ADVERTISEMENT

14th time Iowa and Michigan face each other ranked in AP

Unfortunately this Michigan team has no weaknesses. Great defense, very good O-line, QB, RB'S and TE's. WR's have great speed. Very good punter and kicker.

Hope the Hawks can keep it close going into the fourth.

Keys for Iowa
- hold Michigan's running game down
- Castro needs to limit Michigan's TE's
- no turnovers and limit penalties
- limit long Michigan drives (get off the field)
- we need a few exotic plays
- we need Brown back

Even with all that, it will be hard. But that is why you play the game.

they are projected to play washington if they beat iowa. does anybody else think washington might spank them? they could be looking ahead to said spanking and overlook iowa. oh, who am I fooling!! ha ha

they are projected to play washington if they beat iowa. does anybody else think washington might spank them? they could be looking ahead to said spanking and overlook iowa. oh, who am I fooling!! ha ha
Washington wasn't overly impressive last Saturday.

2021 B1G Championship 9:00 3rd quarter
Score
Michigan 14
Iowa 3

Iowa was still within striking distance and then proceeded to give up 28 points in the blink of an eye.
Goodson had missed the wide open Pottebaum for the TD and then Shudak missed the FG at the beginning of the game. What might have been. We lost the Mo right there.

I watched much of the WSU/Washington game and I have to say I was not overly impressed with Washington. They are good no doubt but they really had a hard time closing the deal against WSU. Also thought they would have put up more offensive numbers based on past games. That being said sometime the rivalry games tend to even things out a bit.
They (Washington)have played a fair amount of close games this year. I think they will have a hard time getting by Oregon and will miss out on the playoffs.

How did Maryland keep it close against them?

Maryland was right there with OSU as well before giving up 17 in the 4th quarter. Little Tua is pretty talented, there is a reason Alabama wanted him to transfer back in the portal this last year. Kudos to him for wanting to finish with the Maryland guys. They just didn't play any defense when it counted or they'd have beat everyone but the top 3 in their division. They shouldn't have lost to Illinois or NW, but they did finally overcame Nebraska to win a close one (thanks to typical Husker mistakes of course).

Unfortunately this Michigan team has no weaknesses. Great defense, very good O-line, QB, RB'S and TE's. WR's have great speed. Very good punter and kicker.

Hope the Hawks can keep it close going into the fourth.

Keys for Iowa
- hold Michigan's running game down
- Castro needs to limit Michigan's TE's
- no turnovers and limit penalties
- limit long Michigan drives (get off the field)
- we need a few exotic plays
- we need Brown back

Even with all that, it will be hard. But that is why you play the game.
Mich. lost their "outstanding, team leader offensive guard" saturday so maybe the hawks can win that battle a lot. JJMac can sometimes have a avg at best game passing and if he is off rather than on and he can make passing mistakes then that will help.

But as you said, first thing is stopping or slowing down their run game. Most any team, even really good ones like OSU which didnt stop the run well enough, can lose if they get gashed by a running attack.

I think that OSU-Mich game came down a lot to the early OSU INT that lead to the first Mich TD. Mich was never behind after that and only tied 17-17 for one possession before their next TD.

The hawks need to run the ball period unless we are out of our heads passing and catching. Mich short passing defense I have heard from TV analysts is a bit weak. But Mich stopped OSU running game pretty well

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT