ADVERTISEMENT

Gross??....maybe he wants to pull a Joey and try to get a team title. That would be sweet!!

NCAA Bylaw 14.6.1 One-Time (Graduate) Transfer Exception.
A graduate student who is enrolled in a graduate or professional school of an institution other than the institution from which he or she previously received a baccalaureate degree may participate in intercollegiate athletics if the student fulfills the conditions of the one-time transfer exception set forth in Bylaw 14.5.5.2.10 and has eligibility remaining per Bylaw 12.8.

Gross can only transfer once he's completed his degree, since he's already previously transferred. Given that credits don't always get transferred and the cloud that he left Iowa under, you would suspect that he'd probably not be in line to graduate in 4 years.

Not only that, but Gross doesn't meet the conditions of a one-time transfer detailed in 14.5.5.2.10, because he's already previously transferred - subsection (b). That means he would have to meet the additional criteria of:

(a) The student fulfills the remaining conditions of Bylaw 14.5.5.2.10;
(b) The student has at least one season of competition remaining; and
(c) The student's previous institution did not renew his or her athletically related financial aid for the following academic year.

Would SDSU not renew Gross's financial aid out of kindness, thereby allowing him to transfer? I have no idea.

What's more, why would Gross transfer to Iowa if Bono goes to Wisconsin? That doesn't make any sense. If he can leave SDSU in that circumstance, he'd follow Bono to Wisconsin (if possible). Bono turned him into a national champion and Iowa kicked him off the team when he screwed up. It's an easy choice for him if it came to that.

Gross??....maybe he wants to pull a Joey and try to get a team title. That would be sweet!!

Can Gross come back?

Nice little story about coming home to help win the team title. He doesn’t need a scholly as he can just wrestle for the hwc next year and pay off his loan.

I believe you can cross Gross off the wish list:

"The farther I am away from what happened at Iowa the more I realize that God
was saying 'Hey you're not supposed to be there', you're supposed to be here [SDSU], Gross said recently from the Jackrabbit wrestling room. He kind of picked me up and dropped me where I needed to be. Maybe if I was still at Iowa I wouldn't have dropped down to 133 pounds and I wouldn't be having success. It turned out to be the best thing that happened to me."

~Seth Gross, Sioux Falls Argus Leader, February 15, 2018

I would link the entire article but my copy/paste function isn't working. In wrestling recruiting battles with Iowa, God is undefeated.

was saying 'Hey you're not supposed to be there', you're supposed to be here [SDSU], Gross said recently from the Jackrabbit wrestling room. He kind of picked me up and dropped me where I needed to be. Maybe if I was still at Iowa I wouldn't have dropped down to 133 pounds and I wouldn't be having success. It turned out to be the best thing that happened to me."

I would link the entire article but my copy/paste function isn't working. In wrestling recruiting battles with Iowa, God is undefeated.
Maybe if he hadn't screwed up he would of been a two time champ at Iowa now

Can Gross come back?

Nice little story about coming home to help win the team title. He doesn’t need a scholly as he can just wrestle for the hwc next year and pay off his loan.

Ok, how bout Gomez?

So, God owes us a 133 lber?

Just a shot in the dark here because I don't know much about his recruitment, but with Michigan's coach retiring what are the chances Joey Silva is looking at more options?
That would be the best pick up, but he had no interest in Iowa.:(

Sounds like Seth has probably heard the story of the prodigal son... someone mail him a copy with a transfer request form... ;)

Just a shot in the dark here because I don't know much about his recruitment, but with Michigan's coach retiring what are the chances Joey Silva is looking at more options?

I know Silva sort of and I asked him about Iowa last year and when I heard about Michigan coach Retirement I asked him again. He knew that it was probably Macfarlands last year as head coach and is still going. Apparently I suck as a recruiter but I did try.

I know Silva sort of and I asked him about Iowa last year and when I heard about Michigan coach Retirement I asked him again. He knew that it was probably Macfarlands last year as head coach and is still going. Apparently I suck as a recruiter but I did try.
You do seem like a tool that would be all over a high school kid like that.

All over??? Actually my son wrestles at the same club at a
Lake highland prep. I see Silva all the time. If that makes me a tool in your pathetic eye I am ok with that cuz you don’t matter. You don’t know me at all but I can see from your posts you are turd— You stink up everything you touch, and you have no value and you want to be a pain in the ass if you can. FLUSH
My first ignore.

All over??? Actually my son wrestles at the same club at a
Lake highland prep. I see Silva all the time. If that makes me a tool in your pathetic eye I am ok with that cuz you don’t matter. You don’t know me at all but I can see from your posts you are turd— You stink up everything you touch, and you have no value and you want to be a pain in the ass if you can. FLUSH
My first ignore.
Believe hes the Legend12 of the wrestling board.

Reactions: FLhawkFan
Believe hes the Legend12 of the wrestling board.
Legend12 is one of the most knowledgeable bball posters. No one likes him because he points people out when they talk out their ass, and thats 90% of these boards. He knows more than just about everyone on that board. He doesnt buy into everything black and gold and is very objective when comparing iowa athletes to other teams athletes. So I'll take your compliment, thank you!

Legend12 is one of the most knowledgeable bball posters. No one likes him because he points people out when they talk out their ass, and thats 90% of these boards. He knows more than just about everyone on that board. He doesnt buy into everything black and gold and is very objective when comparing iowa athletes to other teams athletes. So I'll take your compliment, thank you!
All you do is talk out your ass! What about that bet Pat Paddington?

giphy.gif

Heard some chatter about bringing in 2 time 125 Jr. National Champ Todd Small from Iowa Central, but don't know if he has the frame to move up to 133.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT