ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting (1 Scholarship Left): Jaxon Kohler & Josh Dix VISITED Sep3, Tyler Nickel Sep17. Aidan Shaw VISITED Jun23. Kyle Filipowski to Duke

What's the story with this kid? His highlights look very good, and he is a big dude already. He looked like a player Fran could really mold into a stud. Iowa State went up to check him out and also never offered.

Not sure. I guess Fran wants to hang on to the remaining scholarship and use it for the transfer portal or the 2023 class.

Rivals has yet to evaluate/rate him.

Meanwhile, check this out:

I don't claim basketball expertise, nor expertise in evaluating talent......that said, I think this young man is significantly under rated. We were in on those other two highly rated 2G's who were very impressive....and I think Josh Dix is just as good as either of them.

Josh appears to be stronger than either of them and maybe a better leaper. Based on video, he gets to the basket and scores in traffic better than those two.....those two might be slightly better 3 point shooters than he is...but not by a lot.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
FD2R98iWEAolnml

BABC is the Boston Amateur Basketball Club

I got goose bumps reading this.

Is Dasonte even better than WE think?

And I love the EAST COAST connections Fran has been making

I’m glad we got both these guys, I’ve been lurking in the shadows following this thread, and all of the potential recruits. Never thought we had a shot with Filipowski or Nickel, they were just way too good outta HS even if we got in early, not to go blue blood. They were both East Coast guys, which we have a good connection there cuz of BT but that’s a niche and can only get us so many recruits. I love Bowen’s game and wouldn’t be surprised to see him get significant minutes next year (way too early to say that).

I also think Owen Freeman will be great he’s athletic for a 6’10” kid. And if we land either Parker Friedrichsen or Matas Buzelis I think either would be a huge get and would fit our system. I think Freeman’s gonna be a 4 star by the time he graduates JMO. Parker reminds me of CJ a little bit more athletic though. Let’s hope his uncles not a douche if he does commit. 😂

I don't think Iowa will be recruiting any more HS kids for this class. Using one for getting a center from the portal would be perfect, preferably someone who could come in as a junior to fill the gap at center in the classes between Ogundele and Rebraca.

BABC is the Boston Amateur Basketball Club

I got goose bumps reading this.

Is Dasonte even better than WE think?

And I love the EAST COAST connections Fran has been making

Everyone that has seen Dasonte play in person have rated him as one of the top 150 players in this class with some even putting him in the top 100. Seems to me the kid has been very impressive to watch and has huge upside. Fran has finally landed his highly rated tall athletic PG that can shoot. If Dasonte does well at Iowa more will follow. Dasonte has really improved his 3 ball so I am guessing the sky is the limit for this kid. This is one hell of a get by Fran.

Everyone that has seen Dasonte play in person have rated him as one of the top 150 players in this class with some even putting him in the top 100. Seems to me the kid has been very impressive to watch and has huge upside. Fran has finally landed his highly rated tall athletic PG that can shoot. If Dasonte does well at Iowa more will follow. Dasonte has really improved his 3 ball so I am guessing the sky is the limit for this kid. This is one hell of a get by Fran.

so, what you are saying is, Fran is da man? ;)

This is a good story from Nov 16.

Note, however, that Filip plans to play in 2022-2023.

Some excerpts:

Iowa men's basketball signed two prospects during the early signing period. And the Hawkeyes may not be done, according to head coach Fran McCaffery.

Could Iowa sign additional players? McCaffery noted that the work on the recruiting trail is never done.

"Never done. We could sign another one potentially," McCaffery said. "It all depends on the rest of our roster, who comes back, who doesn't."

What position could Iowa be looking at next? Center/forward Filip Rebraca is the fourth senior on the team. If forward Keegan Murray's first-round NBA draft projection holds up, there's a good chance he'll depart. A big or a forward with position versatility would round out this class nicely.

The FULL Story:

The kid is obviously a moron. "I don't want to go to Iowa because I want to make a name of my own, so I'll go to Michigan State where I'll face comparison to Magic Johnson and a dozen other greats." How many big guys does Sparty have in the NBA?

Shit like that is either a lie, concealing a more truthful but distasteful reason like, "I'm a star ****er" or he is so genuinely dumb he doesn't realize his game will be compared to a dozen quality, AA or future NBA stars that have come through Michigan State in the last 40 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT