ADVERTISEMENT

2 teachers resign after one shared photos in lingerie with student on trip

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities

MADISON, Wis. (WMTV/Gray News) - Two Wisconsin high school business teachers have resigned after a school district found inappropriate behavior between them and a student while on a class trip.

The Janesville School District confirmed the board accepted the resignations of Alexsia Saldaris and Jennifer Larson on April 22. Both were business education teachers at Janesville’s Joseph A. Craig High School.

Saldaris worked for the district for one year, while Larson worked in the school system for 11 years.

WMTV uncovered a summary of the district’s investigation into the inappropriate behavior between the teachers and a student through an open records request.

The records reveal a timeline of events from a school trip that happened between April 7 and April 9, which Larson and Saldaris attended.

The document states both teachers were using Snapchat with “Student A,” indicating they wanted to cuddle and “have fun” with the individual. They also asked if another student would join.

Additionally, the report shows Saldaris gave keys for a district van to the student to “take a lap” in the parking lot.

On that same day, the report claims Saldaris was changing her shoes in the back of the district van when she shared “a half kiss” with the student.

On the evening of April 9, the timeline alleges Saldaris used Snapchat to send the student five photos of herself in lingerie and undergarments. The report also states text messages were found between Saldaris and the student referring to planning to meet on the weekend.

According to the school board’s document, Larson reported on April 10 to the principal, Dr. Alison Bjoin, that Saldaris let the student drive the van in the parking lot. That same morning, the report states Saldaris text the student and said their “relationship” needed to stop. The student apparently agreed.

The following morning, Bjoin received a report from another teacher claiming they confronted a group of boys laughing around a phone. That teacher said they were “95-percent sure” the photos the boys were looking at were of Saldaris in her undergarments.

When confronted by school officials, Saldaris admitted to sending the pictures to the student through Snapchat, according to the report. Larson admitted to Snapchat messages “involving cuddling, flirting, and the implication of alcohol.”

Both teachers were placed on paid administrative leave on April 12.

The school has concluded its investigation into the matter. Janesville police are now investigating to see if any criminal charges will be referred to the Rock County District Attorney.

pics-or-it-didnt-happen.jpg

Article doesn't seem to say how old the student was.

My personal view is if the student was above the age of consent in that state than it should just end with the teacher being fired and not being allowed to teach again.

If below the age of consent than the teacher should be criminally charged.

I'm sort of curious why Larson was forced to resign. Maybe I missed something but the only mention of her name in the article is that she reported that the student was allowed to drive the van around the parking lot. (This sort of thing makes me think the student might have been below the age of consent. Because if the student was of driving age why would they want to drive a van around a parking lot.)

Only thing I can figure is that Larson knew more about the relationship than she let on or made school officials aware of.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
Article doesn't seem to say how old the student was.

My personal view is if the student was above the age of consent in that state than it should just end with the teacher being fired and not being allowed to teach again.

If below the age of consent than the teach should be criminally charged.

I'm sort of curious why Larson was forced to resign. Maybe I missed something but the only mention of her name in the article is that she reported that the student was allowed to drive the van around the parking lot. (This sort of thing makes me think the student might have been below the age of consent. Because if the student was of driving age why would they want to drive a van around a parking lot.)

Only thing I can figure is that Larson knew more about the relationship than she let on or made school officials aware of.
When confronted by school officials, Saldaris admitted to sending the pictures to the student through Snapchat, according to the report. Larson admitted to Snapchat messages “involving cuddling, flirting, and the implication of alcohol.”

So both the teachers were hitting on this one student? CRAZY AF

Reactions: Tom Paris
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT