ADVERTISEMENT

1986-87 vs 2020-21 team who would win??

I don't think the jr/sr observation pertains in this case. Both teams have them, and the key seniors on the 86-87 team (Gamble, Lohaus, Wright) would not have been early NBA entrants.

Spot on. Love the 87 guys but no one on the 87 team could have controlled Luka in the post. The LoDog was tall enough but not nearly strong enough. Gerry and Eddie were just too short.

Joe Dub is a better player than Jones or Moe. KG was a hell of a player. BJ vs. Jordan would have been a scoring festival, although BJ was game in and out a better player the Davis zone would have left huge wholes for CJ, Joe Dub and especially Jordan to rain threes.

87 would have won a series but it wouldn't be 4-0

I think it would be closer than many think, in a seven game series i could see it going to the 7th game. Jmo

I almost never agree w/Deplorable but he's 100% right here. Gamble hardly got off the bench w/Raveling as the coach. He played 1 minute in the NCAA tournament game against NC State the prior year. Lohaus was considered a bust. Dr. Tom saw the vision w/what he had. He made some mistakes in the UNLV game but we were #1 in the country under him w/that team. Making the changes he made in the lineup and keeping the team chemistry was a huge deal. Raveling was a good recruiter but he could never have done what Dr Tom did w/that team. Let me know when we get 30 wins again.

I'm old enough to remember the 70 team. Watching the few times they were on TV and listening to them was great. As someone else alluded to, If there had been a three point line then who knows what they could have done. I lived outside of Iowa, in Indiana, at the time of the 86 team and they gave me a lot of joy to watch since I could actually see them on TV. I am confident that we will still have a season this year and I can tell you I am looking forward to watching them. They could be something special, but they have to show it. Go Hawks!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT