ADVERTISEMENT

Other results

This won't age well. Kid will be just fine.
We'll see. I realize you hyped him in the preseason, so you can't get away from the ledge now.

This year certainly has not gone as expected, even before the injury.

And when he grows into a 149 and Paniro is too short for 157, more problems. And Redding was forced down to 133 this year...meaning he's cutting a decent amount...which makes making weight at Nattys for 3 days kinda tricky.
Some of the stuff you see from the ISU staff would make you think they've never coached at this level.
What a mess in Ames.

Too bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: eb05
A lot of freshman struggle on bottom, for whatever reason this kid hasn’t made any adjustments. His opponents scout him and know he’s got a huge hole in his game and exploit it. Iowa tends to make getting out from bottom a priority. Now if we could just improve out TD rate……
I'm not saying he's going to be a "John Meeks level" flop, but for the hoopla coming in, he's far from top level kid.

A lot of freshman struggle on bottom, for whatever reason this kid hasn’t made any adjustments. His opponents scout him and know he’s got a huge hole in his game and exploit it. Iowa tends to make getting out from bottom a priority. Now if we could just improve out TD rate……
If I'm recruiting being really bad on bottom is a big red flag. He might improve but guys who continually struggle there have a hard time getting to an elite level. We dodged a bullet with Henson who is awful on bottom.

If I'm recruiting being really bad on bottom is a big red flag. He might improve but guys who continually struggle there have a hard time getting to an elite level. We dodged a bullet with Henson who is awful on bottom.
I recall a video on Flo where Mark Perry describes a brutal bottom drill that Brands had him go through with Mark Ironside. After wrestling for over an hour and being mentally broken, Ironside proceeds to begin punching Perry. Perry suddenly explodes out, hits a double leg and slams Ironside. Fully fired up and ready to go some more Brands calls time. Essentially, you’re tired when I say you’re tired and you’re never too tired to get out from bottom. Iowa guys don’t get stuck on bottom too much.

He lost that one also, but close.
Kid has a losing record on the season at 5-6 at this point. He’s still got UNI (#8 Cael Happel) Missouri (#15 Alan Hart) and Illinois (#24 Danny Pucino). Swid has fallen out of the top 25 and has yet to face Northern Colorado’s #1 Andrew Alirez, SD St’s #11 Carlson and ND St’s #23 Droegenmueller who will all be at the B12 tourney along with Carter Young, Jordan Titus and Mosha Swartz who have already beaten him. He’s going to have a hell of a time qualifying for the National tournament.

Reactions: MitchLL
Kid has a losing record on the season at 5-6 at this point. He’s still got UNI (#8 Cael Happel) Missouri (#15 Alan Hart) and Illinois (#24 Danny Pucino). Swid has fallen out of the top 25 and has yet to face Northern Colorado’s #1 Andrew Alirez, SD St’s #11 Carlson and ND St’s #23 Droegenmueller who will all be at the B12 tourney along with Carter Young, Jordan Titus and Mosha Swartz who have already beaten him. He’s going to have a hell of a time qualifying for the National tournament.
Two words... Gilbert, Iowa ;)

j/k... the NCAA put an end to that Dresser stunt.

Last edited:
Two words... Gilbert, Iowa ;)

j/k... the NCAA put an end to that Dresser stunt.
Hey man don’t drag my hometowns name through the mud like that. We didn’t do anything wrong. That’s all on Dresser. All they did was take Dresser/Pollards money for use of facilities.

This won't age well. Kid will be just fine.
He might be fine, it's his end-of-match tantrums that I'd think you'd have issues with. Aside from countering a bad shot by Real he brought no offense to that match, then wants to get all tuff with him after it's over. Then he mule kicks the Okie St. wrestler in the ribs at the end of that match after spending the period helpless on his belly. He's young, but he acts like a hothead punk IMO.

Regardless of how this kid ends up, if there's one lesson in this..."don't always believe the hype".

Obviously this guy has some growing up to do. Those mule kicks could have severely injured his opponent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT