd love to see an MMA fight between Tennessee's Joe Milton and Iowa's Deacon Hill. Hill's got the weight advantage, but Milton's got the reach. It's anybody's fight.​

loud-noises.gif

I seriously wish we could see OU - IA in a bowl game on 1/01 of any year, I still owe R Harmon a beer for OU’s 85 MNC but will always enjoy my Rose 🌹 Bowl shirt from 2003. We have a boat load of Orange trophies so enjoy yours.
Perhaps next year when OU plays in the secsec

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
The negativity on this forum is truly a pain in the *ss. Non-Hawkeye fans need to do some self-reflection on how to best spend their time. Negative nellies need to understand BF is on his way out. Congrats, you won. Accept your win and either fish or cut bait on being a Hawkeye football fan. Constructive criticism has value, but throwing mud just to be negative is not an avenue to happiness for anyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT