*****Minnesota vs Iowa Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
2pm BTN
Iowa -6.5
O/U 154.5

Minnesota (15-7, 6-5) have won three straight (@PSU, NW, MSU) while the Hawkeyes (13-10, 5-7) are scuffling losing 2 of last 3.

Statistically Iowa is better in every area but 3PT shooting and defense (shocker).

I predicted a Hawkeye victory weeks ago so I guess I’ll stick with it, although it wouldn’t shock me one bit for them to lose. I’ll say 83-77 hawks.

Minny on a heater..Cam Christie in a groove. Garcia is tough

We need fans to inspire the guys today. C'mon Hawkeyes!

MarkJ can tell us it is not a must win game.

If you are okay with a below average B1G B-ball team, this is NOT a must win game.

Hopefully home cooking or Fran coaching up Freeman on not picking up cheap fouls/protecting him with post help can keep him out of foul trouble.

Garcia put up 31 at Minnesota---get that defense shored up with more Freeman on floor, rebound better, don't absolutely brick it from 3, and don't let Minnesota go off from 3, and it is easy victory.

More likely a tossup.

I wish that in todays game, Moline's Brock Harding is matched up with Minnesota's Elijah Hawkins and plays extended minutes. What better game to see that Brock can indeed play defense. Go Brock!

Reactions: NI hawk
Oh great now I gotta watch the men’s team get destroyed by Minnesota
This. I feel disappointed enough after the women choked away a win, now I feel as if I am going to be disappointed again. A very lackluster start by the men.

Reactions: NI hawk
Freeman benched because?

Avoid foul trouble? :)

giphy.gif

Reactions: MikeyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT