ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Iowa Baseball Season Thoughts

Mar 14, 2003
Record: 31-24, 12-12 B1G

Iowa was 30-17 and obviously predicted in the NCAA Tournament then an implosion happened. Reminded me of some of the Fran ones.

We lose a few guys that have done great things at Iowa in Whelan, Boe, and McDonald. We also lose Wetrich and Farley. Shimp has a year left but did he graduate?

Then you look at the draft. We have several juniors that could be drafted. It’s obviously up to them, but I think they should all come back. Pitching is a concern for me. I didn’t feel like we really had a shut down bullpen or go to guy all year as we lost early on a few walk offs.

Offensively gotta find more power. I think Fullard should have some pop next year and hopefully Norman. Obviously the draft really had an impact on Iowa. A guy like Howell would’ve been legit this past year.

Record: 31-24, 12-12 B1G

Iowa was 30-17 and obviously predicted in the NCAA Tournament then an implosion happened. Reminded me of some of the Fran ones.

We lose a few guys that have done great things at Iowa in Whelan, Boe, and McDonald. We also lose Wetrich and Farley. Shimp has a year left but did he graduate?

Then you look at the draft. We have several juniors that could be drafted. It’s obviously up to them, but I think they should all come back. Pitching is a concern for me. I didn’t feel like we really had a shut down bullpen or go to guy all year as we lost early on a few walk offs.

Offensively gotta find more power. I think Fullard should have some pop next year and hopefully Norman. Obviously the draft really had an impact on Iowa. A guy like Howell would’ve been legit this past year.
There shouldn't be any player from this team leaving for the draft.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT