ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting (1 Scholarship Left): Jaxon Kohler & Josh Dix VISITED Sep3, Tyler Nickel Sep17. Aidan Shaw VISITED Jun23. Kyle Filipowski to Duke

When did Reed Bailey decommit from Davidson? I do not see that listed anywhere. If so Fran needs to be all over him. Fits perfectly in Frans offense. Kid has lots of skill.

Where does it say he decommited. Still lists him as a Davidson commit.
That's my point
Committed isn't the same as signed, if Iowa wanted to kick the tires they would.

When someone commits, Rivals typically has their profile updated right away.

I am pretty sure in early August, when Reed committed, Rivals put Davidson as the school he committed to. Now, as you can see below, Reed is listed as UNDECIDED.

As we know, Iowa has one scholarship remaining for the 2022 cycle.

If they do nothing further, right now they would have 3 scholarships available for the 2023 cycle.

Otherwise, there are 4 Known Options still for 2022:

1. Luke Hunger, who Iowa has not offered yet

These Players Have Offers:

Braden Huff (Offered July 25, 2021)
PF, 6'9", 200, Glen Ellyn, IL

3. Reed Bailey (Offered May 8, 2021)
PF, 6'10", 205, Wolfeboro, NH
Plays at same High School as 2022 PG Dasonte Bowen
--COMMITTED to Davidson on 8/4/2021 but then DEcommitted

4. Prince Aligbe (Offered April 5, 2019)
SF, 6'5", 185, Minneapolis, MN

Reactions: CarmelHawki
When someone commits, Rivals typically has their profile updated right away.

I am pretty sure in early August, when Reed committed, Rivals put Davidson as the school he committed to. Now, as you can see below, Reed is listed as UNDECIDED.

As we know, Iowa has one scholarship remaining for the 2022 cycle.

If they do nothing further, right now they would have 3 scholarships available for the 2023 cycle.

Otherwise, there are 4 Known Options still for 2022:

1. Luke Hunger, who Iowa has not offered yet

These Players Have Offers:

Braden Huff (Offered July 25, 2021)
PF, 6'9", 200, Glen Ellyn, IL

3. Reed Bailey (Offered May 8, 2021)
--COMMITTED to Davidson on 8/4/2021 but then DEcommitted

4. Prince Aligbe (Offered April 5, 2019)

Speaking of Mr Hunger.... Michigan has contacted him. Northwestern is visiting him today.

Does he not play summer ball? Why isn't he ranked? 247Sports doesn't even list him.

Maybe schools (including Iowa) are waiting to see how he does his senior year. I don't follow HS ball. Did he dominate games as a junior?

You definitely don't want to turn your back on him. ;)

In all seriousness, just an fyi, but Pete Moe does not have one scholarship offer.

Nevertheless, Check this Out & Watch:

He apparently has an offer from Minnesota State. (D2, but still an offer):

According to a Twitter account called “Recruits Zone,” he has D1 interest from a few programs:

All that said, still a very under-the-radar prospect.

He apparently has an offer from Minnesota State. (D2, but still an offer):

According to a Twitter account called “Recruits Zone,” he has D1 interest from a few programs:

All that said, still a very under-the-radar prospect.

Yeah, Rivals only lists Division I schools who have shown interest & who have offered.

Right now, according to Rivals, he has 0 offers & there are 6 schools which have shown interest:
Iowa
Air Force
Belmont
Lipscomb
South Dakota
South Dakota State

In this article from June 26, Pete said the next step was to get in front of college coaches, which is something he had not been able to do since his game took a significant leap. That meant that July was going to be a critical month as college coaches got to see him play at AAU events.

Moe said he recently took a visit to Air Force and he is also getting interest from Belmont, Lipscomb, South Dakota, South Dakota State, and North Dakota. He’s also hearing from the school where his dad was once a star.

“Iowa says they are going to be watching me in July and see how I play. With Coach McCaffery and Coach Taylor’s sons on my high school team I see them often and talk to them a little bit.”

The FULL Story:

The original post has been updated.

As you can see,

Iowa extended 31 offers for the Class of 2022.

3 committed to Iowa (Dasonte Bowen, Josh Dix & Riley Mulvey, who later reclassified to 2021)

3 are still Undecided

25 Committed Elsewhere

The 3 Who are Undecided:

(1)
Reed Bailey (Offered May 8, 2021)

--COMMITTED to Davidson on 8/4/2021 but then apparently DEcommitted

(2) Zion Cruz (Offered June 23, 2020)
SG, 6'3", 165, Mouth of Wilson , VA

(3) Prince Aligbe (Offered April 5, 2019)

As you can see,

3 committed to Iowa (Dasonte Bowen, Josh Dix & Riley Mulvey, who later reclassified to 2021)

2 are still Undecided

26 Committed Elsewhere

The 2 Who are Undecided:

(1)

As you can see,

2 are still Undecided

26 Committed Elsewhere

The 2 Who are Undecided:

(1)

From some of the earlier posts am I to conclude that Iowa has started to shy away from Luke Hunger?

What do you think of Iowa simply 'banking' that last scholarship. They have a couple of walk-ons (Kingsbury and Laceta) who both have some skills. Think either/both end up earning a scholarship?

From some of the earlier posts am I to conclude that Iowa has started to shy away from Luke Hunger?

What do you think of Iowa simply 'banking' that last scholarship. They have a couple of walk-ons (Kingsbury and Laceta) who both have some skills. Think either/both end up earning a scholarship?

Coaches are very pleased with the work that Ogundele and Mulvey have put in, as well with Rebraca likely returning for his COVID year, they'll have 3 Post players, 2 of which that are underclassman. Post is less of a need at the moment.

I expect to see Iowa wait till Spring to see what the team needs may be after the season.... Keegan to NBA? Other transfer portal openings?

keep a line in the water to see what bites.

I think you are correct in that they have watched Luke Hunger in person & have backed off. No Iowa offer has come and as a result, no visits (at the moment) to Iowa are happening. Its interesting because he officially visited Miami FL on Sep 18 and Harvard on Sep 25. He was offered by Northwestern on Sep 28 and Pitt on Sep 29.

It looks like Fran is happy with the 2022-2023 roster for now. That means, right now, that 3 scholarships are available for 2023-2024. IMO, Luc Laketa and Carter Kingsbury, the 2 preferred walk ons, would have to really, really stand out in order to earn one of those scholarships.

For now, this is where things stand:

2022-2023 Roster (12 on Scholarship; 1 scholarship available):

FRESHMEN: 2 players

6'3" PG Dasonte Bowen

6'5" SG, Josh Dix

SOPHOMORES: 2 players

6'7" F Payton Sandfort

6'11" C Riley Mulvey

JUNIORS: 6 players

6'11" C Josh Ogundele

6'4" G Tony Perkins

6'2" G Ahron Ulis

6'8" F Keegan Murray

6'8" F Kris Murray

6'9" SF Patrick McCaffery

SENIORS: 2 players

5'10" PG Joe Toussaint

6'9" SF Filip Rebraca (this includes the the covid-19 free year that all 2020-2021 athletes were given)

Notable Walk on players:

SOPHOMORES: 2 players

Luc Laketa

Carter Kingsbury

I expect to see Iowa wait till Spring to see what the team needs may be after the season.... Keegan to NBA? Other transfer portal openings?

keep a line in the water to see what bites.

If thats what Iowa in fact does, I will be very pleased with the decision.

Fran in the past has wasted scholarships on real question mark guys at the last minute to fill a scholarship (see Maishe Dailey, Dale Jones etc.).

To me, holding back a scholly shows that either the young guys are proving to be reliable thus far, or Fran is willing to look into the transfer portal again. Both are positives

If thats what Iowa in fact does, I will be very pleased with the decision.

Fran in the past has wasted scholarships on real question mark guys at the last minute to fill a scholarship (see Maishe Dailey, Dale Jones etc.).

To me, holding back a scholly shows that either the young guys are proving to be reliable thus far, or Fran is willing to look into the transfer portal again. Both are positives

yeah, i think we are in good shape right now.

it is interesting that Fran backed off of Luke Hunger when other schools are offering & having him visit

Reactions: perryhawk
ADVERTISEMENT